PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo 64 RGB

DJMONDY
02-13-10, 01:18 PM
I live in the UK and have a PAL N64 but unfortunately we were deprived of rgb connectivity in the uk for this console. Does anyone here know if a uk n64 console has been successfully modded to run under rgb and not crappy composite?

Reason for this is I'm a huge fan of the console and still love playing it but although composite is useable on a old tube tv it looks like ass on my LCD tv.

I do use emulators but most times I prefer to use the real thing.

I have thought of buying a NTSC n64 but I don't know if there is any way of using my pal games on another region machine and I'd rather not buy them all again as I have quite a large collection.

Thanks for any replies :)

Lyme
02-14-10, 01:53 PM
It is doubtful that the pal cartridges would work in a ntsc n64 console.

Starscream
02-14-10, 03:37 PM
It is doubtful that the pal cartridges would work in a ntsc n64 console.

It's very easy with the right adapter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N64_Passport

ViN86
02-15-10, 12:26 AM
Emulator man. Emulator ;)

I bought a N64 to USB adaptor a few months ago and it works great. I wanted to play the old Zelda 64 games but didn't want to lug around my console and games. So I found Project64 and obtained the games and used my old N64 controller and it worked great :D

CaptNKILL
02-15-10, 01:53 AM
Emulator man. Emulator ;)

I bought a N64 to USB adaptor a few months ago and it works great. I wanted to play the old Zelda 64 games but didn't want to lug around my console and games. So I found Project64 and obtained the games and used my old N64 controller and it worked great :D

Does that emulator (or any others?) have mouse analog stick emulation? I'd love to play 007 with a mouse. I remember how cool the game was back in the day but I can't stand playing an FPS with an analog stick.

Zelda_fan
02-16-10, 12:39 AM
I live in the UK and have a PAL N64 but unfortunately we were deprived of rgb connectivity in the uk for this console. Does anyone here know if a uk n64 console has been successfully modded to run under rgb and not crappy composite?

Reason for this is I'm a huge fan of the console and still love playing it but although composite is useable on a old tube tv it looks like ass on my LCD tv.

I do use emulators but most times I prefer to use the real thing.

I have thought of buying a NTSC n64 but I don't know if there is any way of using my pal games on another region machine and I'd rather not buy them all again as I have quite a large collection.

Thanks for any replies :)

You will get a better graphical experience BY FAR if you download Project64 + ROMS (it's not illegal if you own the games) are run it off your computer with a wireless controller (XBOX360 wireless controller for PC does the job quite nicely) at 1080p w/ 8xAA. N64 Emulation is nearly perfect these days so just about every game is compatible.

DJMONDY
02-22-10, 02:01 PM
Don't get me wrong I love using emu's and I do use project64 but I'd prefer to use my n64 console.

Any ideas on modding then?