PDA

View Full Version : ***GTA IV PC Mods - Official Thread***

v3rninater
02-13-10, 11:50 AM
Just wanted to split this off from the official thread, since I hijacked it. The reason being, the DLC content is eventually coming to PC here soon. Any how link to all the info on how to get my mod, and also, a couple pages back some links to download sites I've gone to that update regularly with new mods.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=124023&page=123

nekrosoft13
02-15-10, 05:15 PM
finally got a chance to try your mod.

and i must say i have mixed feelings.

I liked the authentic car models very much, but I must say what some might call "more realistic" driving model totally destroys the gameplay. Sports are useless totally undrivable.

That enb (sp?) graphics tweak in some areas make the game look better (especially night). But it also causes a lot of weird glitches. For instance black squares all over cars (especially Escalade)

What would be perfect in my opinion would be a simple mod that just changes car models, but leaves handing/gameplay stock, and doesn't add trainer or that enb stuff.

v3rninater
02-16-10, 01:38 AM
finally got a chance to try your mod.

and i must say i have mixed feelings.

I liked the authentic car models very much, but I must say what some might call "more realistic" driving model totally destroys the gameplay. Sports are useless totally undrivable.

That enb (sp?) graphics tweak in some areas make the game look better (especially night). But it also causes a lot of weird glitches. For instance black squares all over cars (especially Escalade)

What would be perfect in my opinion would be a simple mod that just changes car models, but leaves handing/gameplay stock, and doesn't add trainer or that enb stuff.

I'll point you to this quote by me...

Hey guys, I made a download of my whole mod available to one of the guys who pm'd me. I've made some adjustments to it already, added a car or two, changed some settings. So if you all are interested I'll make a download available to those who just want to change out files and go.

It should work with everyone's GTA if there's is working correctly already. There's a graphics mod attatched to it, the reason is it halves the loading time which is reeeally great and makes the cars look great. You can enable/disable the graphics mod in-game along with the trainer, which allows you to do A TON to the game.

I'll also forwarn everyone that I'm trying to make this mod realistic as I can. So some of the cars are insanely fast compared to the vanilla game. That's just because in real life they would be insanely fast.

v3rninater
02-18-10, 07:06 AM
Anyone have other thoughts, critiques on this mod, I would like to know how to make it better. Nekro, if you want I could work on a handling settings that could be more toward your liking. Also, the graphics mod is more so for the pretty cars and loading faster. If you hit Shift-F12 it will shut off the mod, or you can get rid of the 3 files.

If you want help with that I can help you to find them and get rid of them.