PDA

View Full Version : Those of you who bought the id super pack...

Intel17
01-07-10, 09:59 PM
...what game in particular did you buy it for? Or did you just want to have them all in a convenient collection?

Personally, I'd never played Quake/Quake II's expansions and the Hexen games. I'd long since lost my floppy copy of Heretic, and had lost my CD copy of RTCW. Oh, and I'd never owned Spear of Destiny either.

Damn, I have a lot of id catching up to do...

NarcissistZero
01-07-10, 10:27 PM
Yeah, with a lot of those games being floppy discs and such the digital collection is a good option.

Make sure you run those old games with their modern modded versions.

Mr Bigman
01-08-10, 12:42 AM
Id still makes the best games.

I was hoping these old games would be updated to latest versionx being patched already and on a dvd or cd.

HiCZoK4
01-08-10, 02:32 AM
Hexen is one of my fav oldsql games. have it running dosbox. And HExen2 is master piece.
Didnt played expansions either

NarcissistZero
01-08-10, 05:36 AM
No dosbox! Run them with the 3D mods, they looks just like the old versions but in full 3D at modern resolutions.

LurkerLito
01-08-10, 11:23 AM
I didn't buy it for any one game. I had most of them already bought and scattered on various discs or floppies somewhere and some possibly lost or thrown out at some point. Given the price as low as it was on steam, it's just more convenient to have them installable at a touch of a button than to go try and find the discs or floppies.

|MaguS|
01-08-10, 11:26 AM
I bought it to have them all on steam... don't want to **** with all the discs.

six_storm
01-08-10, 12:06 PM
I bought it just to have the classics. ;)

nomec
01-08-10, 12:14 PM
I forgot, was Quake 4 part of this deal? I just thought it was a sweet deal for so many games at $25. Not to mention I have not played RTCW yet :o

|MaguS|
01-08-10, 12:15 PM
I forgot, was Quake 4 part of this deal? I just thought it was a sweet deal for so many games at $25. Not to mention I have not played RTCW yet :o

No because Quake 4 isn't an ID Game.

nomec
01-08-10, 02:00 PM

Gotcha, I just assumed it was because the other Quakes were.

NarcissistZero
01-08-10, 05:20 PM

Well... their name is on the box, it's an id... produced game? Directed game? I dunno. It is not id developed, no, but they had something to do with it. Same with Wolfenstein.

id overseen!

Intel17
01-08-10, 05:39 PM

Hexen, Heretic, RTCW, DOOM 3 RoE, Quake Expansions, and Quake 2 expansions were not id games.

snowmanwithahat
01-09-10, 03:29 PM
damn... i didn't relize the super-pack was $25...

I had been looking at it for a while but completely forgot abou tit with this christmas sale stuff going on... I'm really pissed I missed it

snowmanwithahat
01-09-10, 03:30 PM
Well... their name is on the box, it's an id... produced game? Directed game? I dunno. It is not id developed, no, but they had something to do with it. Same with Wolfenstein.

id overseen!

the only "ID" thing abou the game is the engine... and the fact that it's a sequel to the earlier quakes which were ID developed

NarcissistZero
01-09-10, 03:35 PM
the only "ID" thing abou the game is the engine... and the fact that it's a sequel to the earlier quakes which were ID developed

They have their name on the box, they own the ip, they probably had some sort of approval role on certain things, that's all I meant.