Pages : [1] 2

xavier2k5
01-19-10, 03:58 AM
WIN7_VISTA32bit Homepage
http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7_winvista_32bit_196.21_whql.html

WIN7_VISTA64bit Homepage
http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7_winvista_64bit_196.21_whql.html

32bit Direct Link
http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/196.21/196.21_desktop_win7_winvista_32bit_english_whql.ex e

64bit Direct Link
http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/196.21/196.21_desktop_win7_winvista_64bit_english_whql.ex e

Release Notes Direct Link
http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/196.21/196.21_Win7_WinVista_Desktop_Release_Notes.pdf

Release Highlights

This is a WHQL-certified driver for GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, 100, and 200-series desktop GPUs and ION desktop GPUs.

New in Version 196.21

Adds SLI and multi-GPU support for many top new gaming titles including Avatar Demo, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, City Bus Simulator, Dirt 2, Ferrari Virtual Race, GREED: Black Border, Mass Effect 2, Mortal Online, Ninja Blade, Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising Demo, Planet 51, RUSE, Serious Sam HD, and Wings of Prey.
Upgrades PhysX System Software to version 9.09.1112.
Includes numerous bug fixes. Refer to the release notes on the documentation tab for information about the key bug fixes in this release.
Users without US English operating systems can select their language and download the International driver here.
Existing Support:

Supports GPU-acceleration for smoother online HD videos with the new Adobe Flash 10.1 beta. Learn more here.
Supports OpenCL 1.0 (Open Computing Language) for all GeForce 8-series and later GPUs.
Supports OpenGL 3.2 for GeForce 8-series and later GPUs.
Supports CUDA Toolkit 3.0 features and performance enhancements. See CUDA Zone for more details.
Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology* on DirectX 9 and OpenGL.
Supports NVIDIA PhysX acceleration on a dedicated GeForce graphics card. Use one card for graphics and dedicate a different card for PhysX processing for game-changing physical effects. This driver installs PhysX System Software version 9.09.1112. Learn more here.
Download these FREE PhysX and CUDA applications now!
Supports GPU overclocking and temperature monitoring by installing NVIDIA System Tools software.
*Note: The following SLI features are only supported on Windows Vista and Windows 7: Quad SLI technology using GeForce 9800 GX2 or GeForce GTX 295, 3-way SLI technology, Hybrid SLI, and SLI multi-monitor support.

VoodooKing
01-19-10, 08:31 AM
WOOT! These drivers fixed FO3 stuttering, CO stuttering and STO stuttering. Wonderful!

Yaboze
01-19-10, 08:42 AM
Nice! Grabbing these now.

"City Bus Simulator". :|

|MaguS|
01-19-10, 10:57 AM
WOOT! These drivers fixed FO3 stuttering, CO stuttering and STO stuttering. Wonderful!

Seriously? you better not be ****ing with me... i will hunt you down.

Revs
01-19-10, 11:03 AM
Oh that's good news. Cheers for pointing that out, old chum :).

Fixe :bleh:

methimpikehoses
01-19-10, 11:04 AM
Yep, FO3 is fixed.

I played for 10 minutes and beat it... I had no idea I was at the very end. Been waiting for no stutter for months. :lol:

|MaguS|
01-19-10, 11:24 AM
BTW Anyone notice that Nvidia added an AA Comp Option for The Saboteur? It kinda works but performance drops significantly and their are graphic bugs caused by it.

Scaramonga
01-19-10, 01:48 PM
Anyone that depends on EVGA Precision will find they cant clock their cards after installing these drivers, EVGA and Nvidia are aware of the issue.

:)

XDanger
01-19-10, 01:52 PM
Anyone that depends on EVGA Precision will find they cant clock their cards after installing these drivers, EVGA and Nvidia are aware of the issue.

:)

Rivatuner isnt doing me any favors with these either,

You have to do emulate?

nekrosoft13
01-19-10, 02:01 PM
Rivatuner isnt doing me any favors with these either,

You have to do emulate?

thats becuse both tools are written by the same person

XDanger
01-19-10, 02:16 PM
thats becuse both tools are written by the same person

Yes Yes, But theres a little more control with Rivatuner.

Does ForceDriverVersion work?

whats the 4 char number thing for a previous working driver?

wollyka
01-19-10, 04:01 PM
i am using 18585 for forcedriver version and it is working on the older 191.xx sets.. it should work here..

BelligerentBill
01-19-10, 05:28 PM
Forcing the driver version doesn't work :(

AdamK47
01-19-10, 07:28 PM
It doesn't work with Precision 1.9?

BelligerentBill
01-19-10, 08:00 PM
Nope. There is currently no application that can overclock with these drivers (PowerStrip might work though).

JasonPC
01-19-10, 10:00 PM
I hope this is a fluke but I got an nvidia driver crash when watching a Blu-ray :headexplode: never ever ever has happened to me with any previous driver.

-=DVS=-
01-19-10, 11:07 PM
These are awesome for DIR2 they doubled my frames literally , SLI finally works :captnkill:

shilk
01-19-10, 11:26 PM

Too many acronyms! :headexplode:
I know what Fallout 3 is, but what's CO and STO?

Tried these on my 9600GT SLI setup, and Dragon Age seems smoother. Getting a ton of hiccups with Mirror's Edge, though. I'll keep them for now as my GTX 260 should be here in a few days. :D

Yaboze
01-19-10, 11:34 PM
I think Champions Online and Star Trek Online (MMO's).

These are working fine for me so far, keepers.

methimpikehoses
01-19-10, 11:37 PM
Yep, FO3 is fixed.

I played for 10 minutes and beat it... I had no idea I was at the very end. Been waiting for no stutter for months. :lol:

Sorry, need to amend this. Didn't play enough to notice there are still some stuttering issues outside, at least with the HD textures mod. Not nearly as bad as before, but still there.

nekrosoft13
01-20-10, 02:00 AM
yap, FO3 still stutters, more then with previous driver

ZoLoco
01-20-10, 07:33 AM
BTW Anyone notice that Nvidia added an AA Comp Option for The Saboteur? It kinda works but performance drops significantly and their are graphic bugs caused by it.

Yes, now The Saboteur is ruined. Cant play it anymore, low FPS. Cloudy shadow cricles bugs in Nazi controlled area. Was perfect in earlier driver release.

Thought new drivers should be stepping up performance....

Arghh... :(

Any fix to this out there?

|MaguS|
01-20-10, 08:39 AM
Sorry, need to amend this. Didn't play enough to notice there are still some stuttering issues outside, at least with the HD textures mod. Not nearly as bad as before, but still there.

Yeah I noticed it stuttering a **** ton wandering in the wasteland. Indoors theres no issue though...

vgame64
01-20-10, 08:56 AM
I can't overclock with nVidia's control panel tool with these drivers and I can't choose anything higher than low Physx in Dark Void.

Flickering issue upon restart (285 sli with 9600gso physx) resolved with 196.21.

nekrosoft13
01-20-10, 09:45 AM
Yes, now The Saboteur is ruined. Cant play it anymore, low FPS. Cloudy shadow cricles bugs in Nazi controlled area. Was perfect in earlier driver release.

Thought new drivers should be stepping up performance....

Arghh... :(

Any fix to this out there?

remove the AA compability bit