PDA

View Full Version : Noviy Disk: what should they port?

nekrosoft13
01-04-10, 09:06 PM
Most of you maybe didn't heard of Noviy Disk, a Russian Developer/Publisher.

First they ported Dark Sector, then Ninja Blade.

What else would like to see Noviy Disk port over to PC?

note: don't say: Halo, MGS, Uncharted, because those simply won't happen.

LydianKnight
01-04-10, 09:45 PM
Killzone would be great :)

|MaguS|
01-04-10, 09:59 PM
Bayoneta

nekrosoft13
01-04-10, 09:59 PM
Killzone would be great :)

also won't happen

NarcissistZero
01-05-10, 01:55 AM
The Darkness.

Condemned 2.

I would pay a lot for either.

nekrosoft13
01-05-10, 02:50 AM
Bayoneta

engine?

The Darkness.

Condemned 2.

The Darkness is possible and should be easy to port, Starbreeze Engine shouldn't be hard to port since it already runs on PC

Condemned 2, Lithtech Jupiter EX also shouldn't be an issue, since it already runs on PC

Vardant
01-05-10, 03:54 AM
Bayonetta most probably uses MT Framework like most games from Capcom.

Nitz Walsh
01-05-10, 05:01 AM
...except Bayonetta isn't made by Capcom.

I liked the Darkness on the 360, flawed but fun game. Condemned 2 would also be a decent bet.

Really would like Brutal Legend, but don't see a Russian outfit porting that anytime soon.

CaptNKILL
01-05-10, 05:07 AM
Really would like Brutal Legend, but don't see a Russian outfit porting that anytime soon.

Weird. I could have sworn that Brutal Legend was also available on PC.

I'm a little surprised that it isn't actually...

Vardant
01-05-10, 05:14 AM
...except Bayonetta isn't made by Capcom.
You're right. It looked very similar to DMC 4 so I just assumed it's from Capcom. Anyway I think there's no chance we'll see a port of that.

|MaguS|
01-05-10, 08:39 AM
Bayonetta is running on its own engine, no standard or middleware engine.

I don't think they would port really anything from a major publisher or developer, both titles they have in the past were no name games.

Fairytale Fights would be interesting, not the greatest game but could be fun with online coop. It's running on the Unreal Engine 3.

Noriega
01-05-10, 08:54 AM
Forza 3 and GT5! ( I hear nekro say it didn't happen)

omzig
01-05-10, 09:25 AM
GOW2....they cant make anymore of a mess than ppl can fly did with GOW...

AdamK47
01-05-10, 09:28 AM
I bought the UK retail DVD version of Ninja Blade. It's a solid port and a pretty fun game. Some of the menu systems are a little confusing, but they work.

Toss3
01-05-10, 09:48 AM
Final Fantasy XIII :D

Vardant
01-05-10, 10:31 AM
Can't really think of any other game that would be worth porting on PC that's not a first party title. Maybe they could focus on older games from PS2/Xbox era. I wouldn't mind seeing SotC, Persona 4, FF X,XII getting a proper port. Sure you can use emulator, but not everyone can set it up properly and/or have PC's powerful enough.

Nitz Walsh
01-05-10, 11:19 AM
GoW2 isn't being ported because MS is the publisher. No way they'll release the rights.

|MaguS|
01-05-10, 11:34 AM
GoW2 isn't being ported because MS is the publisher. No way they'll release the rights.

It's not because MS is the Publisher (they were for Ninja Blade) its because MS owns the rights to the IP.

NarcissistZero
01-05-10, 03:44 PM
GOW2....they cant make anymore of a mess than ppl can fly did with GOW...

Great port if you ask me, loved it.

It's not because MS is the Publisher (they were for Ninja Blade) its because MS owns the rights to the IP.

Pretty sure it was Epic who told PC gamers to screw off on that one. Of course MS could make them if they wanted to, which they don't.

HiCZoK4
01-05-10, 04:00 PM
The Darkness.

Condemned 2.

I would pay a lot for either.

Darkness and Dead rising on pc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Condemned2 also

HiCZoK4
01-05-10, 04:03 PM
GoW by ppf was great port. Felt absolutly like PC game from start.

Starbreeze is making great ports with Riddick games, Encalve etc.

HiCZoK4
01-05-10, 04:06 PM
Can't really think of any other game that would be worth porting on PC that's not a first party title. Maybe they could focus on older games from PS2/Xbox era. I wouldn't mind seeing SotC, Persona 4, FF X,XII getting a proper port. Sure you can use emulator, but not everyone can set it up properly and/or have PC's powerful enough.

I passed SotC on pcsx2 emulator. And the game is incredible. Wish for port to be able to play in hd res. it looks great.

Vardant
01-05-10, 04:11 PM
Great port if you ask me, loved it.Port was good, but there were some problems with Live, it made the game crash and some updater problems IIRC. Then at some point last year the game just stopped working.

Too bad you can't buy it on Steam or Live, wanted to play the whole game in coop with a friend, but had no luck finding it.

NarcissistZero
01-05-10, 04:15 PM
Port was good, but there were some problems with Live, it made the game crash and some updater problems IIRC. Then at some point last year the game just stopped working.

Too bad you can't buy it on Steam or Live, wanted to play the whole game in coop with a friend, but had no luck finding it.

The game not working thing was ass but not really a sign of a bad port, just bad DRM. Hacked copies worked, as they always do. That is a debate for another thread.

As for finding the game it seems to be in-stock at amazon and the like. Buying a box copy won't hurt ya :p