PDA

View Full Version : metal lever on heatsink short out system?

sharky
07-05-03, 05:29 PM
I have just installed an aero 7+ heatsink. This heatsink is the "easy to install" variety that has a lever instead of having to use the screwdriver to latch it on.

Anyway, it turns out that the metal lever on the heatsink sticks out and (after bending it) still slightly touches the casing for the PSU. Before I bent it, I could even get my MOBO into my case.

Will this (the metal lever touching the casing for the PSU) cause my system to short out?

If the metal lever touching my case would cause it to short out, my idea would be to stick something non-conductive between the lever and the case; my idea was like an old credit card. This would stop them from directly touching. What do you think?

I would appreciate any help any of you can offer. Thank you.

Smokey
07-05-03, 06:39 PM
Ive had to do the samething with my XDream. My question is, what is it going to short out and how? BTW this doesnt happen with all motherboards, I installed my XDream on a different motherboard before the KT3Ultra, it was the ECS L7S7A2 and that had alot of room and didnt need to bend the clip. If you are worried, maybe you could just wrap some electrical tape around the clip?

sharky
07-05-03, 07:06 PM
thanks. I think I'll do that!