PDA

View Full Version : NO Alan Wake for PC -

Pages : [1] 2 3

wysiwyg
02-12-10, 11:55 AM
ffs!

from bluesnews=

Alan Wake is not coming to the PC, Strategy Informer reports, quoting a statement from Microsoft on distribution plans for the psychological thriller in development at Remedy Entertainment. Apparently Microsoft feels the Xbox 360 is the Dr. Phil that will help the game get over its intimacy issues: "Some games are more suited for the intimacy of the PC, and others are best played from the couch in front of a larger TV screen. We ultimately realised that the most compelling way to experience "Alan Wake" was on the Xbox 360 platform, so we focused on making it an Xbox 360 exclusive. Both Microsoft and Remedy have long histories in PC game development. This decision was about matching this specific game to the right platform."

Alan Wake was announced in May 2005 for "next generation consoles and PC's," and a year later it was touted by Microsoft as a game that will benefit from the then upcoming release of Windows Vista followed by discussion of possible Vista exclusivity. After that the PC wasn't mentioned for so long that fans began expressing concern this version was in trouble, and sure enough this was followed by Remedy saying that whether the game would come to Windows was up to Microsoft, which lead to a petition asking Microsoft for PC support.

Redeemed
02-12-10, 12:03 PM
Wasn't this announced eons ago? :wtf:

HiCZoK4
02-12-10, 12:05 PM
I remember this from like 2002?!
This was suppose to be pc only game at first.

Who cares?!

tornadog
02-12-10, 12:24 PM
Thats it!!! f**king Microsoft, I am switching to Mac now!!!

Crow_Nest
02-12-10, 12:55 PM
So much for all that DX10 marketing for this game... :rolleyes:

XP_GUN
02-12-10, 01:07 PM

lol yeah I guess all that money that was thrown into DirectX10 was worth it. :headexplode:

gulizard
02-12-10, 01:07 PM

Actually they were marketing Quad Core CPU's on it. Intel's quad core was being shown on this. Showing how each core could handle a different aspect of the game. It looked superb.

I will never buy another console again, maybe the wii but aside from that, Microsoft isn't getting my business no more.

They are effectively killing what made Bill Gates the richest man, and I am sorry but the 360 while it has potential, it is in know way the same experience, and this game was set to be like Doom 3, dark and scary.... it was going to be like Doom 3, and Silent Hill mixed into one big game. Doom 3 for me sucked on the consoles, wasn't scary at all. PC was a different experience.

grey_1
02-12-10, 01:14 PM
I really wish there were another OS with as many titles available as windows. I'd drop MS 100% in a heartbeat.

Mr. Hunt
02-12-10, 01:32 PM
Definitely won't be getting it then... I have a 360, but I never play on it because it is an unreliable POS. But honestly, Alan Wake hasn't interested me as much since seeing it recently... the original trailer had me very intrigued... but the actual end product seems like it is something else.

Revs
02-12-10, 01:38 PM
Definitely won't be getting it then... I have a 360, but I never play on it because it is an unreliable POS. But honestly, Alan Wake hasn't interested me as much since seeing it recently... the original trailer had me very intrigued... but the actual end product seems like it is something else.

+1

meh

AdamK47
02-12-10, 01:39 PM
Thats it!!! f**king Microsoft, I am switching to Mac now!!!

That'll show em!

Revs
02-12-10, 01:40 PM
That'll show em!

:rofl

rudedog
02-12-10, 02:01 PM
Every time I go to upgrade my "PC for Gaming" I spend the money on other non MS things

1) Macs - I'm up to 6 in the house (only PC is my gaming box)
2) camera equipment
3) anything that has nothing to do with PC gaming + MS

I use to spend 1200 every 6 months on SLI equipment from EVGA not to mention the latest round of EE CPUs from intel --Not anymore

Funny I'm going on my 2nd year as a MS GFW MVP and we've only had 2 meetings/con calls. I asked their Windows gaming manager if MS was going to have a PC10 event to show their support for the PC gaming platform (like they do with the X10 event - for xbox).

Still waiting on a reply from that one.

Microsoft; PC gaming's biggest enemy......

Bearclaw
02-12-10, 02:01 PM

This was one game I was REALLY looking forward to since they first announced it in ...1993 or whenever it was. Shame it's not coming to PC. **** consoles.

abcgamer
02-12-10, 02:06 PM
The latest trailer they have shown is nice. Actually it is one of the rare and good looking 360 game IMO they had to make that exclusive

|MaguS|
02-12-10, 02:08 PM

This was one game I was REALLY looking forward to since they first announced it in ...1993 or whenever it was. Shame it's not coming to PC. **** consoles.

1993? It was announced in 2005...

I don't know why anyone in this thread is surprised. It was said to be coming to PCs but Microsoft is the publisher and paying for development. It was stated in 2009 that it was only scheduled for the Xbox 360 and that the possibility of a PC Port would be up to MS. Of course they are going to put it on a platform where they will see the most profit.

I personally lost interest when they first showed gameplay. It became nothing more then a generic game, didn't even look scary anymore. The original trailers gave a hint of so much more survival and all the gameplay trailers show so much action.

DansFace
02-12-10, 02:09 PM
those effers!

I actually play my PC on a 37" inch HDTV :\
*sigh* looks like I need to buy another xbox 360

Revs
02-12-10, 02:10 PM
1993? It was announced in 2005...

Yeah, seems forever ago dunnit

HiCZoK4
02-12-10, 02:43 PM
it was announced way before 2005

NarcissistZero
02-12-10, 02:58 PM
Wow.

The lack of Alan Wake does not bother me, I have learned with Halo, Fable and other series that Microsoft will not port their games, or will do so years later, in order to make me buy an Xbox. I get that they want everyone to have an Xbox so they can "rule the livingroom" and everything, and that PC gaming is no longer a real concern. I get that.

What bothers me is their complete BS excuse and basically furthering undue prejudice against the PC platform. "Plays better on a couch with an HDTV"?????? Really??? That is what you are going to tell the press??? F you, guys, seriously.

1) PC games can be played on a couch with an HDTV and you know that.
2) Alan Wake is a moody shooter, of which 1,000,000 have been released on the PC and they work well, you know that. System Shock 2 for God's sake.

They sound like ignorant console fanboys on GameFAQs.

JasonPC
02-12-10, 03:07 PM
They are the ones who brainwashed the xbots on gamefaqs so it should be no surprise.

Their BS reason is so easy to see behind. It's nothing new as I don't expect any game from MS to ever be released on PC again honestly.

gulizard
02-12-10, 03:12 PM
I really wish there were another OS with as many titles available as windows. I'd drop MS 100% in a heartbeat.

Wait till Google takes over.. Thats something that cannot be stopped, and Google could do it. I'd switch to a google OS, assuming I could play my games. Microsoft will end up losing out eventually. People will get enough of their bs. As far as Remedy goes, they just lost a customer. No more Max Payne purchases, or any game they make for that matter, and Max Payne I was a very big fan of. I got mine with the mouse pad and all.

Game company's that piss me off go on that list. If you can't make it for all platforms then why bother. Alan Wake had great potential.

|MaguS|
02-12-10, 03:35 PM
it was announced way before 2005

Nope, It was announced in E3 2005.
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/alanwake/news.html?sid=6122709&mode=all

gulizard, Googles OS wont do a DAM for PC Gaming. If anything you should worry that it might hurt the PC platform even more by being so restrictive and simple. It's like the iPad of the OS World.

Also why are you mad at Remedy? It's not their choice, MS is paying for the games development and controls what platform its released on.

nekrosoft13
02-12-10, 03:37 PM
Well no surprise after their PC version is up in the air announcement.

But MS should at least have the decency to tell the truth and not come up with a bull**** excuse like this :headexplode:

Just like with the GTA 4 addons, this game will come to PC in a few years.

just keep in mind that interview with MS, about how MS wants to limit cross titles because in europe most people would buy PC version, and MS wants them to buy the RROD_Box version.

crainger
02-12-10, 07:38 PM
Meh. I'm guessing after all this. The game will bomb. The people excited were PC fans of previous games like Max Payne 2. This is one game were they need to really market it to get 360 owners to buy it, they would have been able to do that easily with money made from the PC sales.

I'm with Hunt. The recent trailers make the game look pretty generic.