PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty 7 to be Vietnam based?

Pages : [1] 2 3

evox
01-06-10, 03:40 PM
While not official, there have been several rumblings about Treyarch’s next installment in the white hot Call of Duty franchise. Specifically, the current rumor is that Treyarch’s Winter 2010 entry into the series will be based around conflicts regarding the Vietnam War..

http://abstract360.com/2009/12/rumored-call-of-duty-vietnam-to-be-more-story-heavy/

Joy.(lee63)

S.I.N
01-06-10, 05:05 PM
I hope it is and they better have choppers. The only Vietnam era game that has been good is BF:VT but sadly many over looked it so the community quickly died. I use to play it for hours and damn I felt at home flying those choppers around.

(nana2)
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/H4R8GDlV8rc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/H4R8GDlV8rc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

nekrosoft13
01-06-10, 05:08 PM
I hope it is and they better have choppers. The only Vietnam era game that has been good is BF:VT but sadly many over looked it so the community quickly died. I use to play it for hours and damn I felt at home flying those choppers around.

(nana2)
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/H4R8GDlV8rc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/H4R8GDlV8rc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

whats so good about it? were is the damn jungle

Logical
01-06-10, 05:16 PM
Call of Duty is dying and it doesn't matter if Treyarch are making it or IW.

Thats my opinion anyway. MW2 did so well because of CoD4...none of the next CoD's will be anywhere near as sucessfull.

Bring on BFBC2, BF3 and MoH2010 please.

S.I.N
01-06-10, 05:16 PM
whats so good about it? were is the damn jungle

BF:VT had jungle maps. That's also what was great about that game, the maps were varied. That said, many modders made better maps.

Call of Duty is dying and it doesn't matter if Treyarch are making it or IW.

Thats my opinion anyway. MW2 did so well because of CoD4...none of the next CoD's will be anywhere near as sucessfull.

Bring on BFBC2, BF3 and MoH2010 please.

How do did you come to this conclusion COD is dying? Even World at War sold ridiculous amounts and it was actually good despite the hate some showed it just for being a WWII game..

NarcissistZero
01-06-10, 05:20 PM
This rumor has been around forever and I do hope it's true, but at the same time I hope they can really do dense jungle properly on current hardware.

Logical
01-06-10, 05:41 PM
How do did you come to this conclusion COD is dying? Even World at War sold ridiculous amounts and it was actually good despite the hate some showed it just for being a WWII game..

CoD is dying because there is better games of the same genre coming our way in 2010. Presumptuous yes...but also confident.

:)

NarcissistZero
01-06-10, 05:57 PM
CoD is dying because there is better games of the same genre coming our way in 2010. Presumptuous yes...but also confident.

:)

Unfortunately MW2 has been the Steam top seller or near that since it released almost 2 months ago, the player numbers at any one time are astronomical and the game is a huge succeess.

Another game catering more to your niche interests does not mean CoD is dying.

Logical
01-06-10, 06:10 PM
Unfortunately MW2 has been the Steam top seller or near that since it released almost 2 months ago, the player numbers at any one time are astronomical and the game is a huge succeess.

Another game catering more to your niche interests does not mean CoD is dying.

I think that when BFBC2 and MoH2010 are released the 'amount of hours played' on any CoD game on PC will drop dramatically, therefore the death of CoD will begin. It may not be dying yet...but it is terminally ill.

May i ask why it is unfortunate that MW2 is the steam top seller? And may i suggest that media promotions and very expensive advertising along with the CoD name may have had something to do with those sales. It is a success for IW as they have made a lot of money on the CoD name but MW2 is a mediocre FPS at best and imo the most overhyped game of 2009.

Again i only speak of multiplayer...i have no interest in singleplayer rail shooters especially when they have been done before and better.

Muppet
01-06-10, 06:22 PM
I think that when BFBC2 and MoH2010 are released the 'amount of hours played' on any CoD game on PC will drop dramatically, therefore the death of CoD will begin. It may not be dying yet...but it is terminally ill.

May i ask why it is unfortunate that MW2 is the steam top seller? And may i suggest that media promotions and very expensive advertising along with the CoD name may have had something to do with those sales. It is a success for IW as they have made a lot of money on the CoD name but MW2 is a mediocre FPS at best and imo the most overhyped game of 2009.

Again i only speak of multiplayer...i have no interest in singleplayer rail shooters especially when they have been done before and better.

How can you sit there with an honest face and say the COD series is dying. It is now the biggest selling game (MW2) of all time.

Mr. Hunt
01-06-10, 06:25 PM
How can you sit there with an honest face and say the COD series is dying. It is now the biggest selling game (MW2) of all time.

Wishful thinking on his part, lol. I have played BFBC2, and the game sucks.

hokeyplyr48
01-06-10, 06:31 PM
If you guys really want to talk about an overhyped game, talk about halo. Jesus that game is a piece of ****. Got to be one of the worst FPS games I've ever played. If it weren't for the hype the game would have been completely overlooked.

NarcissistZero
01-06-10, 06:32 PM

If you say so, evidence of this is non-existant.

Unfortunate for you because you want something most people seem not to, it matters little to me personally. As for promotions being the reason that doesn't explain the amazingly high numbers of players both on Xbox AND on PC. When the game came out it was at roughly 80,000 players online just with the multiplayer at once, now the last time I looked it was at like 130,000 at any given single moment. That's a lot of players, a LOT more than Left 4 Dead 2 which came out roughly at the same time... people seem satisfied with the game. And it is SOLELY multiplayer, the singleplayer is a seperate app.

I don't know many that do pure rail shooters better, but I guess that is opinion. In any case we are talking about multiplayer and multiplayer MW2 is a massive success on PC, sorry.

Logical
01-06-10, 06:38 PM
Why would it be wishfull thinking...i have MW2 and played over 100 hours of multiplayer. It doesn't suck but it isnt great either.

Please stop talking about sales....i reckon 85% of people that purchased the game had no idea how it was gonna be...again you have expensive marketing and overhype that saw to that.

CoD4 is still the best of the series and that isn't going off sales but going off how damn good the game was....unfortunately MW2 couldn't capture the same game experience although it did try to copy...

Do you guys honestly think any CoD game released after MW2 will sell as well...you are kidding yourselves if you think so.

Logical
01-06-10, 06:45 PM
Unfortunate for you because you want something most people seem not to, it matters little to me personally. As for promotions being the reason that doesn't explain the amazingly high numbers of players both on Xbox AND on PC. When the game came out it was at roughly 80,000 players online just with the multiplayer at once, now the last time I looked it was at like 130,000 at any given single moment. That's a lot of players, a LOT more than Left 4 Dead 2 which came out roughly at the same time... people seem satisfied with the game. And it is SOLELY multiplayer, the singleplayer is a seperate app.

Please tell me what i want NZ?, i can't get where your going with this i just have an opinion that a few people disagree with. Maybe you think that i want MW2 to die..answer is a certain no...if fourzerotwo was to tweet about dedicated servers appearing in the next major MW2 patch then you would see me as very happy indeed..im still awaiting the news on the mod tools he tweeted about before christmas. I couldn't care less if MW2 died or not i just know that the community i am a part of have no time for MW2 due to obvious reasons. What i can't understand is the joe public that seem to think this game is the be all and end all....it will die....eventually.

If soo many people buy the game they are going to play it...as i have..so yes lots of sales = lots of players.

I don't know many that do pure rail shooters better, but I guess that is opinion. In any case we are talking about multiplayer and multiplayer MW2 is a massive success on PC, sorry.

There isn't many that can do rail shooters better, however i was refering to CoD4 as being done before MW2 and better.
I never said it wasn't a success i just have my own theorys on why it is a success. No need to be sorry, i have enjoyed most of my time on MW2, just not to the extent that i expected.

S.I.N
01-06-10, 06:50 PM
Why would it be wishfull thinking...i have MW2 and played over 100 hours of multiplayer. It doesn't suck but it isnt great either.

Please stop talking about sales....i reckon 85% of people that purchased the game had no idea how it was gonna be...again you have expensive marketing and overhype that saw to that.

CoD4 is still the best of the series and that isn't going off sales but going off how damn good the game was....unfortunately MW2 couldn't capture the same game experience although it did try to copy...

Do you guys honestly think any CoD game released after MW2 will sell as well...you are kidding yourselves if you think so.

Your name doesn't fit you at all. Why would you spend over 100 hours on a game you don't think is great? I'm not even at 30 hours and I have been playing damn near every night since launch.

And I reckon it was more like 100% that had no idea how the game was going to be but I bet more than 85% expectations were high coming off MW1 and most seem to think they were met except for the server bullshaft PC gamers got.

And no one is saying the next COD will outsell this one but it sure as hell will not bomb or even hint that COD is dying like you are making it seem.

Logical
01-06-10, 06:53 PM
Sorry to OP...thought i was in the MW2 official game thread for a moment....stay on topic guys lol

Logical
01-06-10, 07:00 PM
Your name doesn't fit you at all. Why would you spend over 100 hours on a game you don't think is great? I'm not even at 30 hours and I have been playing damn near every night since launch.

And I reckon it was more like 100% that had no idea how the game was going to be but I bet more than 85% expectations were high coming off MW1 and most seem to think they were met except for the server bullshaft PC gamers got.

And no one is saying the next COD will outsell this one but it sure as hell will not bomb or even hint that COD is dying like you are making it seem.

You have a point SIN, i guess i need to look at the 'bigger picture', competitive communities have no time for MW2. I guess public players do... I have had 'a lot' of experience playing PC FPS games and is certainly my genre of choice..there are things i look at i guess the average person doesnt. Such as game balance, hit reg, lag, map layout for different gametypes, spawn points, alternating spawn positions, spawn chasing, positional points on the map, bomb and flag placements, killstreak balance, perk balance and strats....In all these areas MW2 caters for public non tactical play and this is all because they didn't release dedicated servers on PC.

No need to bash me guys...it is my opinion albeit it may be biased towards the competitive and modding community but it still is my opinion.

nekrosoft13
01-06-10, 07:45 PM
for me the best Vietnam game was and still is Vietcong.

Trully shows that war in vietnam was like, with deep lush jungles, enemies coming out of nowhere, with vietcong deep underground tunnels.

NarcissistZero
01-06-10, 09:15 PM
Please tell me what i want NZ?, i can't get where your going with this i just have an opinion that a few people disagree with.

I was meaning dedicated servers, clan support, mods, etc. etc.. Most people do not want these things, they just want a quick and easy play experience.

CaptNKILL
01-06-10, 09:24 PM
for me the best Vietnam game was and still is Vietcong.

Trully shows that war in vietnam was like, with deep lush jungles, enemies coming out of nowhere, with vietcong deep underground tunnels.

Yeah, Vietcong was a cool game.

I didn't play the single player portion very much but the multiplayer was unlike anything else at the time. I think it was the first game I played that actually had foliage. I loved crawling around in the bushes with an SKS and popping some heads.

The game had pretty awesome graphics at the time, but they haven't aged too well... mostly due to the extremely low-poly scenery. The textures aren't bad though.

http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/vietcong/screenshots/gameShotId,45113/

methimpikehoses
01-06-10, 09:26 PM
Col. Kurtz... he dead.

nekrosoft13
01-06-10, 09:27 PM
I think it was the first game I played that actually had foliage. I loved crawling around in the bushes with an SKS and popping some heads.[/url]

single player was awesome, the best vietnam experience, crawling in complete darkness through vietcong tunnels

Viral
01-07-10, 02:52 AM
I hope so. I just hope they get the dense jungle right and whether or not the current engine/hardware can do it well. Then again I think SOF2 way back in the day using the Quake3 engine did a better job than many current games, so it's probably more down to the artists ability than anything else.

Vietnam is probably the freshest setting they can do and has a good balance between new(ish) weaponry and a classic setting.

K007
01-07-10, 03:24 AM
i shall wait for BFBC2 / MoH MW.