PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Woods 2003 Not Enough Memory DX Error!


shuttleteam
07-04-03, 06:26 PM
Ok, I'm running a 5900FX Ultra 256MB, SuperMicro X5DAE, (2) Xeon 2.66GHz, 4GB Corsair PC2100 REG ECC mem, SB Audigy 2, LSi MegaRAID Enterprise 1600, Windows XP Pro SP1.

All games work fine. I had a 9800 Pro in the system that ran TW2k3 fine.

With the GF, I'm getting this error!

http://www.shuttleteam.com/images/tw2k35900.gif

Then when I click OK I get this:

http://www.shuttleteam.com/images/tw2k359001.gif

This is with the DEMO. I don't have my disks with me to install the full version.

Should I just reformat my computer and try again? It's not as difficult as it is for most people. It's just a worksatan! :)

-DAK-

deejaya
07-04-03, 07:22 PM
Got the 1.2 patch installed? I don't have the game but I think I remember reading it needed this patch for the nv35..

DivotMaker
07-04-03, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by deejaya
Got the 1.2 patch installed? I don't have the game but I think I remember reading it needed this patch for the nv35..

The 1.2 patch is for the full version, not the demo. I am sorry but I think the demo will not run on the FX for the very same reasons patch 1.2 was issued...to address users who are trying to play the game with 256 MB cards.

Smokey
07-04-03, 09:00 PM
check the driver forum, someone has posted problems with TW and certain drivers with her GFFX either the 5800 or 5900.

edit
here is that thread click me (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14362)

Basiclly I think they need to make a patch for the demo, her problem is something else once the patch is applied.

shuttleteam
07-04-03, 09:25 PM
Thanks guys!

Yes I figured it was related to the game. I was gonna re-load and am glad I didn't!

Everything else seems to run good...

-DAK-

DivotMaker
07-04-03, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Smokey

Basiclly I think they need to make a patch for the demo

Um, that is not going to happen....not for a demo....

Matthyahuw
07-04-03, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by BigBerthaEA
Um, that is not going to happen....not for a demo.... There's been tons of patches for demos before, BF1942 was the last one I can remember...and that was an EA game too

nin_fragile14
07-04-03, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Matthyahuw
There's been tons of patches for demos before, BF1942 was the last one I can remember...and that was an EA game too

Unfortunately, Tiger Woods is nowhere near the popularity of that and will never be patched. Great game too. :(

DivotMaker
07-04-03, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by nin_fragile14
Unfortunately, Tiger Woods is nowhere near the popularity of that and will never be patched. Great game too. :(

Pretty accurate synopsis there....if Tiger PC sold as many units and had the revenue stream that BF 1942 has, then there might be an "updated" demo of TW 2003. TW 2003 has actually been a major turning point for the PC version of the franchise. Until 2003, TW games had NEVER won a critical award for game of the year, in fact never even being nominated.

This year, TW 2003 won 6 major PC Sports GOTY awards for the first time in it's history. It has also exceeded sales expectations greatly. Latest TRTS retail sales stats indicate that it is in the Top 25 most weeks in overall PC game sales and is #1 in Sports PC games the entire year. Despite the successes and achievements, TW is a drop in the bucket in comparison to it's console versions and other games like BF 1942 on a per-unit basis.

Smokey
07-05-03, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by BigBerthaEA
Pretty accurate synopsis there....if Tiger PC sold as many units and had the revenue stream that BF 1942 has, then there might be an "updated" demo of TW 2003. TW 2003 has actually been a major turning point for the PC version of the franchise. Until 2003, TW games had NEVER won a critical award for game of the year, in fact never even being nominated.

This year, TW 2003 won 6 major PC Sports GOTY awards for the first time in it's history. It has also exceeded sales expectations greatly. Latest TRTS retail sales stats indicate that it is in the Top 25 most weeks in overall PC game sales and is #1 in Sports PC games the entire year. Despite the successes and achievements, TW is a drop in the bucket in comparison to it's console versions and other games like BF 1942 on a per-unit basis.

Interesting stats there :) I loved golf games on the pc around the time of 3dwolfie, captain keen, tried Linx something that needed a 486 min I think, btw do you work for the TW development team or is that big EA in your name have nothing to do with the company EA :p If you are then I guess you would know if the demo was going to get patched or not ;)

DivotMaker
07-05-03, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Smokey
btw do you work for the TW development team or is that big EA in your name have nothing to do with the company EA :p If you are then I guess you would know if the demo was going to get patched or not ;)

I am the Community Representative for Tiger Woods PGA TOUR Golf for EA Sports. I am not an employee of the company and I support EA and the game on my own time. I work very closely with the Tiger Producers at EA and the game devloper, Headgate Studios. I see builds of the game at very early stages (well before alpha) and offer feedback to EA and Headgate. We are now beta testing TW 2004.

I am also on contract with them on a part time basis for other development based activities. In the past year I have videotaped and photograhed 6 Golf courses for TW Golf. It appears that I have that job all to myself now. It is a very nice little side hobby that actually creates revenue. I am very fortunate to have such a hobby.

Smokey
07-05-03, 12:48 PM
Heh that sounds awsome to say the least :) Well good luck with it and hope you catch most of those bugs for TW2004 ;) I was only half serious with my question, so thanks for replying :thumbsup:

nin_fragile14
07-05-03, 12:56 PM
When is the release date for TW2004? I'm anticipating this game nearly as much as Half-Life 2; TW 2003 for PC is that good. One of my favorite games in the last several years.

DivotMaker
07-05-03, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by nin_fragile14
When is the release date for TW2004? I'm anticipating this game nearly as much as Half-Life 2; TW 2003 for PC is that good. One of my favorite games in the last several years.

Thank you for the kind feedback! TW 2004 PC is slated to be released in Late Fall. I hope we can build on the success we enjoyed with 2003...

Again, thank you for the wonderful comments...it is always great to hear!

-Tim

Matthyahuw
07-06-03, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by BigBerthaEA
I am the Community Representative for Tiger Woods PGA TOUR Golf for EA Sports. I am not an employee of the company and I support EA and the game on my own time. I work very closely with the Tiger Producers at EA and the game devloper, Headgate Studios. I see builds of the game at very early stages (well before alpha) and offer feedback to EA and Headgate. We are now beta testing TW 2004.

I am also on contract with them on a part time basis for other development based activities. In the past year I have videotaped and photograhed 6 Golf courses for TW Golf. It appears that I have that job all to myself now. It is a very nice little side hobby that actually creates revenue. I am very fortunate to have such a hobby. Whenever you come to Medinah, look me up!

saturnotaku
07-06-03, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Matthyahuw
Whenever you come to Medinah, look me up!

Me too! As a matter of fact I used to live not less than 1 mile away from that famed country club. :D

Matthyahuw
07-06-03, 11:40 AM
Used to be a caddy there in Jr. High. I was the #1 rated "B" caddy there one year :D

DivotMaker
07-06-03, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Matthyahuw
Whenever you come to Medinah, look me up!

Originally posted by saturnotaku
Me too! As a matter of fact I used to live not less than 1 mile away from that famed country club. :D

If we ever do that course, I will be sure to keep that in mind...

I have been to some good ones (6) in the past 9 months....(I can only mention the ones that have been announced so far)

Colonial Country Club in Ft. Worth
Pinehurst #2
Bethpage Black (site of 2002 US Open...met John Elway in the Hilton Hotel there...

Pebble Beach (re-filmed and re-photographed the course to bring the one in the game up to current course conditions)

Went to two more but I can't reveal either yet but ironically saw John Elway at the last one and he recognized me from before and asked me to join him for lunch and the following day I met Troy Aikman at the exact same course and grill...wow, what a trip!

As soon as I can, I will tell you guys what the other 2 courses are...

saturnotaku
07-06-03, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Matthyahuw
Used to be a caddy there in Jr. High. I was the #1 rated "B" caddy there one year :D

A bunch of my friends from high school didn't make it as caddies there, so they went over to Itasca CC which is either the poor-man's (or bastardized depending on how you look at it) Medinah.

Matthyahuw
07-06-03, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by saturnotaku
A bunch of my friends from high school didn't make it as caddies there, so they went over to Itasca CC which is either the poor-man's (or bastardized depending on how you look at it) Medinah. hehe, I remember one embarrasing moment I had, some rich dude gave me his empty pop can to toss, so I put it down and stepped on it to crush it. Not realizing I was on the green :D

I did it 3 yrs there, was real fun, got to meet cool people (like Walter Payton), and got free eats in the process!