PDA

View Full Version : 9800 xp64 driver issues

freaknasty
01-13-10, 10:44 AM
hi, rage3d transpant here; thought i might see if you guys/gals had any ideas on my longstanding problem

i have a 9800 with vistax64.

my problem is vista keeps on unloading my videocard drivers and resets the drivers very frequently. when this happens i can feel whatever im doign pause for a second and then restart.

ive tried every vista 64 nvidia driver that i could find but i almost always get a nag message on booting about an uncertified video card driver

im posting from work so i have limited specific information about my rig.

thanks for any generic solutions you might have

-freak (encyclopedia_b on rage3d)

Alceryes
01-18-10, 09:22 AM
hi, rage3d transpant here; thought i might see if you guys/gals had any ideas on my longstanding problem

i have a 9800 with vistax64.

my problem is vista keeps on unloading my videocard drivers and resets the drivers very frequently. when this happens i can feel whatever im doign pause for a second and then restart.

ive tried every vista 64 nvidia driver that i could find but i almost always get a nag message on booting about an uncertified video card driver

im posting from work so i have limited specific information about my rig.

thanks for any generic solutions you might have

-freak (encyclopedia_b on rage3d)

Does this 'hitching' happen mostly in game? If so, I had the same issue with W7 x64. I found it to be the 19x drivers. Went back to the 186.18's, gained a few fps, AND got rid of the hitching.