PDA

View Full Version : Heavy rain demo on psn

DJMONDY
02-13-10, 03:35 PM
Downloading now. Been dieing to try this out for ages!

ralinn
02-13-10, 06:01 PM
O.o

nrdstrm
02-13-10, 11:38 PM
Sweet...I'm definetly going to grab that. Saw it being played at CES. Freaking impressive!

enoteware
02-13-10, 11:41 PM
Just played it, demo is really short. Looks promising though, might sign up for gamefly for this game lol.

LurkerLito
02-14-10, 12:33 AM
After playing the demo I am not sure about this game at all. It feels like a long QT event with breaks of interactivity. I'd rather they just made it an adventure game without the QT events and a nice branching story system. But then again I am biased since I really dislike the QT event "mini-games".

jolle
02-14-10, 04:18 AM
I watched the quicklook on giant bomb and arrived at the conclusion that this is a game IŽd watch someone play, but never play myself.
Which I already suspected.

DJMONDY
02-14-10, 01:11 PM
I'm still unsure about this game even after playing the demo. I really thought playing it would have made my mind up about purchasing it but it hasn't.

tornadog
02-22-10, 02:45 PM
just got notice Amazon has shipped my copy...the demo has still not completely convinced me. But after cancelling Mag and Yakuza's preorders, I had some money left to blow away!!!

Mr. Hunt
02-23-10, 05:00 PM
THIS GAME IS EFFING TENSE!

Holy crap it is awesome.

Sazar
02-23-10, 05:15 PM
Dang, not on PC?

That sucks.

:(

Mr. Hunt
02-23-10, 11:31 PM
Beat the game... BUY A PS3 IF YOU HAVE TO TO PLAY THIS GAME!

|MaguS|
02-23-10, 11:46 PM
Beat the game... BUY A PS3 IF YOU HAVE TO TO PLAY THIS GAME!

There are multiple endings.

Mr. Hunt
02-23-10, 11:52 PM

Yup... and? I didn't say I beat it with every possible ending you NOOB!

Yaboze
02-24-10, 12:00 AM
This game looks sooo awesome and I love the noir setting but I hate QTE's. Hate em with a passion. So, looks like a pass.

I'm ready to trade in my Dante's Inferno for that very reason.

crainger
02-24-10, 01:48 AM
Play on easy, the QTEs are pretty easy and you can focus on the story as each scene has so many ways it can play out. You'll want to fail QTEs on purpose just to get a different story...

MowTin
02-24-10, 03:09 AM
I didn't even realize this game was out and this guy already beat it. :)

Mr. Hunt
02-24-10, 03:24 AM
This game looks sooo awesome and I love the noir setting but I hate QTE's. Hate em with a passion. So, looks like a pass.

I'm ready to trade in my Dante's Inferno for that very reason.

Play on easy, the QTEs are pretty easy and you can focus on the story as each scene has so many ways it can play out. You'll want to fail QTEs on purpose just to get a different story...

+1. Trust me, the game is worth it. I don't hate QTE's and I failed a few on accident, but I played through on Hard... Easy is nowhere near as anal (lawlz) about the timing.

tornadog
02-24-10, 10:35 AM

everybody that has finished has said there is no real motivation to go back and play through the game...even David Cage said playing thru the game multiple times will "kill its magic"...good thing its so hyped up...you should be able to sell it and recover its full cost!!!

Mr. Hunt
02-24-10, 03:48 PM
everybody that has finished has said there is no real motivation to go back and play through the game...even David Cage said playing thru the game multiple times will "kill its magic"...good thing its so hyped up...you should be able to sell it and recover its full cost!!!

I think Cage meant that the first ending you get should be the "real" ending for you. I definitely don't agree there is no point in replaying... I went through certain parts to change a little and ended up with VERY different segments later on.

Destroy
02-25-10, 12:20 AM
Tried the demo. Do not like the QTE. Do not like no control over the camera. So I do not buy or rent. :D

Bah!
02-25-10, 02:17 AM

That's pretty much the exact opposite of what everyone is saying. Just about every review talks about wanting to play through it again or the immense replay value.

There is nothing hyped about this game, it's just that damn good.

jlippo
02-25-10, 02:20 AM
Been playing for a few hours and the game has been quite nice adventure game. :)
All characters still alive and there are some very different choices I'm going to do next time...

abcgamer
02-25-10, 11:36 AM
Here is a interesting walkthrough about Heavy Rain. It seems interesting, hope this game sells well and the platinum edition becomes available hehe... I think it is not great game just interesting game and nice to have in the collection :o

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tIKQVQODAJM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tIKQVQODAJM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

LurkerLito
02-25-10, 01:09 PM
I played it last night for about an hour and half and it feels like an adventure game with QTE placed in spots. So far it seems OK nothing really that special. It really just feels like a new Indigo Prophecy with better graphics. Story seems interesting enough but I can't see myself playing it more than once though even with multiple endings. The QTEs aren't that bad but for some reason I still don't like them. It's like they were just put there for no reason other than to be annoying. For example they time some movements so if you press left too fast it doesn't work you have to slowly move the stick to the left for the action to occur. The multiple button press to get something to work properly seems weird and the one I can't stand are the shake the controller ones.