PDA

View Full Version : NVIDIA GF100 Previews

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52

Rollo
03-14-10, 10:03 AM
These kind of discussions are happening on many forums lately :/

It'll be good that nvidia is back in the game soon :cool:

Personally, I'd rather not have them. When I saw the volume of FUD Shadow001 posts, it bore some additional sleuthing.

scubes
03-14-10, 10:17 AM
im just sitting on the fence and enjoying this now with some popcorn no point saying anything anymore. cos it just seems to fuel it more...

shadow001
03-14-10, 12:45 PM
First of all YES YOU DO Rollo might go about what he is saying in the complete wrong manner. But i'm seriously starting to think he is right. If you are that much into ATI. Why don't you go and play with the kiddies over at Rage3D. They also have nothing better to do than try and discredit Nvidia.

If you want to to put it bluntly,Rollo has no objectivity at all with regards to this issue period,so it's not about him saying his stuff in the wrong manner at all,as everyone has the right to their own opinion here,but when it's this obvious that even Nvidia itself admitted they're late with their product,right here:

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3651

Then timing is just as valid, because while Fermi currently exists on paper, it's not a product yet. Fermi is late. Clock speeds, configurations and price points have yet to be finalized. NVIDIA just recently got working chips back and it's going to be at least two months before I see the first samples. Widespread availability won't be until at least Q1 2010.

I asked two people at NVIDIA why Fermi is late; NVIDIA's VP of Product Marketing, Ujesh Desai and NVIDIA's VP of GPU Engineering, Jonah Alben. Ujesh responded: because designing GPUs this big is "****ing hard".

That was in september 30th,when Nvidia did the GP-GPU presentation,so if anything,i think that the near 6 months that have passed since,makes it one of the longest product introductions in history,and the only other one that was talked about even longer,and eventually cancelled because performance wasn't where it sould be,was Intel's larrabee.

So this isn't about discrediting anyone in the least,as Nvidia have released plenty of top performing hardware over the years,and i'll happily admit that they've held on to the performance lead for much longer periods of time than ATI has if you view the last 10+ year period,but in this business,you can't rest on past acheivements.

With fermi in particular,it's simply that what they've shown us so far is a lot of hot air,technical papers and nice tech demos,with the odd pictures of the cards at both CES and Cebit,and there's the unnoficial rumors floating about,so it really is time to put up or shut up for good....Is that simple enough to understand?,judging by your reply,i guess not,and there's plenty of people who already got fed up of waiting for Fermi,and yes they bought ATI cards,even MikeC,the owner of this very site.

What does that tell you?

shadow001
03-14-10, 12:51 PM
Just post your damned reciepts and he'll shut the **** up about it all.

I have a feeling that even if i did that to prove that i really did buy them,from the very time he asked for them,he'd come up with another suspicious theory of his own,as you can see by the replies he's made since yesterday.

He's paranoid/delusional basically,even to the point of trying to check which other forums i post on?...Rollo,get a life,seriously.

nekrosoft13
03-14-10, 12:59 PM
First of all i don't crap on threads,as

SHUT UP ALREADY

shadow001
03-14-10, 01:05 PM
On the off chance he's just doing this because he's nuts, he's still not the kind of person you'd want on the NVIDIA fan site. It's one thing to have preferences and debate them, it's another entirely to make it a full time job trying to damage NVIDIA's business.

Having preferances and debate them?....Are you for real here?

You Nvidia tattoed on your forehead and that's the end of the preferances and debate for you...it doesn't matter what they release,or when,or if the competition released theirs much earlier and still have the fastest card on the market,or that their whole DX11 lineup is out now.....None of that even registers in your brain,period.

P.S. I had some good laughs reading his love letters about the upcoming HD2900XTX "monster" and how it would destroy the 8800GTX by far and away. LOL

And i stand by it,and it wasn't because of it's performance...I took a wait and see aproach for the R600,much the same as you are waiting for your saviour card right now,and it turned out a dissapointment relative to the time we waited...My interest in it was mostly's Nvidia's fault since i had bought a 7950GX2 the year before(Cost me 750$ at the time),and 4 months later,had no driver support for Win XP 64 for 8 months after that point,once the 8800GTX was released.

And before anyone says "fail you had 64bit" ,keep in mind that since that point,ATI has released regular WHQL drivers(12 a year),for all the O/S versions on the market,including 64 bit variants.

And before that,i also had:

1:7800GT's in SLI
2:Geforce 4 TI 4400.
3:Original Geforce 3.
4:Geforce 2 GTS 64MB.
5:Geforce 1 DDR(not the earlier SDR model).

Rollo
03-14-10, 01:12 PM
I can't stop posting negative things about NVIDIA, my masters Charlie and ATi told me to keep plugging away here. If there's a chance I can convince even one person to buy a 5870 instead of waiting the 12 days until Fermi based products launch, Ive got to do it.

Dave Baumann, the one true God, has told me he will show me favor if I post some extra special FUD in the last few weeks before Fermi launches. I wonder what it will be? Do I dare to dream it? Will he take me to McDonalds near the Holy Markham Ontario HQ for the signature Spamapple Pie(tm) they only serve their bravest lackeys?!? <squeeellllL>

Dave and Charlie said I shouldn't listen to naysayers- they say I'm fighting for a noble cause against a vile enemy. I hope they're right, they seem so smart and strong. Someday they'll make me one of them, and ATi will buy me an efficiency apartment with a FIOS connection like they did Charlie! Think how many sites I'll be able to spam then! I'll have a 100 different names!

Hmmm. You go girl, you're getting more interesting than that BS bleating "Waaaahh the card is laaateee!" simpering. Maybe AMD will gift you one of their Phenoms next!

Iruwen
03-14-10, 01:17 PM
And before anyone says "fail you had 64bit" ,keep in mind that since that point,ATI has released regular WHQL drivers(12 a year),for all the O/S versions on the market,including 64 bit variants.

This comment was strictly limited to 64 Bit Windows XP since its limitations and poor driver support have been well known and officially confirmed.

The initial target audience for Windows XP Professional x64 Edition is anyone who is running into performance and memory limits on their 32-bit systems, for example, developers, media artists, CAD/CAM, scientific workstations and enthusiasts who are running the most demanding applications, and who require the capabilities of the Professional Edition of Windows XP. Windows XP Home Edition is targeted at the home user and has fewer features. At this point, especially with the current limited driver support, Windows XP Professional x64 Edition is not targeted at the casual home user.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/64bit/russel_x64faq.mspx

shadow001
03-14-10, 01:18 PM
Hmmm. You go girl, you're getting more interesting than that BS bleating "Waaaahh the card is laaateee!" simpering. Maybe AMD will gift you one of their Phenoms next!

You really are a 12yrs old aren't you?

I've got an intel i7 920 as i showed in that 3D mark score a little earlier,and next up is a gulftown....You know,the score where the cards aren't even overclocked,and even a quad GTX295 can't even come close to touching that using the same CPU speed?

But i'm sure you'll ignore even that blindingly obvious bit,like the brainwashed Nvidia drone you are...

CaptNKILL
03-14-10, 01:19 PM
Will both of you just give it a rest already?

There hasn't been any new info to discuss in like 2 weeks. That means you've just been bickering about absolutely nothing all this time.

Go find something to do.

Iruwen
03-14-10, 01:24 PM
ATI better had focused on Linux driver support instead of an almost irrelevant OS :cool:

CaptNKILL
03-14-10, 01:29 PM
Hmm... posts seem to be disappearing.

Take the hint guys.

Take it to PMs or start your own "NVIDIA vs. ATI Pointless Bickering Thread".

shadow001
03-14-10, 01:31 PM
ATI better had focused on Linux driver support instead of an almost irrelevant OS :cool:

Linux and gaming are only possible under OpenGL,or using an emulator,since pretty much every developer is using Direct X these days,meaning using a Windows O/S.

shadow001
03-14-10, 01:32 PM

Take the hint guys.

I see that,and will abide by that.

CaptNKILL
03-14-10, 01:35 PM
Poof, gone.

Rollo
03-14-10, 01:37 PM

Take the hint guys.

I see that, so I'll respect the boards wishes and give it a rest. :cool:

CaptNKILL
03-14-10, 01:38 PM
Thank you.

shadow001
03-14-10, 01:38 PM
Fine,do you have the other pair of 30" displays and the driver support for it right now?,and are also enjoying 3D vision?,when 30" LCD's don't support 120hz refresh?....And how's the performance overall?

Show some benchmarks now,i'm curious?.

Edit:it's gone.

Rollo
03-14-10, 01:40 PM

XP 64 was kind of the redheaded step child of OSs. I use Vista 64 Ultimate and Windows 7 64 Ultimate on all my machines now.

Rollo
03-14-10, 01:43 PM
Thank you.

No problem, I'm a reasonable paladin.

Sazar
03-14-10, 07:10 PM
Will both of you just give it a rest already?

There hasn't been any new info to discuss in like 2 weeks. That means you've just been bickering about absolutely nothing all this time.

Go find something to do.

This thread should probably be renamed "GF100 speculation" and relegated to the cellars as new information comes out.

A new thread would help get rid of the generous amounts of garbage in this thread.

I mean some of us are genuinely looking for information on the new cards to make an informed decision about our next purchase :)

CaptNKILL
03-14-10, 07:28 PM
This thread should probably be renamed "GF100 speculation" and relegated to the cellars as new information comes out.

A new thread would help get rid of the generous amounts of garbage in this thread.

I mean some of us are genuinely looking for information on the new cards to make an informed decision about our next purchase :)

Agreed.

When some new information is released we'll sticky a new thread.

Xion X2
03-14-10, 09:11 PM
Agreed.

When some new information is released we'll sticky a new thread.

But.. this one's been so useful...

:lol:

CaptNKILL
03-14-10, 10:06 PM
*waits for another link to a non-English site stating that the clock speed and power consumption are currently unknown so they are going to post their best guess*

shadow001
03-14-10, 11:06 PM
*waits for another link to a non-English site stating that the clock speed and power consumption are currently unknown so they are going to post their best guess*

Despite all the bickering,it was entertaining at least...:D

11 more days till all the secrets are finally revealed.