PDA

View Full Version : Fight for the Lost

Tuork
01-21-10, 09:13 AM
Mass effect 2.... 5 days.

'nuff said.

I'm driving myself crazy counting down :D

Who's going to grab this on release day?
Also, any ME1 fans here?

|MaguS|
01-21-10, 09:18 AM
Already preordered on steam.

Tuork
01-21-10, 09:50 AM
I lack a gaming rig, so X360 for me, thanks.

I just hope the prices here aren't too insane once it comes out.
Stupid country...

Tuork
01-21-10, 06:36 PM
Ok... this is... just... awesome.

I almost came a little from the sheer amount of awesomeness of this trailer:

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14235013/mass-effect-2/videos/me2_trl_launchtrailer_12010.html

I **** you not... I'm like a giddy little kid when it comes to Mass Effect.

Fuku2
01-21-10, 08:51 PM
Where I live Futureshop lists the game as already at the store. Haven't actually been there to see it though.

Tuork
01-26-10, 07:56 AM
GUESS WHAT DAY IT IS TODAY!!!!!

Ohhhh hell yeah. :D

NarcissistZero
01-26-10, 09:48 AM
Not to sound like a PC fanboy but I hope ME2 is a lot better on console for you than the original was. That was a super crap technical abortion.

|MaguS|
01-26-10, 09:57 AM
Not to sound like a PC fanboy but I hope ME2 is a lot better on console for you than the original was. That was a super crap technical abortion.

It only had bad texture loading, disc read errors and crashes... everything else was good. :o

ViN86
01-26-10, 10:19 AM
Am I the only one who has never played, nor has any interest in playing, any games from this series? :o

|MaguS|
01-26-10, 10:20 AM
Am I the only one who has never played, nor has any interest in playing, any games from this series? :o

Yes but you are excused, we know that you take after Mr Hunt who has no taste in games.

ViN86
01-26-10, 10:26 AM
Yes but you are excused, we know that you take after Mr Hunt who has no taste in games.

LOL but Mr. Hunt is a fan of the ME series (I think).

|MaguS|
01-26-10, 10:26 AM
He pretends to like it. :o

Chrisimo
01-27-10, 06:53 AM
I was excited about ME2, but...it looks like they just dropped the whole thing about the reapers. Like...the story for ME2 looks like it does nothing to follow the story from ME1.

Basically, from what I've seen on TV, I'm not going to buy ME2. Which is really sad, because I thought ME1 had one of the ****tiest cliff-hanger endings ever.

They didn't drop the Reapers at all...The story of ME2 ties in very well with ME1, it's just different in that it's more about your teammates this time (their stories)...But the threat of the Reapers is alive and well...and you learn something more about the Protheans as well.

NarcissistZero
01-27-10, 07:23 AM
I was excited about ME2, but...it looks like they just dropped the whole thing about the reapers. Like...the story for ME2 looks like it does nothing to follow the story from ME1.

Basically, from what I've seen on TV, I'm not going to buy ME2. Which is really sad, because I thought ME1 had one of the ****tiest cliff-hanger endings ever.

That has to be the dumbest reason not to buy a game I have ever seen.

Ninjaman09
01-27-10, 09:21 AM

How did ME1 have a cliffhanger ending? The entire plot of the game was resolved completely. It just left a vague threat lingering leaving an opening for a sequel. And as for ME2 having nothing to do with the original...I really don't know what to say.

Mr. Hunt
01-27-10, 12:11 PM
How did ME1 have a cliffhanger ending? The entire plot of the game was resolved completely. It just left a vague threat lingering leaving an opening for a sequel. And as for ME2 having nothing to do with the original...I really don't know what to say.

Not too much you CAN say without ruining something ;).

Definitely get this game... IT OWNS!

Tuork
01-27-10, 10:44 PM
I wantz it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111one11

Lyme
01-28-10, 09:31 PM
picked up my pre-order on tuesday.. plan to play a lot this weekend.

Tuork
01-30-10, 10:29 AM
I think I'll order it through our equivalent of flea-bay. It'll get here in 9 days.

Fooking third-world crappy country I live in :(

Tuork
02-18-10, 09:43 AM
I'm FINALLY getting my copy in a couple of days. I'm jumping up and down with excitement :P

Revs
02-18-10, 09:52 AM
I bought Mass Effect a few weeks ago. Guess I should be cracking on with finishing it :p

How long a game is it? Should I be doing a night shift to get through it?? :lol:

EciDemon
02-18-10, 05:15 PM
i played thro the first mass effect several times on my 360 and every time it clocked in at around 35 hours doing everything, doing all side quests and exploring all the planets getting all the resources etc.

all those things are optional and if you stick to the main plot alone i think it will take you less then 10 hours.

You can import your me1 character into me2. thats pretty cool. even better if you import a level 60 character.

Me2 is very nice so far but i absolutely hate the resource scanning part they did this time around. It's tedious!