PDA

View Full Version : Names of the first GF100 series card will be...

Pages : 1 [2]

shilk
02-04-10, 12:57 PM
The new Alienware M11x uses the NVIDIA GT335M. That would explain/confirm what NVIDIA said about the 300 series being used in notebooks, etc., and skipping to the 400 series.

Man, serisouly, WTF. They just came out with the ION chipset, and now this crap? My brother just spent 500+ bones on an ION and now it feels like it's already outdated. I would have shelled out another 200 bucks to get a M11x. :( Bastards.

pkirby11
02-04-10, 01:10 PM
The new Alienware M11x uses the NVIDIA GT335M. That would explain/confirm what NVIDIA said about the 300 series being used in notebooks, etc., and skipping to the 400 series.

Man, serisouly, WTF. They just came out with the ION chipset, and now this crap? My brother just spent 500+ bones on an ION and now it feels like it's already outdated. I would have shelled out another 200 bucks to get a M11x. :( Bastards.

I just bought a M11x I'll let you know how it is. Looks pretty sweet, seems to be able to play most moderns games at medium settings, some even higher. Good price, upgraded the stock CPU, memory and HDD and got it $955 shipped.

shilk
02-04-10, 01:27 PM
Nice! :D

There's some coupons I've seens laying around online and I've seen them knock off the total package down to $700. That's such an awesome netbook/laptop. Keep us posted! :)

JasonPC
02-04-10, 02:14 PM
I wouldn't really call the m11x a netbook. It's a little more on the high end compared to a netbook. ION really was never meant for that. Would like to see some reviews concerning power consumption and battery life though.

shilk
02-04-10, 02:28 PM
They said that it runs for 2.5 hours with the NVIDIA chipset and about 6-7 hours with the integrated. Pretty awesome. :) IGN already put up a review. It's still expensive for my budget, but that little thing rocks.

pkirby11
02-04-10, 03:54 PM
They said that it runs for 2.5 hours with the NVIDIA chipset and about 6-7 hours with the integrated. Pretty awesome. :) IGN already put up a review. It's still expensive for my budget, but that little thing rocks.

Yeah been reading some reviews of it and for $955 very nice. Sadly it's saying it won't ship until the first of March so I got a little bit to wait. :)

Kemo
02-09-10, 09:55 AM
well i saw the farcry 2 benchmark, I liked it, but they say the "GTX 400"s will use more power than their predecessor and run hotter, which to me sounds like a step backward. I just lost one of my 8800 GTXs so I am working with one for now, and it's doing surprisingly well, I was so used to SLI framerates, going to one card wasn't so bad, only notice a difference in crysis and farcry 2 which I have to run in 1280x800 to be playable avg 40fps

gulizard
02-10-10, 02:09 PM
I wish Fermi would hurry up and come out. I am ready to grab it. I've decided not to upgrade my current pc specs as of yet. I am just going to wait, but I do want to get Fermi... I am even buying a 750W PSU to handle it...