PDA

View Full Version : Having Trouble with Dead Space

Drolfrawd
02-04-10, 06:14 PM
Guys , i bought this the other day, and like the game , i am having trouble controlling it. any tips plz

grey_1
02-04-10, 06:22 PM
I had to turn all v-sync off to make it playable for me. Otherwise the lag was horrible. Not sure if that's what you're referring too??

Drolfrawd
02-04-10, 06:24 PM
Maybe it is bro. i have it turned on, in fact had no idea it could cause trouble like this.
Thanks for the tip , I'm going to try it now.

BTW grey, God is still working with me ,I'll need to pm you an update very soon.

grey_1
02-04-10, 06:26 PM
Maybe it is bro. i have it turned on, in fact had no idea it could cause trouble like this.
Thanks for the tip , I'm going to try it now.

BTW grey, God is still working with me ,I'll need to pm you an update very soon.

Please do! :)

Drolfrawd
02-04-10, 06:30 PM
Thanks Grey , that makes an absolutely huge difference to the lag you mentioned.
I have control of the player, and could tell as soon as i turned vsync off , the mouse started to move properly. :D

Fuku2
02-04-10, 06:54 PM
The game aiming is actually supposed to move very slowly like that. Turning off Vsync does indeed work. I have a mouse I can set the speed with a press of a button (MX518) and I cranked to the highest too when I played that game. It felt so unnatural the original way.

shilk
02-04-10, 07:03 PM
If you enable VSYNC via NVIDIA Control panel and turn it off in-game, you get the best of both worlds. For some reason, the VSYNC option in the game was broken.

Drolfrawd
02-04-10, 07:12 PM
Thanks mates I'm a learner at this stuff.

Drolfrawd
02-04-10, 07:15 PM
In the Nvidia control panel should it be set to "Force On" ?

bob saget
02-05-10, 12:28 AM

and bob's your uncle. well, capt.stubing is your "uncle" uncle :D

shilk
02-05-10, 12:53 AM

Yes. :) And "OFF" in the game itself. This way you don't get mouse lag and tearing.