PDA

View Full Version : what the hell is with these temps?

yoladude
07-07-03, 05:24 AM
i downloaded SISoftware Sandra a while ago and just recently checked out the temps it read on my mainboard....these temps are soooo out of whack.
first time i opened it....it said my mainboard was at 94 degrees CELCIUS. i thought...oh ****. but then i felt the air coming out of my case, and yea, it's hot, but it's not hotter than it usually is. next time i check, it says 125 degrees celcius. next time i check, it doesn't show up. this time, it says 11 degrees celcius. and no matter what it reads, there is always a warning saying the mainboard's temperature is too high and i should power down immediately. i have no stability problems. is this bull****?

btw....the cpu temps are accurate...around 40-45 degrees celcius, and they show up at about that each time. but the power/aux temp is around 54 degrees C. is this high?

edit: yea, i think these temps are crap. when i move my mouse a lot during detection, it doesn't read mainboard temp at all. when i dont, it reads at about 94 degrees C. any thoughts?

The Baron
07-07-03, 08:46 AM
you sure it's not F?

stncttr908
07-07-03, 03:03 PM
I think you're mistaken...get us a screenie if you can.

yoladude
07-07-03, 03:43 PM
dammit....i dunno how i can get a screenshot for u, but the temps definately aren't accurate. i have the side of my case slightly open and all air being blown out is fairly cool. it still reads 126 degrees celcius. i've never had any major stability problems, so oh well.

stncttr908
07-07-03, 04:32 PM
Just hit print screen, open paint, paste it, crop the sandra window and save it in jpeg format. It should be small enough to attach to a post.

Riptide
07-07-03, 06:56 PM
My old gigabyte SIS648 board, I forget which model it was, always reported crazy temperatures in Sandra. The reason was that there was no hardware monitoring on the board (at least of temps anyway) and as a result Sandra freaked when it went to check the temperature. It didn't produce an error, but gave erroneous results.

yoladude
07-07-03, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Riptide
My old gigabyte SIS648 board, I forget which model it was, always reported crazy temperatures in Sandra. The reason was that there was no hardware monitoring on the board (at least of temps anyway) and as a result Sandra freaked when it went to check the temperature. It didn't produce an error, but gave erroneous results.

okay, yea, that's probably the case here.....everyone, just nevermind about this thread. i'm far too lazy to post a screenshot, but yes, i can read, and i know what temps sandra is saying. but dont worry about it, my computer has never overheated, or had stability problems.