PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to force 'threaded optimization' off *from the application*?

fateswarm
01-08-10, 09:27 AM
In distributing an .exe to users, the default nvidia setting appears to be on, but, the app is buggy with it on. Is there a way to force the 'threaded optimization' option off through the application? an env var at least.

Gregor976
01-09-10, 11:02 PM
In distributing an .exe to users, the default nvidia setting appears to be on, but, the app is buggy with it on. Is there a way to force the 'threaded optimization' option off through the application? an env var at least.

Right click on the desktop, select NVIDIA control panel, expand the 3d settings, select manage 3d settings.

In the right panel select the second tab "Program Settings", select the program and if it's not there just click add and browse to the app's executable.

Then just turn off threaded optimization for that app, click apply, close nvidia control panel.

When you run the program threaded optimization will be disabled for that program.

Absolution
01-12-10, 02:07 PM
That doesn't work for him as he's distributing the application.

Half of users won't even read the instructions, a quarter left will not be able to follow them, and a quarter will maybe be able to get it right.

In other words, its too much of an inconvenience to the common user.

My suggestion to you is look through the developer nvidia sdk's and what not. Maybe send someone at nVidia an email.

Gregor976
01-12-10, 08:09 PM
I was looking at the forum it was posted in and the wording. My conclusion that he didn't know how to do it through the control panel seemed justified.

Oh well. :)