PDA

View Full Version : Activision says new COD before the end of 2010

ASUSEN7900GTX
02-11-10, 11:51 AM
THe TWist is they are gonna maybe put a monthly payment fromt here on and if they do it, sure more FPS games will follow, and that my friends is the end of FPS on PC i wish it was late 90īs mid 20īs that was the golden age of PC gaming.
Well activiosn can stuff their games where the sun never shines i will never ever pay to play FPS games i didnīt do WOW i sure as hell wonīt do it for COD games thatīs for sure the only MMORPG i am thinking of is Old republic.

so what are you thoughts on the matter pay every month fotr playing COD ?

http://kotaku.com/5469025/activision-has-call-of-duty-7-loaded-for-holiday

nekrosoft13
02-11-10, 12:39 PM
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/4473/milking20cow1.jpg

NarcissistZero
02-11-10, 12:50 PM
I don't think this one is the one they are considering a fee for, this is just the next Treyarch CoD.

newparad1gm
02-11-10, 12:53 PM
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/4473/milking20cow1.jpg

Not accurate, that cow should be emaciated and bleeding out the udder by now.

ASUSEN7900GTX
02-11-10, 03:27 PM
well if it isnīt this one or is, i donīt care so much thing is i will not pay a monthly fee to play a FPS game...how stupid can men get?
this must be beyond the stupidiest ideas of the new century or almost.
thing is if this is the new melody of FPS then PC gaming as of that moment is dead.
Sure there will be people paying but then againg they are desperate i guess.
Well one has to see what these monthly fee games are and what content but still it is idotic to think the major part of PC gaming community would Subscribe for COD it sinīt all taht good.

but thatīs my nickels and dimes on this idea of Activision

ViN86
02-11-10, 03:44 PM
THe TWist is they are gonna maybe put a monthly payment fromt here on and if they do it, sure more FPS games will follow, and that my friends is the end of FPS on PC i wish it was late 90īs mid 20īs that was the golden age of PC gaming.
Well activiosn can stuff their games where the sun never shines i will never ever pay to play FPS games i didnīt do WOW i sure as hell wonīt do it for COD games thatīs for sure the only MMORPG i am thinking of is Old republic.

so what are you thoughts on the matter pay every month fotr playing COD ?

http://kotaku.com/5469025/activision-has-call-of-duty-7-loaded-for-holiday

First $60 for MW2 on PC with no dedicated servers, and now a subscription based FPS?

This **** needs to stop.

DiscipleDOC
02-11-10, 03:48 PM
First $60 for MW2 on PC with no dedicated servers, and now a subscription based FPS?

This **** needs to stop.

It will stop when people stop paying for it. The makers of the game obviously is not getting the point. They need to know that gamers are not satisfied with their games and they are not satisfied with the ethics. You show them this by not buying their games.

HiCZoK4
02-11-10, 03:57 PM
Thats bull****. They are thiefs

NarcissistZero
02-11-10, 04:29 PM

This **** needs to stop.

$60 with no dedicated servers MW2 sold very well.

Tons of MMOs show a subscription-based service can attract millions of customers.

If you owned a business would you go against the paying majority to please a stingy minority? No, you would not.

K007
02-12-10, 01:46 AM
mmo....yes...

fps...no..

after the big dump that iw took on pc gamers, i highly doubt pc gamers would go for a second serving of it from IW/Activision.

methimpikehoses
02-12-10, 01:50 AM
I demand satisfaction! :argh:

abcgamer
02-12-10, 02:20 AM
GT gave COD MW2 game of the year and game of the year for 360 if that was not enough they also gave the game of the year for PS3 too. :headexplode: There are lots of fans of this game. But why everyone likes online only ... they have to make much better single player campaign also!!!!!

DLC is cool addition if it is your fav game. These days they are having different skins, other characters, like cole of infamous to uncharted2 as add on etc .. but subscription fees every month or so is crap.

t3hl33td4rg0n
02-12-10, 05:03 AM
Tons of MMOs show a subscription-based service can attract millions of customers.

Thats because people that play them are addicted, and are willing to pay money for the same thing over and over... Kinda like gamblers and drug addicts.

Its not that having to pay for something every month attracts people, its the game and the customers are willing to pay for it over and over again.

If you owned a business would you go against the paying majority to please a stingy minority? No, you would not.

The paying majority would likely turn into that stingy minority if the trend continues with other publishers.The system in place now works... Considering that just about every other FPS ever made hasn't done this, why start now? When does it end?

I think I know why. The pubs/devs realized that if console gamers are dumb enough to get raped on subscriptions and expensive games, then everyone else is...

Next thing you know, people will be paying over $100/month to just to be play all their games.

How long will it be before pubs start charging $90 to beta test game, then pay $10 to get updates on top of the $15/month just to be able to play it.

Hell, why dont they just charge per play hour?! People will pay it, right?

Remember how activision got started?

Burnt_Ram
02-12-10, 09:26 AM
the day i have to pay to play my favorite shooter is the day i sell my computer and give up on gaming! enough is enough ..

Quick420
02-12-10, 10:00 AM
The series died for me the day I purchased MW2 and played it online for the first time.No dedi's,pay to play,NO SALE.I will find another game to play online.TBH the games are very boring straghforward DM,tDM BS anyways.I was hoping for a successor to Enemy Territory....that was a fun game.I loved Quake Wars and still do but people didnt take to it like they should have.With todays hardware the graphics can be maxxed out and still get well over 125fps,makes for an awesome looking game.Most fps players out there cant seem to get the hang of the game,TOO MANY things to do LOL,so they leave back to their perfect COD DM games......

NarcissistZero
02-12-10, 02:03 PM
The paying majority would likely turn into that stingy minority if the trend continues with other publishers.The system in place now works... Considering that just about every other FPS ever made hasn't done this, why start now? When does it end?

It ends when they don't make money. It's a simple idea: Activision makes games to make money. If they think a subcription-based multiplayer game would make a good bit of money, they will do it. If it does not, they won't do it again. The end.

We control our own destiny.

And frankly, I know a lot of people who would love and pay for this. You do to, don't deny it. A well maintained CoD game with large player numbers, dedicated servers and new content on a monthy basis? I know a ton of people would love it.

K007
02-12-10, 03:14 PM
GT gave COD MW2 game of the year and game of the year for 360 if that was not enough they also gave the game of the year for PS3 too. :headexplode: There are lots of fans of this game. But why everyone likes online only ... they have to make much better single player campaign also!!!!!

DLC is cool addition if it is your fav game. These days they are having different skins, other characters, like cole of infamous to uncharted2 as add on etc .. but subscription fees every month or so is crap.

don't forget it is also the goty for pc and overall goty across all platforms.

Redeemed
02-12-10, 03:21 PM
It ends when they don't make money. It's a simple idea: Activision makes games to make money. If they think a subcription-based multiplayer game would make a good bit of money, they will do it. If it does not, they won't do it again. The end.

We control our own destiny.

And frankly, I know a lot of people who would love and pay for this. You do to, don't deny it. A well maintained CoD game with large player numbers, dedicated servers and new content on a monthy basis? I know a ton of people would love it.

I could see CoD morphing into an MMOFPSRPG down the road. Imagine a universe like WoW, but better graphics, and FPS. Very team-based. Using you're headsets, each team with it's own rank- and you have to co-ordinate your efforts to succeed in the mission. Not just in number of kills. Think older Rainbow Six games- hostage or bomb scenerios. One team defends, the other attacks and infiltrates. If it was implemented properly I'd pay for this. :)

NarcissistZero
02-12-10, 03:32 PM
I could see CoD morphing into an MMOFPSRPG down the road. Imagine a universe like WoW, but better graphics, and FPS. Very team-based. Using you're headsets, each team with it's own rank- and you have to co-ordinate your efforts to succeed in the mission. Not just in number of kills. Think older Rainbow Six games- hostage or bomb scenerios. One team defends, the other attacks and infiltrates. If it was implemented properly I'd pay for this. :)

Exactly. WoW proves the market is there, and honestly multiplayer FPS games are a lot more setup for that transition than role playing games were.

3DBrad
02-14-10, 07:44 PM
To go along with all of this,
http://www.joystickdivision.com/2010/02/activision_cuts_staff_closes_s.php

http://www.gamepro.com/article/news/212109/activision-ceo-wants-to-take-the-fun-out-of-making-games/