PDA

View Full Version : Leadtek FX5900 card info

Slappi
07-03-03, 08:35 PM
Ok I just got done testing this card. It comes with that boombox silver heatsink and two fans. It runs very cool after intense gaming and is not very loud at all. It comes clocked at 400/850 and I overclocked mine stable at 500/980. I mean ROCK stable in all benches. I am more then impressed.

ragejg
07-03-03, 08:37 PM
glad to hear...:)

what games are you enjoying with it right now?

Slappi
07-03-03, 08:44 PM
I've tried Diablo II, CS, BF1942, UT2003, U2, JK2, WC3 and some others so far. Also I went straight from a Ti4400 leadtek and their is a noticable difference in 2D quality.

I also scored 6700 in 3Dmark.

GlowStick
07-03-03, 09:04 PM
Nice, thats one sweet Overclock!

Maz
07-04-03, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Slappi
Ok I just got done testing this card. It comes with that boombox silver heatsink and two fans. It runs very cool after intense gaming and is not very loud at all. It comes clocked at 400/850 and I overclocked mine stable at 500/980. I mean ROCK stable in all benches. I am more then impressed.

Is that the ULTRA?

I got the ULTRA and it was reference design???

Lezmaka
07-04-03, 04:26 PM
Since it came clocked at 400/850, I'd have to assume it was not the ultra. I would assume it's the reference design except for the cooling, Leadtek uses their own cooling setup.

Rider007
07-05-03, 05:32 AM
Hey Slappi , you say " I went straight from a Ti4400 leadtek and their is a noticable difference in 2D quality. " .

I'm thinking of getting one of these also , I had a leadtek Ti4400 also and I thought the 2d was really good, do think it even better on the FX ?. Is this the Vivo version ?.

Does the metal box use up 2 slots ?.

Slappi
07-05-03, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Rider007
Hey Slappi , you say " I went straight from a Ti4400 leadtek and their is a noticable difference in 2D quality. " .

I'm thinking of getting one of these also , I had a leadtek Ti4400 also and I thought the 2d was really good, do think it even better on the FX ?. Is this the Vivo version ?.

Does the metal box use up 2 slots ?.

First off it is a one slot card. It is heavy but very solid. THe 2d was very good on my old leadtek ti4400 but it is even better with the 5900 leadtek. Everything is just more crisp. I do have the Vivo edition card. I really like this card.

Rider007
07-05-03, 04:21 PM
You say it keeps cool. Can you give us the temp readings from the Nvidia panel after playing a few hours of games ?.

Slappi
07-05-03, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Rider007
You say it keeps cool. Can you give us the temp readings from the Nvidia panel after playing a few hours of games ?.

It idles at 37-38C and after running hours of Unreal 2 and 3Dmark03 it will never go above 46C.

GlowStick
07-05-03, 08:18 PM
someone needs to make a utility to make a timelog showing what temps its at while your playing a game so you can review it later!

Rider007
07-06-03, 05:13 AM
What mobo / systems specs do you have slappi ?. No shimmering / abnormalities to report ?. I've been reading about a few problems on Evga forums .

Slappi
07-06-03, 06:36 AM
eVGA's problems are a result of their own bios for their 5900 Ultra cards that clocks it at 500/900. My card has worked with every game I threw at it with stability and gorgeous IQ. I also have a 9800 pro in my other machine but have problems running a few games. The 2d is the same on both cards at default and I actually prefer the 2d of the Leadtek 5900 because I use the Digital Vibrance control a little.

As far as 3d quality goes there isn't much of a difference at all. They way these fools run around and plague these forums about how superior ATI's IQ is over nVidia's is garbage. Yah it does have better IQ if you sit and go back and forth a few times to tell the difference in AA. Give me a break. I have both hooked up to the same monitor and I switch back and forth between the two cards with a push of a button running the same game at the same spot and there is MINIMAL differnce. So the ATI blends the AA better ..... the 5900 blends it fine at 4X for me.

Anyway, I have the leadtek on an Abit IC7-G MB running a 2.8C at 3.5ghz with 1024mb ram. It runs fine. The 9800 pro is running on an ASUS P4C800 with a 2.4C running 3.3ghz with 1024mb ram also.

The 9800 pro is a great card and I only payed $270 for it so it was a steal. The leadtek 5900 is also a great card and I payed $370 for it. Is the 5900 worth $100 more? No, but like I said I got the 9800 pro dirt cheap and you probably can't find em that cheap. Is the 5900 worth as much as the 9800 pro? Yes, it is rock stable with all games, OCs amazing (at least mine does) and is just as fast as the 9800 pro from the tests I performed and mainly for me it just has an overall better feel of stablility than my Sap 9800 pro.

So yes I highly recommend the Leadtek 5900. I also highly recommend the Sap 9800pro. I had the oppurtunity to buy both these cards and test them myself so I know what they can do and how they compare. That is the only way I will do it from now on. I feel you just cannot trust these reviews sites anymore. I also feel I cannot trust peoples' opinions on these forums anymore since they obviously have some unknown obsession with flamming the hell out of nVidia and praising ATI. So I bought both and evaluated them myself and guess what? Most of these anti-nVidia posters on here are full of it. That is the truth.

Sad. :(

GlowStick
07-06-03, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Slappi
eVGA's problems are a result of their own bios for their 5900 Ultra cards that clocks it at 500/900. My card has worked with every game I threw at it with stability and gorgeous IQ. I also have a 9800 pro in my other machine but have problems running a few games. The 2d is the same on both cards at default and I actually prefer the 2d of the Leadtek 5900 because I use the Digital Vibrance control a little.

As far as 3d quality goes there isn't much of a difference at all. They way these fools run around and plague these forums about how superior ATI's IQ is over nVidia's is garbage. Yah it does have better IQ if you sit and go back and forth a few times to tell the difference in AA. Give me a break. I have both hooked up to the same monitor and I switch back and forth between the two cards with a push of a button running the same game at the same spot and there is MINIMAL differnce. So the ATI blends the AA better ..... the 5900 blends it fine at 4X for me.

Anyway, I have the leadtek on an Abit IC7-G MB running a 2.8C at 3.5ghz with 1024mb ram. It runs fine. The 9800 pro is running on an ASUS P4C800 with a 2.4C running 3.3ghz with 1024mb ram also.

The 9800 pro is a great card and I only payed $270 for it so it was a steal. The leadtek 5900 is also a great card and I payed $370 for it. Is the 5900 worth $100 more? No, but like I said I got the 9800 pro dirt cheap and you probably can't find em that cheap. Is the 5900 worth as much as the 9800 pro? Yes, it is rock stable with all games, OCs amazing (at least mine does) and is just as fast as the 9800 pro from the tests I performed and mainly for me it just has an overall better feel of stablility than my Sap 9800 pro.

So yes I highly recommend the Leadtek 5900. I also highly recommend the Sap 9800pro. I had the oppurtunity to buy both these cards and test them myself so I know what they can do and how they compare. That is the only way I will do it from now on. I feel you just cannot trust these reviews sites anymore. I also feel I cannot trust peoples' opinions on these forums anymore since they obviously have some unknown obsession with flamming the hell out of nVidia and praising ATI. So I bought both and evaluated them myself and guess what? Most of these anti-nVidia posters on here are full of it. That is the truth.

Sad. :(

Great post! I think you have some very nice systems. And, on a personal note, what is your 2.8C volts set at when you oc'ed it?

BigFish7
07-06-03, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by GlowStick
Great post! I think you have some very nice systems. And, on a personal note, what is your 2.8C volts set at when you oc'ed it?

GS if you think of geting yourself one of these then you should just grab the 2.4C which can do nice 3.4GHz-3.6GHz in most cases morever it's cheaper :)

GlowStick
07-06-03, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by BigFish7
GS if you think of geting yourself one of these then you should just grab the 2.4C which can do nice 3.4GHz-3.6GHz in most cases morever it's cheaper :)

Well, my friend bought a ic7 1gig of ram and a 2.8c, and we cant get it stable at 250fsb 5:4 mem divider, i think he just got a crappy cpu... he has only taken it to 1.65volts though, i told him he could try higher, or buy a new cpu heh.

Slappi
07-06-03, 12:54 PM
Well, my friend bought a ic7 1gig of ram and a 2.8c, and we cant get it stable at 250fsb 5:4 mem divider, i think he just got a crappy cpu... he has only taken it to 1.65volts though, i told him he could try higher, or buy a new cpu heh.

Both my CPUs are running 1.6volts. On the 2.8C I can run Prime95 Stable at 250mhz bus but guess what ..... at 251mhz bus it only runs Prime 95 stable for about 15-30 minutes no matter how high I take the voltage up.....weird. It runs everything else fine up until about 258 or so though.

The 2.4C can get up to into the 280s before it gets unstable but I keep it at 275mhz.

BigFish7
07-06-03, 01:06 PM
he can hit 1.75 with air (good air cooling wihtout even thinking)

Badash
07-07-03, 09:29 PM
New egg got it in, http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduct.asp?DEPA=&submit=Go&description=WinFast+A350