02-13-10, 08:08 PM
Well it is for an old space dog like me. :(

Johnny C
02-13-10, 09:51 PM
You try Star Trek: Online?

the space combat is very well executed. The rest of the game is kinda blaaaaaa

Drolfrawd
02-14-10, 07:38 AM
Johhny it was the star trek on line , i have just got the demo , but i was getting my ass kicked :D

t3hl33td4rg0n
02-14-10, 08:25 AM
Hmm, haven't heard about this... Just watched the trailer - looks like a lot of fun.

Metacritic 50??

So do you guys think this game is fun, I'm thinking of buying.

Johnny C
02-14-10, 09:08 AM
I liked it, but it was super buggy. It's kinda like a combination of the old 25th anniversary Star Trek for the 486 and Star Trek: Legacy. Graphics are really good, space battles are very fun, and you're auto grouped in instances.

If they offer a free trial, I'd go for that. I had a beta key, so I tried it for a week. Played about 20-25 hours, I enjoyed it, but the game needs more polish/patching imho.

t3hl33td4rg0n
02-14-10, 09:12 AM
I liked it, but it was super buggy. It's kinda like a combination of the old 25th anniversary Star Trek for the 486 and Star Trek: Legacy. Graphics are really good, space battles are very fun, and you're auto grouped in instances.

If they offer a free trial, I'd go for that. I had a beta key, so I tried it for a week. Played about 20-25 hours, I enjoyed it, but the game needs more polish/patching imho.

I'm not sure what kind of bugs the game has, but theres a patch out - not sure if these fixes were related to the issues you had with the game...

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1041387

Burnt_Ram
02-14-10, 09:13 AM
i would try it if they ever come out with a weeks free trial. but i'm not going to get it, find out i dont like it and be out the cost of the game and the monthly fee ...

Johnny C
02-14-10, 09:44 AM
I'm not sure what kind of bugs the game has, but theres a patch out - not sure if these fixes were related to the issues you had with the game...

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1041387

During the beta it was patched 2-3 times a day....It did get better as the beta went on.....so there is hope for sure.