PDA

View Full Version : Got my taxes back

gulizard
02-05-10, 07:19 PM
I got a lot more. After paying the bills where I was in-prison and unable to pay those said bills. I have some money. I realize fermi is far off. Is the I7 that much of a leap over the Q6600? Should I upgrade and get the I7 now, or do you think that FERMI would not be to badly CPU limited on my current hardware. I realize a new PSU is a must.

I know no one can really know the answer, but I am sure someone such as Xion X2 could steer me in the right direction. I am debating to go ahead NOW, for 690 bucks and grab the I7 920 + the EVGA X58 board, and some DDR3 RAM, and a new PSU and maybe just hold off on upgrading my video card till Fermi comes around, however I do not want to upgrade my processor if its going to be able to handle fermi and play most games. As my Q6600 is fast at doing anything I do now.

Sazar
02-05-10, 08:17 PM
I got a lot more. After paying the bills where I was in-prison and unable to pay those said bills. I have some money. I realize fermi is far off. Is the I7 that much of a leap over the Q6600? Should I upgrade and get the I7 now, or do you think that FERMI would not be to badly CPU limited on my current hardware. I realize a new PSU is a must.

I know no one can really know the answer, but I am sure someone such as Xion X2 could steer me in the right direction. I am debating to go ahead NOW, for 690 bucks and grab the I7 920 + the EVGA X58 board, and some DDR3 RAM, and a new PSU and maybe just hold off on upgrading my video card till Fermi comes around, however I do not want to upgrade my processor if its going to be able to handle fermi and play most games. As my Q6600 is fast at doing anything I do now.

I recommend waiting honestly.

Save your money.

Serrasalmus
02-05-10, 08:19 PM
a 920 and evga x58 is a great thing(see sig) but id wait till the new intel comes out if u can the 6core i fergit what its called but im sure someone will say...

Muppet
02-05-10, 10:58 PM
Gulftown? you have more over-clocking headroom on a CPU than GPU so you should put less into the GPU. That being said you probably want an X58 with a FERMI ;)

Hell yeah, wait for Gulftown. It's only around the corner. March release I think. 6 cores FTW. That and Fermi will be unstoppable.

gulizard
02-05-10, 11:22 PM
Thanks!