PDA

View Full Version : Half-Life 2 COOP News

Pages : [1] 2

zoolap
07-05-03, 02:39 PM
Go to the following links for potntially awesome news:

Special Reserve News (http://special.reserve.co.uk/news/story.php?id=2716)

Svencoop (http://www.svencoop.com/)

Amazing thing is they say they have had to close down their forums temporarily because their servers were getting hammered - wonder why? :D

digitalwanderer
07-05-03, 03:15 PM
w00t-w00t-w00t-w00t!!!!

The more I hear about Half-life2, the more excited I get about it!!! :thumbsup:

The Baron
07-05-03, 03:30 PM
Snap.

Smokey
07-05-03, 03:39 PM
Although its only a 2 player co-op its better than no co-op at all. I remember when Rune came out and there wasnt any co-op, most people were upset, then a mod team made a co-op mod, which just added so much to the game ;)

Co-op = :thumbsup:

silence
07-05-03, 04:18 PM
yes :D :D :D :D

|JuiceZ|
07-05-03, 05:22 PM
yea now thats what I'm talking about!! :jumping:

rokzy
07-06-03, 05:38 AM
haha go home Carmack

zoolap
07-06-03, 06:15 AM
After playing Halo for the first time only a few weeks ago I think we have even more reason for why COOP is good.

If the COOP delays the game release I think I'd prefer to get the regular game first and then download the COOP stuff later though.

Also, introducing COOP means that things will be easier when they get round to the X-box release.

I'll say this much - I still love my Gamecube, but Halo sells the x-box.

zoolap
07-06-03, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by The Baron
Snap.

:confused: Has this info already been posted? If so my apologies and mods feel free to move/merge this thread to the relevant post.

vampireuk
07-06-03, 06:41 AM
Thar we go posted:cool: thanks for the heads up zoolap:afro:

zoolap
07-06-03, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by vampireuk
Thar we go posted:cool: thanks for the heads up zoolap:afro:

Thanks dude. I feel like the kid who has written to his favourite tv program and had his letter read out :D

BigFish7
07-06-03, 07:37 AM
Bah i want BOOM III :)

***CENSORED***
07-06-03, 10:26 AM
:afro:

Kev1
07-06-03, 11:01 AM
:dance: :dance: wooohooo!!!!!

The more coop the better!

UDawg
07-06-03, 11:24 AM
BLING! BLING!!

digitalwanderer
07-06-03, 12:11 PM
I was just remembering how much bloody fun I had a few years back when a buddy dropped by for the evening and we ended up playing Q2 in cooperate mode for about 7 hours. :D

I can not WAIT for this game!!!!!! :)

GlowStick
07-06-03, 12:37 PM
Woot, all i need is a friend to play co-op with!

Also, dosent this distrub anyone? also found on the reserve website?

XBOX HALF LIFE 2
Prices include VAT. Free delivery
Due for release: 01/04/2004

Paul
07-06-03, 01:17 PM
You'll need to edit the news post, because you've got the wrong end of the stick.

Half-Life 2 won't ship with co-op. I'm part of the team which is going to be working on the co-op mode, and as the press release clearly states, the actual development process won't begin until we have the SDK.

Valve will be working with the the team on bringing the mod to fruitition, however. So this is more of an informal partnership than a "make the coop for us so we can bundle it with the game" partnership.

The Baron
07-06-03, 02:12 PM
Half-Life 2 won't ship with co-op. I'm part of the team which is going to be working on the co-op mode, and as the press release clearly states, the actual development process won't begin until we have the SDK.
Ooh, does this mean we can beta test it? ;)

john19055
07-06-03, 04:13 PM
This is the Game I am waiting for, sure I will buy DOOM III,but this is the one I am looking forward to getting.

digitalwanderer
07-06-03, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Paul
You'll need to edit the news post, because you've got the wrong end of the stick.

Valve will be working with the the team on bringing the mod to fruitition, however. So this is more of an informal partnership than a "make the coop for us so we can bundle it with the game" partnership.
First before I say anything else, I'd like to say THANK YOU!!!! :D

Second, it's ok that it'll take a little while for the co-op mode to come out...I have a feeling it's gonna take me a little while to finish this game.

I'm just glad to hear that Valve is being supportive of the mods development...that way I know it IS coming. :cool:

silence
07-06-03, 04:32 PM
all i can say....bring more mods :D

just as u finish it...new mod...man we gonna play HL2 for long:D

bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BigFish7
07-07-03, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
I was just remembering how much bloody fun I had a few years back when a buddy dropped by for the evening and we ended up playing Q2 in cooperate mode for about 7 hours. :D

I can not WAIT for this game!!!!!! :)

best lan game ever is tribes1 which i and my friends played 26 hours nonstop :) :rolleyes: that was fun :D

deckard
07-08-03, 12:15 PM
I can't help it, I have to post even if a little OT.
System Shock 2 provided a friend and I with the utmost pinnacle of cooperative play goodness that I have ever experienced in my 20+ years of gaming.
If anyone has that game I really recommend replaying it with a friend or 2 (or 3 even, I think it supports 4).

shoot_to_kill
01-16-08, 02:01 PM
If you like coop you have to check out Follow Freeman. Awsome mod with loads and loads of contect and they have put in all the CS guns too . Have a look at them on moddb: http://www.moddb.com/mods/8371/follow-freeman-half-life-2-coop
i'm lovin it!