PDA

View Full Version : The FarCry2 Buddies

Mr Bigman
02-12-10, 07:52 PM
Mentioned this awhile ago where some of my buddies went in Farcry2, and just now finishing the game due to upgrades and finding the saves i had for it, but now that i reached the end, my buddies are all turning on me by shootingme.

Ok, why are they turning on me and i noticed Joseph my first buddy is shooting me aswhell.

I know the games is about to end choosing the diamonds or the battery but the bas3e area where i ge them the one girl is their wating for me telling the guy in the green shirt he is one of us and then all hell brakes loose.

Mr Bigman
02-12-10, 08:53 PM
I also noticed after the game when i started a new one on beyond harcore or bove it, i spawn in a different area than on easy so does that make the story any different or just a location i start at?

bob saget
02-12-10, 09:47 PM
kill 'em all.

Fuku2
02-12-10, 10:07 PM
kill 'em all.

Metal up your ass!

Mr Bigman
02-12-10, 11:39 PM
Trying to find walkthrough videos on youtube but don't get this battle with the buddies.

Game has been beat but like i said when starting a new game i get a mexican guy for a mission leader and im spawned ina different place unlike when i first started the game.

Mr Bigman
02-14-10, 02:36 AM
Any thought why they all ganged up on me and does anyone know if ths tory is different with the difficulty levels?

bob saget
02-14-10, 03:05 AM
i think story is the same. how far are you in the game when they gang up on you? I think someone betrays you when you switch to the different map.

Mr Bigman
02-14-10, 01:54 PM
I beat the game, but i get 2 things toward end take out the one guy or go to base and collect briefcase of diamonds and im ganged up on by the buddies.

Could it be if i go a different route, i could have these guys on my side?

CaptNKILL
02-14-10, 03:25 PM
I beat the game, but i get 2 things toward end take out the one guy or go to base and collect briefcase of diamonds and im ganged up on by the buddies.

Could it be if i go a different route, i could have these guys on my side?

Nope.

Basically, that part of the game is there to tell you that the entire game was a waste of time because everyone was against you. But since the game has no story or personality, it doesn't really matter anyway.

Mr Bigman
02-14-10, 06:44 PM
So saving the buddies in the different missions don't mean squat?

I saved These guys from their issues they were having with being tied up in side of cabins so let them go and they gave me missions and i helped them too so it was a so called setup all along?

mojoman0
02-14-10, 07:58 PM
yup no matter what you have to kill them at the end

XP_GUN
02-14-10, 09:49 PM
Man I lost interest after about 3 hours of playing. I hate having to fix my damn Jeep every checkpoint. :headexplode:

bob saget
02-14-10, 09:59 PM
The game was so bad for me, I have to look hard to remember things that particularly impressed me about it. It was quite satisfying using the jeep mounted nade launcher on an unsuspecting base, but that's about it.

Viral
02-14-10, 10:16 PM
It's true, the game was horrible. I can't remember a single good thing about it, I won't be buying FC3 before I try it.

Shamrock
02-14-10, 10:48 PM
Man I lost interest after about 3 hours of playing. I hate having to fix my damn Jeep every checkpoint. :headexplode:

Let's not forget the Malaria pills!

Redeemed
02-14-10, 10:54 PM
I rather enjoyed the game. Never beat it, don't remember where I left off, haven't played it in a while but might just pop it in and give it a go. :)

crainger
02-15-10, 01:19 AM
I liked it enough to finish it. It had it's moments. I was sad when my blonde babe buddy died in my arms. Was happy at the end she mightn't have been in on the whole turn against you thing the others did. To really have fun you need to learn to drive like crazy through most checkpoint and act all Hollywood. Although it needs a more relaxed health system to go that, maybe have more health and leave malaria and low ammo as the main concerns.

ragejg
02-15-10, 01:57 AM
The game definitely has its annoyances. I like to contrast it to Stalker Clear Sky though, and then I like it more.

UI is slicker. Mouse response is better. Physics are way better. Animals move much more realistically. Story is told better. Graphical feel is slightly more cohesive.

It just made S:CS feel like exactly just what it is: just a good looking game, nothing more.

Oh and 360 pad support FTW. :)

crainger
02-15-10, 04:03 AM
Remember in the original Far Cry and sometimes the pigs would drive the buggies around? I heard it was an AI routine for multi player to keep the jeeps and buggies on the road and easier to locate.