PDA

View Full Version : Dead Space 2 No Longer Coming to PC

Pages : [1] 2

MaXThReAT
02-09-10, 10:10 AM
I saw this over at BluesNews and over at ShackNews. I wonder if we'll see it in 2012.

Those EA Financials from earlier had one last surprise, as the listing for Dead Space 2 in their Fiscal Q4 2011 has the entries for consoles and handhelds ticked off, but there is no mark under PC. We inquired if this meant the PC edition was coming at a later date not reflected on that schedule, and were told by EA public relations that: "As of right now a PC sku is not in the plan." Our requests for an explanation went unanswered, so we don't know the reasons for the change.

methimpikehoses
02-09-10, 10:16 AM
:headexplode:

trivium nate
02-09-10, 10:30 AM
that fuking blows I really ****ing hate consoles to say the least seriosuly

K-1
02-09-10, 10:33 AM
WHAT?!?!?

lee63
02-09-10, 10:38 AM
Soon we are gonna all this bad ass hardware and no games to play....I hate consoles also.

trivium nate
02-09-10, 10:41 AM
Soon we are gonna have all this bad ass hardware and no games to play....I hate consoles also.

fixed:)

grey_1
02-09-10, 11:05 AM
Not the first time there's been conflicting statements from a publisher. I'll just take the wait and see approach, although it would seriously suck if true.

jolle
02-09-10, 11:14 AM
well, they couldnt manage to put in decent mouse input in the first one, so no big suprise there.
sucks though.

|MaguS|
02-09-10, 11:53 AM
Cry me a river...

NarcissistZero
02-09-10, 11:55 AM
Wow, that sucks!

Hopefully it is just coming later, I loved the original. It did sell like crap on PC I think though, so it would make sense to cancel it unfortunately.

bob saget
02-09-10, 12:11 PM
^that.

Muppet
02-09-10, 12:44 PM
Disappointing if true.

ATi
02-09-10, 04:59 PM
Well no PC version, no buy.same no pc no buy:)

1337_Like_ThaT
02-09-10, 05:06 PM
that fuking blows I really ****ing hate consoles to say the least seriosuly

ROFL

It would be a total blow if they announce a version for the Wii instead :captnkill:

Quick420
02-09-10, 05:57 PM
Thats sad news if true.

CaptNKILL
02-09-10, 07:08 PM
Well, hopefully we get one later then.

Dead Space was an awesome game on PC.

I was looking forward to playing the sequel.

wrathofgod
02-09-10, 09:57 PM
Bah...the first one was great on the PC...that sucks! :(

NaitoSan
02-09-10, 10:23 PM
A lot of people whined how poor port it was on PC and blamed on console. A lot of people were turned off and ended up not buying it.

After news' out that Dead Space 2's not coming to PC, people once again whined and blamed on console... again. If they're actually hardcore PC gamers, they could have bought it just to support PC gaming. If that's the case, Dead Space 2 would be on way to PC with better keyboard/mouse support and few PC enhancements.

This doesn't affect me though. I own first game on console and pc. I'm going to get Dead Space 2 for 360. :D

Crow_Nest
02-09-10, 10:36 PM
Thats lame! :thumbdwn:

Lfctony
02-09-10, 10:45 PM
The advantage to being a PC & console gamer: news like this doesn't really concern you.

I picked up the original Dead Space on PS3 instead of PC, controls just felt a bit more "natural" with a gamepad.

:thumbsup:

JasonPC
02-09-10, 11:11 PM
I think Dead Space was a great port. Good performance and the mouse issues disappeared if you disabled v-sync. Hoping this news isn't true. It may be possible that PC will see a later release as this news was just based off of a schedule from EA.

NarcissistZero
02-09-10, 11:58 PM
The advantage to being a PC & console gamer: news like this doesn't really concern you.

I picked up the original Dead Space on PS3 instead of PC, controls just felt a bit more "natural" with a gamepad.

This might blow your f'ing mind, but gamepads work on PCs.

I know, crazy! But it's true!

Mr. Hunt
02-10-10, 12:35 AM
I didn't play the first, so why should I care?

crainger
02-10-10, 12:37 AM
Don't start that crap Velvet. I'm sure he had other reasons for getting it on PS3 (like DLC and the fact he'd be trying to play it on a laptop ::bleh::).

I myself am sad. Scary games I HAVE to play on PC. Not sure why, I guess it's the fact I can spin on a dime with mouse.

EDIT: nV News is just a news source for you Hunt. If you don't care, then don't post. Leave room for us and stop BUTTING IN! ::p:

nutcrackr
02-10-10, 12:43 AM
I have a PS3 but have no desire to continue my time with the marker on that platform. Dead Space 2 PC or I'm not going to bother with it.

I wouldn't be as annoyed if they didn't initially announce it was coming to PC. Here I thought EA was very pro PC digital distribution. I guess things very quickly change in this industry.

The PC controls were fine, the game is much better than Resident Evil 5.