PDA

View Full Version : 5870/5970 vs. GF100 (Fermi)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11

Wolken007
01-26-10, 10:30 PM
Bet your E-Penis got hard didn't it. Its an unoffical review. The name of the site isn't ATINEWS DUMB ASS. I still have yet to see MikeC say hes using an ATI card. This forum is fine for ATI, but jesus stop saying ATI is a superior card to nvidia, because that simply isn't true.

nvidias new card isn't out yet, and people are already saying that ATI's cards are more superior. Just simply isn't true.

You are correct -- the name of the site is nvnews. That means covering nvidia when they are on top, and when they are not. Right now, ATI's current cards beat Nvidia's. Plain and simple. There are benchmarks all over the place that show it. As previous posters have said -- that doesn't mean that Fermi will not be an awesome card. As of now, nobody has any exact numbers on the Fermi benchmarks so any claims about performance are just speculation. Try not to take it so personally.

kaptkarl
01-26-10, 10:35 PM
Maybe you should look at this thread, dumbass:

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=139580

+1 :clap:

gulizard
01-26-10, 10:40 PM
You are correct -- the name of the site is nvnews. That means covering nvidia when they are on top, and when they are not. Right now, ATI's current cards beat Nvidia's. Plain and simple. There are benchmarks all over the place that show it. As previous posters have said -- that doesn't mean that Fermi will not be an awesome card. As of now, nobody has any exact numbers on the Fermi benchmarks so any claims about performance are just speculation. Try not to take it so personally.

ATI's new card beats nvidias old card okay? So what? I ain't taking it personally. I dislike being called a dumb ass by some nerd who thinks hes just posted the second coming of Christ... XionX2 was talking about ATI cards. I didn't insult him, because he never sit here and said that nvidia was a bad card. He never came up and said "Hey ATI is a better card PERIOD". Fermi will be better to compare to ATI's cards.

CaptNKILL
01-26-10, 10:40 PM
:rofl

What the hell is going on in here guys? Quit fighting.

gulizard
01-26-10, 10:42 PM
:rofl

What the hell is going on in here guys? Quit fighting.

Sorry :D.

kaptkarl
01-26-10, 10:47 PM
FACT: NVIDIA has a nicer website. The name is much more known then ATI. the 9700 pro? It was JUNK. I had a 9800XT I believe was the edition, and it was suppose to be better then a 5900 Ultra, well I couldn't say that because every game I played was plagued by an issue that pertained to ATI cards. As many issues as the 5900 had, it was a great CARD for me. Many people here would argue that ATI is better. It certainly does not have more features. Physic are beginning to take over games today, why because nvidia has been developing software to make them run on their cards. I think I want my card to benefit from Physics. How many more games do you think are going to avoid that aspect here? What about Adobe? Its enhanced for nvidia cards. These big names keep popping up.

I will always agree competition is good, but I like nvidia for the nice features it has, the name is cool. That logo is very pretty. I know that sounds retarded, but theres a study that shows a logo is a big thing in advertisement. Nvidia wins on that aspect. More people bought laptops because it had nvidia graphics in them. NVIDIA is a superior card to ATI, and its crappy drivers. I go and look at reviews on neweggs, and a majority that are reviewing even the new 5900 ati card's say the drivers are not very user friendly, and aren't very well polished.

oooooooooooo.......news flash.......Nvidia has a "nicer " website....hahahahahahahaha. Now that's the funniest damn thing I've heard in awhile!! .......... a damn good reason to buy a video card, isn't it fellas???

Don't know what you're smokin' dude, but you need to share!! :smoking: The 9700/9800 pro blew the doors off the 5900 w/ it's blowdryer cooling fan! hahahaha! WOW! You've totally lost it!:rofl

Kapt

Ninja Prime
01-26-10, 10:58 PM
I have yet to see MikeC say hes using an ATI card.

Mike C doesn't have an ATI card...

Originally posted by MikeC: Wanted to let folks know that I ordered an ASUS EAH5870 from Newegg a couple of days ago for $379

K.

Wolken007
01-26-10, 11:18 PM
ATI's new card beats nvidias old card okay? So what? I ain't taking it personally. I dislike being called a dumb ass by some nerd who thinks hes just posted the second coming of Christ... XionX2 was talking about ATI cards. I didn't insult him, because he never sit here and said that nvidia was a bad card. He never came up and said "Hey ATI is a better card PERIOD". Fermi will be better to compare to ATI's cards.

If you look at most people's posts, hardly anyone is saying that nvidia cards are bad. Infact, I believe you'll find that most people here are fans of nvidia products. Almost everyone here is hoping for great things from Fermi. The name calling seems to have come about because you claim that "MikeC doesn't own an ATI card" when he started a thread on the very subject of purchasing an ATI 5870 card for himself.

I can understand some of the frustration coming about when ATI launches a card in September of 2009 and it takes nvidia 6-7 months to answer. By your standards, when Fermi finally launches, the 5000 series will be ATI's "old cards." You say that you are mad because people are comparing ATI's 5000 series to Nvidia's old cards -- but what choice do they have? The facts are that, right now, ATI has the fastest GPUs available on the market. Don't misread that statement as "ATI's 5000 series will be faster than Fermi." Nvidia cards have been on top for quite a while. Don't get upset over the fact that, for the time being, the performance crown doesn't belong to them.

gulizard
01-26-10, 11:26 PM
oooooooooooo.......news flash.......Nvidia has a "nicer " website....hahahahahahahaha. Now that's the funniest damn thing I've heard in awhile!! .......... a damn good reason to buy a video card, isn't it fellas???

Don't know what you're smokin' dude, but you need to share!! :smoking: The 9700/9800 pro blew the doors off the 5900 w/ it's blowdryer cooling fan! hahahaha! WOW! You've totally lost it!:rofl

Kapt

I haven't been to ati's site in a bit. It is a nicer site. May not be a 100% reason to buy an nvidia card, but it does add a point for me. I remember owning Asus products, and having to navigate through their crappy site, and not to mention how horrible the Korean Download servers were.. I suppose its who you are. I like nvidia. I am going to buy their cards, and EVGA is also another reason I will continue to buy nvidia cards. This is a win win for me. If nvidia loses the battle this time, I will still be buying a Fermi graphics card in the near future.

My 5900 was awesome. It ran Matrix Online smooth as butter. My crappy 9800 couldn't do that. It would lag, and I'd have memory errors, and texture corruption. I took that 9800 back three times and exchanged for one of the same at Computers Plus. I got the same results each time. The card was just well, simply a crappy card. I went from the 5900 to the 6800 GT. I will never buy an ATI card again.

ATI Card's are junk. I don't care how long it took nvidia. My 260 card is running awesome. It runs everything I can play at a nice frame rate. I don't run fraps full time to see the FPS I am getting, but if I can aim and shoot without noticing the low FPS, then its got to be high enough for me to not care. Like I said nvidia to me is the better card, for the features. Thats my opinion. Now if you want to go buy an ATI card, then go do it. Nvidia will be the last one standing, mark my words. I'd hate to see that happen, but this war will eventually come to an end, and nvidia will be here making cards.

gulizard
01-26-10, 11:29 PM
K.

In that POST. He clearly states he reinstalls the card to play Guild Wars and test the performance. Meaning he wasn't using it full time. He bought it for review purposes.

Fotis
01-27-10, 01:17 AM
Nvidia will be the last one standing, mark my words. I'd hate to see that happen, but this war will eventually come to an end, and nvidia will be here making cards.

Why does it have to be a deathmatch between them?The industry and the consumers need both if not more players in the GPU game and ATI has been in the game a lot longer than Nvidia actually.I was sad to see Larambee blow up in Intels face cause I was looking forward to a third contender! :D

Back to GF100 vs 5870/5970!According to Kombatant(ex ATI employee) over at Rage3d ATI with launch 5890/5990 cards in April and that they will be more than clock speed bumps.Razor1 also mentioned over at Beyond3d that there were no 512core GF100s at CES!So it seems that the fight might be a bit more interesting!!(duel)

scubes
01-27-10, 02:57 AM
pop corn time again and enjoy the show...

CaptNKILL
01-27-10, 04:02 AM
pop corn time again and enjoy the show...

Here you go bud, have some of mine.

(popcorn)

Ninja Prime
01-27-10, 06:29 AM
In that POST. He clearly states he reinstalls the card to play Guild Wars and test the performance. Meaning he wasn't using it full time. He bought it for review purposes.

You know, hes on these boards, why don't you just ask him?

gulizard
01-27-10, 02:03 PM
You know, hes on these boards, why don't you just ask him?

Why ask him? He isn't using a an ATI card. He bought it for review purposes.

Ninja Prime
01-27-10, 02:32 PM
Why ask him? He isn't using a an ATI card. He bought it for review purposes.

LOL, ok dumbass.

gulizard
01-27-10, 02:44 PM
LOL, ok dumbass.

Coming from a guy that has the name "Ninja Prime", and a nerdy anime picture as your avatar. Calling me a dumb ass sounds nice don't it? However its not very clever. As this "dumb ass" makes more then you could ever dream of making. You are probably a 20 year old virgin that has yet to do anything other then sit at your computer and respond to pointless post.

MikeC is not using a ATI card as his primary system. If he is then he has yet to mention it. Even in the post you sent me.

Johnny C
01-27-10, 05:18 PM
Here you go bud, have some of mine.

(popcorn)

This thread has been.....................

Derailed

Where's the AGP "DOMINANCE" guy....

Ninja Prime
01-27-10, 05:43 PM
Coming from a guy that has the name "Ninja Prime", and a nerdy anime picture as your avatar. Calling me a dumb ass sounds nice don't it? However its not very clever. As this "dumb ass" makes more then you could ever dream of making. You are probably a 20 year old virgin that has yet to do anything other then sit at your computer and respond to pointless post.

MikeC is not using a ATI card as his primary system. If he is then he has yet to mention it. Even in the post you sent me.

Coming from the point of view from a fanboy named gulizard with a pic of tupac as his avatar and a title that says "powerstroke diesel" and makes sure to tell people even though he says hes in Evansville, Indiana, hes actually from Detroit, keepin' it real, no doubt, I'd feel pretty secure with myself if I were a 20 year old virgin. :captnkill:

Edit: I just noticed the "dual stacks" and all the crap on your truck, LOL. Compensating for that little dick ehh? GJ. Only a moron puts stacks on a truck.

gulizard
01-27-10, 11:02 PM
Coming from the point of view from a fanboy named gulizard with a pic of tupac as his avatar and a title that says "powerstroke diesel" and makes sure to tell people even though he says hes in Evansville, Indiana, hes actually from Detroit, keepin' it real, no doubt, I'd feel pretty secure with myself if I were a 20 year old virgin. :captnkill:

Edit: I just noticed the "dual stacks" and all the crap on your truck, LOL. Compensating for that little dick ehh? GJ. Only a moron puts stacks on a truck.

I do have dual stacks. I am fine with my penis size. I could make plenty of jokes, but you've already made those for me. You've just insulted me with the most common, easy of all come backs.

I am from Detroit, I grew up in the good part though. So I am not no gangster or thug. My daddy worked for GM, and then for Ford. I am far from a fan boy. I just don't buy garbage cards that have crappy drivers. If there were a third card that produced as good of a frame rate as nvidia then I'd probably buy them and give them a shot. Where I work I get to drive any piece of equipment I want. I wonder why I might get to do this? Maybe thats because I am co-owner of the company.

I tell ya one thing... making a joke about me having a small penis, is really just funny. If I respond to it, well then I'd just be an idiot. How about a picture LOL? I am that kind of guy. Seriously... I'd be more then glad to send ya pictures... If you want to pay the postage, or whatever I'll take some pictures with your name wrote on my penis, you can pretend I am gay if you want.

I will point out you've given no information about your age, or anything in your profile. You sure are a confident person though aren't you. I bet you haven't even got a picture up of yourself, at least a real picture.

Lets hear your next tired come back. I probably won't give you the satisfaction of responding to it however, so make it good. If I even read it, which I will probably not do that since I am again the type of person who could give a **** less about you are what you post on some forum.

Again stacks on a diesel truck gain performance, and also don't black smoke people when you take off. Very common on a Ford F450.

Have a nice day, idiot.

Muppet
01-28-10, 12:13 AM
This thread has been.....................

Derailed

Where's the AGP "DOMINANCE" guy....

Yes, I think some ATI peole like to come in here and derail as many threads as they can. Shame really as NV News is a great site with great friendly mods. :)

gulizard
01-28-10, 12:28 AM
Yes, I think some ATI peole like to come in here and derail as many threads as they can. Shame really as NV News is a great site with great friendly mods. :)

Thats what I was getting at. This is a nvidia site to. People shouldn't be on here posting how grand ATI is, and how nvidia sucks. Post the ****ty benchmarks, make an opinionated comment, and go from there. Insulting people, and calling people names is just childish.

Xion X2
01-28-10, 01:16 AM
I just don't buy garbage cards that have crappy drivers.

Wrong on both counts.

Wonderful thread this turned into...

methimpikehoses
01-28-10, 01:43 AM
http://tindeck.com/image/lrzs/stats.png (http://tindeck.com/listen/lrzs)

gulizard
01-28-10, 02:04 AM
Wrong on both counts.

Wonderful thread this turned into...

How is that wrong? I can go to newegg and find a dozen people that have quoted the drivers being awful, some of them being first time owners of ATI's to people who have had ATI Cards in the past and switched back?

When I had ATI the drivers were junky. When one nearly burns your house down, you would be concerned. I happen to see and smell smoke. I never expected my PC to run again, because I thought it was my CPU, and it was my graphics card, and there was a flame directly on the back of it, and it was so hot it was clear! I have children. ATI support never could explain to me how a card that doesn't even get hot enough to require a GPU Fan on top of the core, could possibly catch fire. I took pictures of it. In fact I may even still have them on my old camera. I returned it to bestbuy.