PDA

View Full Version : Need help with a wireless client connecting to server 08

bacon12
02-03-10, 03:54 PM
Thread title is wrong wired or wireless does not matter. I never had any issues before with a local client connecting to my server (2008 enterprise). Both RDP and passworded shares fail. I can upload the security audit log from the server when I get on my desktop if anyone thinks it will help.

This is a brand new laptop I bought this week reformatted with 7 x64 ultimate. I can connect to every other machine with shares without any issues. It is also a member of the other 4 windows 7 machines workgroup again without issue. I have searched for hours looking for the cause. About ready to go postal..
:angry:

bacon12
02-05-10, 01:51 PM
Really nobody?

DiscipleDOC
02-05-10, 04:34 PM
Thread title is wrong wired or wireless does not matter. I never had any issues before with a local client connecting to my server (2008 enterprise). Both RDP and passworded shares fail. I can upload the security audit log from the server when I get on my desktop if anyone thinks it will help.

This is a brand new laptop I bought this week reformatted with 7 x64 ultimate. I can connect to every other machine with shares without any issues. It is also a member of the other 4 windows 7 machines workgroup again without issue. I have searched for hours looking for the cause. About ready to go postal..
:angry:

Is the firewall disabled on the workstation? If not, try to disable it, and then see if you can join the domain. I've never heard of a problem like that before...

EDIT: Also, try to disjoin the domain and then try to re-join it.