PDA

View Full Version : First RMA experience

Pages : [1] 2

bob saget
01-18-10, 08:30 PM
So I am going to embark on my first RMA adventure soon with Gigabyte.
This is the Gigabyte RMA page: http://rma.gigabyte-usa.com/DirectRMA/EndUser_Main.asp
Couple of things I have questions about: How do you package the motherboard? They talk of a double box.
# Package contents securely to prevent possible shipping damages. Double boxing is required. GIGABYTE is not responsible for shipping damage.
Any other recommendations?

Rummy
01-18-10, 08:48 PM
Put the board in the anti-static bag it came in and put it in a box. Then put that box in another box and pack it with bubble warp and peanuts. Should be good to go.

bob saget
01-18-10, 09:00 PM
so
motherboard -> bag -> original box -> new box -> peanuts/bubble wrap -> box

like that?

methimpikehoses
01-18-10, 09:13 PM
Then encase the entire thing in carbonite. You don't want it harmed.

Sazar
01-18-10, 09:25 PM
so
motherboard -> bag -> original box -> new box -> peanuts/bubble wrap -> box

like that?

Pretty much.

I usually buy insurance for items, if not included by default :)

Good luck.

bob saget
01-18-10, 09:27 PM
Then encase the entire thing in carbonite. You don't want it harmed.

:rofl :rofl

EDIT: thanks saz

nV`andrew
01-18-10, 09:51 PM
I don't think you need 3 boxes. The original box plus a box to ship it in is enough.

Oh and unless you are close to one of their RMA departments (the one for the US is 30 minutes from me but my RMA still took over 2 weeks i think) don't get your hopes up for a speedy process :o

bob saget
01-18-10, 10:05 PM
They mention "double box". I'd like to spend as little as possible as well.

methimpikehoses
01-18-10, 10:11 PM
Original mobo box + peanuts + shipping box.

betterdan
01-19-10, 04:27 AM
If you are really worried about it getting damaged in shipment skip the peanuts and use cashews. Sure they cost a little more but they are so delicious.

wysiwyg
01-19-10, 06:18 AM
make sure to put the socket protector back on too

bob saget
01-19-10, 01:28 PM
make sure to put the socket protector back on too

thanks yea i have that.

bob saget
01-19-10, 01:31 PM
If you are really worried about it getting damaged in shipment skip the peanuts and use cashews. Sure they cost a little more but they are so delicious.

i love cashews, but they are the most fatty as well. Eat whole almonds, they taste like bark :lol:

Drolfrawd
01-19-10, 01:36 PM
So I am going to embark on my first RMA adventure soon with Gigabyte.
This is the Gigabyte RMA page: http://rma.gigabyte-usa.com/DirectRMA/EndUser_Main.asp
Couple of things I have questions about: How do you package the motherboard? They talk of a double box.

Any other recommendations?

Is this like a sexual thing........as for recommendations, I would council using Protection.
:D

bob saget
01-19-10, 01:43 PM
Is this like a sexual thing........

You obviously have not dealt with Gigabyte Tech Support. They do anything to retain brand loyalty. Anything :naughty:

DiscipleDOC
01-19-10, 01:49 PM
You obviously have not dealt with Gigabyte Tech Support. They do anything to retain brand loyalty. Anything :naughty:

Will they take my sister in law to S. Carolina for me so I won't be in a vehicle with her and her 2 kids for 9 hours?

If so, I will buy a gig board RIGHT now.

bob saget
01-19-10, 01:51 PM
Ouch. 9 Hours? lol.

DiscipleDOC
01-19-10, 01:55 PM
Ouch. 9 Hours? lol.

The worst part is that she has two 6 month old twins. And they cry. A LOT.:thumbdwn:

bob saget
01-19-10, 02:46 PM
The worst part is that she has two 6 month old twins. And they cry. A LOT.:thumbdwn:

awww :wonder: Kids that age tend to do that :p
Soothing sounds help a lot....classical music.

Drolfrawd
01-19-10, 02:52 PM
awww :wonder: Kids that age tend to do that :p
Soothing sounds help a lot....classical music.

Take Mel Franks along for the trip...... Mel is guaranteed to sooth the little ones. :D

methimpikehoses
01-19-10, 02:52 PM
DDuct tape

/thread

Drolfrawd
01-19-10, 03:07 PM
^:rofl

bob saget
01-20-10, 01:02 AM
The issue only comes up when I overclock or stress CPU to 100%, and I never stress it to 100 under normal uses.
Any ideas if the longer I wait have anything to do with how they will look at my issue as in replace or give me a new board?
They don't even sell UD4Ps anymore. I am just wondering if it is worth it......:|

methimpikehoses
01-20-10, 01:13 AM
Did you make a thread about your issue here or on the gigabyte forums?

<SR>

bob saget
01-20-10, 01:27 AM
I had a very long discussion with the main dude at the gigabyte forums, and he told me to RMA it ASAP, not to take any chances, just do it. And that was in September.
The idiots at Gigabyte tech support are of no help at all. none.
I am getting no stability issues or anything like that. Computer runs at rock solid stability with the daily tasks and all games I have tried, even stressing ones like crysis and STALKER.
I really need to get my ass outside and actually check how much it will cost me to send this thing in.