PDA

View Full Version : NVIDIA GF100 Previews

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52

Rollo
03-13-10, 10:07 AM
So now we are suppose to believe that you have changed, that you no longer lie in public forums, sorry I don't buy it. You would still be undercover if Geo and others hadn't called you all out.

Personally I don't care what you believe. :headexplode:

http://board.mypersianforum.com/showthread.php?t=299950

Anyone here who believes Shadow001 "just happens" to have the current highest ATi rig, that he "just coincidentally" refuses to post a receipt for, and that he "just happens" to spend hours a day on the NVIDIA fansite linking to Charlie's FUD and posting volumes of his own FUD couldn't be an ATi viral marketer should PM me. We need to talk about some "fantastic" deals on "rare" vintage computer parts. :)

Rollo
03-13-10, 10:12 AM
Pots and kettles??.

Exactly my point Nigel- sometimes "it takes one to know one" and sometimes these guys slip below the radar because no one takes the time review their old posts. I did, and that plus his refusal to post receipts when originally asked tell me he's viral.

If I'm wrong, he could have ended all possible specualtion back then by just posting the receipt.

Now, others in this thread suspect him as well.

(and if he posts them now it's meaningless, he's had time to get them or fake them since)

I suppose we could test him the old fashioned way;
Throw him in a tank of water. If he floats, he be human. If he sinks, he be viral. ;)

Johnny C
03-13-10, 10:55 AM
Throw him in a tank of water. If he floats, he be human. If he sinks, he be viral. ;)

Funniest thing you've posted...

NIGELG
03-13-10, 11:09 AM
Exactly my point Nigel- sometimes "it takes one to know one" and sometimes these guys slip below the radar because no one takes the time review their old posts. I did, and that plus his refusal to post receipts when originally asked tell me he's viral.

If I'm wrong, he could have ended all possible specualtion back then by just posting the receipt.

Now, others in this thread suspect him as well.

(and if he posts them now it's meaningless, he's had time to get them or fake them since)

HA HA.....what if he lost his receipt??Anyhow let's get back on course.....what about that 470 vs 5850/5870 pricewise,powerwise,performancewise and availabilitywise????

shadow001
03-13-10, 11:30 AM
Rollo,i've already stated many times i'm not in any way affiliated with ATI in the least,and i've told you this many times already,so stop being a knucklehead for once in your life...

The discussion with Razor actually had some benefits in terms of actually talking about aspects relating to fermi,including links to articles written by anandtech,Hard OCP,Guru3D and the tech report and those 4 alone are some of the oldest tech review sites on the net today,not unknown start ups here,so they're kinda hard to dissmiss as talking bull****.

And yes,it also includes my own personal opinions about open standards and actually using the hardware we already have in our systems,such as those lovely i7 920,with 4 cores and handling 8 threads,which are hardly getting used in gaming as it is,and have spare power left over to run more sophicated A.I. and physics routines if needed,find their limits,and if Fermi can do better than that,and still handle all the graphics workloads at the same time at high quality graphics settings,using a single GPU,and keeping smooth performance(60 Fps average),then i'm sold on it.

It's simple really.

Rollo
03-13-10, 11:41 AM
HA HA.....what if he lost his receipt??Anyhow let's get back on course.....what about that 470 vs 5850/5870 pricewise,powerwise,performancewise and availabilitywise????

See that's the thing- NOBODY that spends $1200+ on video cards less than 6 months ago loses the receipt. You'd want to have it for warranty.

For that matter, if you bought them on EBay or from an Etailer, you could just log on, shoot a screenshot, and blur your account info. (as I suggested to him multiple times)

I also suggested he post a receipt for his three Acer 120Hz monitors. He coincidentally "lost" the receipt for those too?

He could have ended all speculation by posting the receipt(s), but he chose to say (over and over) "The receipts are no one's business!".

He be viral. :thumbdwn:

It's one thing for ATi to have viral marketers doing crap like Shadow 001 is up to, it's quite another to not disclose affiliation.

shadow001
03-13-10, 11:50 AM
See that's the thing- NOBODY that spends $1200+ on video cards less than 6 months ago loses the receipt. You'd want to have it for warranty.

For that matter, if you bought them on EBay or from an Etailer, you could just log on, shoot a screenshot, and blur your account info. (as I suggested to him multiple times)

I also suggested he post a receipt for his three Acer 120Hz monitors. He coincidentally "lost" the receipt for those too?

He could have ended all speculation by posting the receipt(s), but he chose to say (over and over) "The receipts are no one's business!".

He be viral. :thumbdwn:

It's one thing for ATi to have viral marketers doing crap like Shadow 001 is up to, it's quite another to not disclose affiliation.

Hey asshole,i'm not associated in any way with ATI and i bought my cards thanks.

How many times do i have to say it ???

Rollo
03-13-10, 12:01 PM
Hey asshole,i'm not associated in any way with ATI and i bought my cards thanks.

I don't believe you, so I guess it doesn't matter how many times you say it. You had the opportunity to prove me wrong back then and didn't.

I think it's because you couldn't, and I think you're upset now because if people know the real deal with you it's the end of the road for you here unless you re-reg.

Snake101st
03-13-10, 12:09 PM
I think the last few pages of this thread should be moved to the "no news about fermi, so let's waste our time and argue about pointless things" section, and then we should start talking about the gtx470 and 480 again.

Seriously, it's kind of ridiculous to spend as much of your time arguing about this crap as you guys have, I think you guys really need to find a girl, or possibly start talking to your wives again.

I'm excited to see what the price/performance of the cards are as much as anyone (I'm hoping to buy 2 470s or 480s), but let's stop arguing about OT things and wait for some news: :)

shadow001
03-13-10, 12:11 PM
I don't believe you, so I guess it doesn't matter how many times you say it. You had the opportunity to prove me wrong back then and didn't.

I think it's because you couldn't, and I think you're upset now because if people know the real deal with you it's the end of the road for you here unless you re-reg.

I'm not upset in the least....I stated the truth,even if in that twisted ****ed up mind of yours,you don't believe it,is that clear enough?

How can some be this dense in a consistent fashion,and even suggest that i'm not who i say i am,that i'd blow my cover,and have to re register,has to out of his deluded mind....Seriously,you need help.

shadow001
03-13-10, 12:13 PM
I think the last few pages of this thread should be moved to the "no news about fermi, so let's waste our time and argue about pointless things" section, and then we should start talking about the gtx470 and 480 again.

Seriously, it's kind of ridiculous to spend as much of your time arguing about this crap as you guys have, I think you guys really need to find a girl, or possibly start talking to your wives again.

I'm excited to see what the price/performance of the cards are as much as anyone (I'm hoping to buy 2 470s or 480s), but let's stop arguing about OT things and wait for some news: :)

Fully agree,but i've said my peace there,so i have nothing to add really.

13 days to go for the reviews.

Iruwen
03-13-10, 12:18 PM
Who the hell cares if shadow is related to ATI anyway? I'm an Nvidia fanboy somehow and I don't have any problem with what he writes... blowing smoke up each other's asses here would be pretty boring.

Rollo
03-13-10, 12:25 PM
I'm not upset in the least....I stated the truth,even if in that twisted ****ed up mind of yours,you don't believe it,is that clear enough?

How can some be this dense in a consistent fashion,and even suggest that i'm not who i say i am,that i'd blow my cover,and have to re register,has to out of his deluded mind....Seriously,you need help.

Since this is what you would say if I'm right about you, I guess it makes that decision to not post your receipts all the more suspicious.

All a user here has to do is search your posts and see the HUGE amount of time you spend pimping ATi and FUDding NVIDIA.

When they combine that with your 4870X2 CF rig, then your 5970 CF rig that you mysteriously fear posting receipts for like it is an invitation to the Grim Reaper, there's room for reasonable doubt about your assertions you have no ties to ATi .

If you don't what's the payoff for you spending so very many hours here (on the NVIDIA fansite) shouting down every single person who says the Fermis might be OK? What's the motivation? Even the ATi fans who did pay for their stuff here (like Xion) are noticing what a FUD machine you are.

You didn't post your receipts because your stuff came from High Road or from ATi direct. You're a viral marketer whose assignment is to subvert this forum and evangelize ATi products.

And I see you like a deer frozen in my headlights.

Sazar
03-13-10, 12:33 PM
Rollo, you are essentially engaging in character assassination to "prove" your points.

You are essentially paid to provide your views. You are provided with free software and hardware and yet have no qualms about talking about how high-end products are for high-end users and blah blah blah, when your personal costs for these items are not reflective of the true cost of ownership.

Please give up your cyberbullying tactics.

Again, you are a very poor reflection of an Nvidia Focus Group Member and are a very bad advertisement for Nvidia, the company. I wish there was a place for me to file official complaints because there is not a single other Focus Group Member who behaves like you that I have come across.

All the others are helpful and do Nvidia proud. You just troll the forums on the internet with your freebies, looking to pick fights and goading and baiting people. You are the LAST person who should be commenting about the character of another person on these forums.

You really need to step away from your keyboard and re-think what YOUR posts and YOUR comments are doing to the excellent work of other Focus Group Members like ChrisRay. It is just utterly shameful and despicable and yet, you don't seem to give a **** how you tarnish either their or Nvidia's reputation.

Rollo
03-13-10, 12:40 PM
Who the hell cares if shadow is related to ATI anyway? I'm an Nvidia fanboy somehow and I don't have any problem with what he writes... blowing smoke up each other's asses here would be pretty boring.

You should. The shilling he's doing is anti- competitive and unethical at the very best. May well be illegal in light of the recent FTC ruling that says people who receive free products from a corporation for review must post it along with their opinions.

Shadow001 might have something much more important than his anonymity at stake- if I'm right, both he and ATi could be liable to criminal charges. He's got VERY big reasons to hide and refute if I'm correct.

If I'm not correct, it's almost sadder yet. Search his posts and let your eyes wander over the 1000s and 1000s of words he's typed in his attempts to damage NVIDIA. What kind of hobby is that?

Sazar
03-13-10, 12:45 PM
You should. The shilling he's doing is anti- competitive and unethical at the very best. May well be illegal in light of the recent FTC ruling that says people who receive free products from a corporation for review must post it along with their opinions.

Shadow001 might have something much more important than his anonymity at stake- if I'm right, both he and ATi could be liable to criminal charges. He's got VERY big reasons to hide and refute if I'm correct.

If I'm not correct, it's almost sadder yet. Search his posts and let your eyes wander over the 1000s and 1000s of words he's typed in his attempts to damage NVIDIA. What kind of hobby is that?

Hey, it sounds just like you are describing yourself, just in rosier terms.

Correct me if I am wrong, I am not quite sure if I have seen you explain what free products you have received posted along with your opinions. Does this mean you are in violation of the recent FTC ruling you are alluding to?

scubes
03-13-10, 01:07 PM

come on MODS BAN THIS TWHAT this thread was good at the start now its gettin outa hand buy name calling AND HIS COMMENTS...

Enrico_be
03-13-10, 01:10 PM
I understand what Rollo says and I agree with him :) If my English writing skills were better I'd be posting here much much more often. But I must also say, pls Rollo stop getting frustrated about it because it's not worth it ! This goes on for days and all that energy and time can be used better. Every users here (like myself) just ignores what he/she posts anti-nvidia. (Hey this is an nvidia fan site ...)

I joined this site/forum for one purpose, being able to see (or maybe post) the latest news that nvidia has to offer us. Unless I'm mistaken, this is still an nvidia based fan site so I hope I'm still at the right place and I hope ATI fanboys will stay away from here :)

scubes
03-13-10, 01:22 PM
I understand what Rollo says and I agree with him :) If my English writing skills were better I'd be posting here much much more often. But I must also say, pls Rollo stop getting frustrated about it because it's not worth it ! This goes on for days and all that energy and time can be used better. Every users here (like myself) just ignores what he/she posts anti-nvidia. (Hey this is an nvidia fan site ...)

I joined this site/forum for one purpose, being able to see (or maybe post) the latest news that nvidia has to offer us. Unless I'm mistaken, this is still an nvidia based fan site so I hope I'm still at the right place and I hope ATI fanboys will stay away from here :)

WELL SAID MATE IM ON THE SAME boat as you im not a fanboy im just interested in new technology thats all....

Rollo
03-13-10, 01:46 PM
Hey, it sounds just like you are describing yourself, just in rosier terms.

Correct me if I am wrong, I am not quite sure if I have seen you explain what free products you have received posted along with your opinions. Does this mean you are in violation of the recent FTC ruling you are alluding to?

Not according to NVIDIA's legal department, who wrote the signature displayed on all of my posts, everywhere. There's no doubt that I am loosely affiliated with NVIDIA, and receive free products from them. :)

Enrico_be
03-13-10, 02:04 PM
I hope it hasn't been posted yet

http://translate.google.nl/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=nl&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pcgameshardware.de%2Faid%2C7065 10%2FNvidia-auf-der-GDC-2010-Geforce-GTX-480-meets-Metro-2033-in-3D%2FAction-Spiel%2FNews%2F&sl=auto&tl=en

An island with DirectX 11 illustrated scene put on static and dynamic Tessalation and let the CPU so largely at rest: the basic set of 20,000 objects calculated a GTX 480 as the highest level of detail just under 1.6 billion triangles per second.. The grass animation to let through to 3.5 million straws in the wind and vibrate - 48 million triangles per frame

-> 1.6 billion triangles per second on GTX480 in DX11 Island demo ..... that's freaking awesome ^^

Xion X2
03-13-10, 02:24 PM
Guys, you should just let it go and hush. Shadow had shut up, but every time you goad him he's going to come back out of the woodwork because of all your bantering. A man has a right to defend himself.

It'll be an eternal circle unless some of you mature. So I don't want to hear any b!tching when he comes back doing the same old crap, because a lot of you are just egging him on by continuing to post about him and call him out.

This effing thread just needs to get back on topic. I'm pure sick of reading through the forums and seeing nothing but the shadow/rollo sideshow. Let's talk about graphics, let's talk about architectures and leave all this other kindergarten BS out in the rain.

kthxbai.

Sazar
03-13-10, 02:28 PM
Not according to NVIDIA's legal department, who wrote the signature displayed on all of my posts, everywhere. There's no doubt that I am loosely affiliated with NVIDIA, and receive free products from them. :)

Right, right, right :)

But hey, don't let me stop you from your day job.

http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0904/trolling-trolling-troll-internet-likes-to-fight-fail-jerk-pu-demotivational-poster-1239308887.jpg

Rollo
03-13-10, 03:27 PM
Right, right, right :)

But hey, don't let me stop you from your day job.

Thanks Sazar! Rest assured I've given your opinions exactly as much consideration as I usually do! :)

shadow001
03-13-10, 04:12 PM
Guys, you should just let it go and hush. Shadow had shut up, but every time you goad him he's going to come back out of the woodwork because of all your bantering. A man has a right to defend himself.

It'll be an eternal circle unless some of you mature. So I don't want to hear any b!tching when he comes back doing the same old crap, because a lot of you are just egging him on by continuing to post about him and call him out.

This effing thread just needs to get back on topic. I'm pure sick of reading through the forums and seeing nothing but the shadow/rollo sideshow. Let's talk about graphics, let's talk about architectures and leave all this other kindergarten BS out in the rain.

kthxbai.

Bingo,and Rollo has run out of any sort of argument that's even related to this thread,so he's using the only option he has left....Sad,but there you have it,and given his replies to this thread,it's no wonder he's gotten banned from other forums in the past.

He's an asshole basically,and states that he's loosely related to Nvidia...Heh,that's the award for the understament of the year right there,and i'm putting it nicely here...;)