PDA

View Full Version : New Descent?!!

jAkUp
02-12-10, 09:44 PM
http://www.duckandcover.cx/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23724

Viral
02-12-10, 10:33 PM
As much as a revisit to the orignal setting sounds likely here I would still much prefer a Freespace continuation. Let's just hope either are true I guess.

Mr Bigman
02-12-10, 10:35 PM
About time.

ArrowMk84
02-12-10, 10:53 PM
As long as its like Descent 1 and 2, and not Descent 3.

Now if they'd only make Freespace 3. I wonder who has the rights to that; I know Derek Smartass was trying to get them a while back.

K007
02-12-10, 11:11 PM
Freespace was awesome, loved it. With the new tech we have now they could create an amazing space fighting game.

but i fear this is the kind of game that will end on the consoles only :(.

RoachMojo
02-13-10, 12:20 AM
As much as a revisit to the orignal setting sounds likely here I would still much prefer a Freespace continuation. Let's just hope either are true I guess.

Here Here!

But man, Descent I and II were so friggin awesome. God, I bought my first monster 3D for DII. DIII was ok.

Earthshakers FTW!!

Starscream
02-13-10, 02:02 AM
So long as there is no guide and thief bot bs I'd love to play a new Descent.

I can't be the only one who purposely does NOT release the guide bot in D2. The thief bot was just plain annoying though.

HiCZoK4
02-13-10, 04:20 AM
LOLOLOLOLOL DESENT 3 FTW! I rmember this!

t3hl33td4rg0n
02-14-10, 03:05 AM
I hope Interplay gets a good studio for this... I have been waiting patiently for nearly a decade to get my hands on a new Descent. I love all three games!

$n][pErMan
02-14-10, 04:36 PM
Wow.... a classic. I remember playing that as a kid... was so revolutionary and a ton of fun! :)

Kaguya
02-15-10, 12:07 AM
Descent still remains the only video game which actually made me feel nauseous. Those little ships flying around in the caves or mine-shafts with no way of knowing which was was up had terrible effects on me :p Still, a remake with current technologies would be quite awesome.

Armed_Baboon
02-15-10, 12:33 AM
I remember playing descent I & II without a mouse, just keyboard. it was too hard without a mouse to control that extra axis, and I wasn't ready to learn how to use a mouse at that stage.

t3hl33td4rg0n
02-15-10, 12:39 AM
Descent still remains the only video game which actually made me feel nauseous. Those little ships flying around in the caves or mine-shafts with no way of knowing which was was up had terrible effects on me :p Still, a remake with current technologies would be quite awesome.

I've met some people who had trouble playing the game... From what I hear, the game plays best with a flightstick - might be easier to get your bearings.

Viral
02-15-10, 12:45 AM

Same here, which is why I never spent much time in any of the original games and loved freespace.

It's not just the feeling disorientated/sick (I didn't get sick, more of a minor headache from being disorientated) thing that hurts the game for me, it's also the concept of a space ship in a corridoor type environment. It doesn't make sense! Sure it was obvious with the FPS uprising of the 1990's but we've moved beyond that. I doubt I'll get into a new descent game unless it's freespace.

Starscream
02-15-10, 11:56 AM
no way of knowing which was was up had terrible effects on me :p Still, a remake with current technologies would be quite awesome.

But it doesn't matter which way is up! You're inside a planet, all directions are up.

Also I hated that auto-leveling crap in Descent 2.

DansFace
02-15-10, 12:46 PM
it'll have consolitious(spelling?) :\ but hopefully still be as good as the old ones!

mcolbourn
02-15-10, 04:25 PM
I would love them to revisit Descent again that brings back many fond memory's playing 1 and 2