PDA

View Full Version : Command & Conquer + Red Alert, Tiberium Sun and Firestorm now free

dikinher
02-14-10, 10:28 PM
EA is providing the full Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun and Firestorm expansion, along with the original C&C and C&C: Red Alert games as a free download. (http://www.commandandconquer.com/classic)

snowmanwithahat
02-14-10, 10:38 PM
That is amazing news... I loved the original C&C and RA.... those were the roots of my pc gaming.

I'm going to be picking this up for sure :D

dikinher
02-14-10, 10:44 PM
Ironically, the first time I played CnC was on the PS1 console. Then I got myself a PC, bought CnC and fell in love with PC gaming; have been PC gaming since.(nana2)

bob saget
02-14-10, 11:00 PM
Ironically, the first time I played CnC was on the PS1 console. Then I got myself a PC, bought CnC and fell in love with PC gaming; have been PC gaming since.(nana2)

It's a beautiful story just begging to be made into a movie :wonder: :p

Madpistol
02-15-10, 01:34 AM
Just one question....

Can my system run it? It looks pretty hi-tech.

CaptNKILL
02-15-10, 02:37 AM
Man, TS ran SOOOO bad back in the day. I think I was running it on my Gateway PII 400Mhz at the time. It would slow down so bad due to the voxel based semi-3D graphics and the deformable terrain.

I wasn't real impressed with the game though honestly. I was so stuck on Red Alert's semi-realistic "alternate reality" feel that all the crazy high tech crap in TS (and all future C&C games other than Generals) really put me off. I think I only played a few missions of the GDI campaign and spent the rest of the time playing skirmish and messing with game editors... which is pretty much what I did with Red Alert as well. :p

nutcrackr
02-15-10, 02:52 AM
I enjoyed TS but never got firestorm so here's my chance to try it out.

Better than playing the cnc4 abomination.

H3avyM3tal
02-15-10, 03:53 AM
It's a beautiful story just begging to be made into a movie :wonder: :p

(rofl2)

crainger
02-15-10, 04:58 AM
Tib Sun got some bad press, but it has a pretty good story, some A grade actors having fun and a great atmosphere. How awesome are the search lights and other effects? Pretty good for a voxel engine in the days when poly was really taking off.

LydianKnight
02-15-10, 07:32 AM
Just one question....

Sure, just be sure you don't turn on AA (nana2)

snowmanwithahat
02-15-10, 08:19 AM
to be honest C&C 1 was what really got me into it. I never played it all the way through because it seemed pretty darn inbalanced and not very thought out.... Red Alert was my favorite though. Online games were the best.... build up tons of heavy tanks as the soviest and just do a massive tank rush lol

Madpistol
02-15-10, 08:52 AM
Sure, just be sure you don't turn on AA (nana2)

:(

I <3 my AA

I just finished downloading TS. Can't wait to see if it actually works on Windows 7. :)

B0ne
02-15-10, 02:12 PM
:(

I <3 my AA

I just finished downloading TS. Can't wait to see if it actually works on Windows 7. :)

It does, runs fine too.

nekrosoft13
02-15-10, 05:17 PM
Just one question....

won't run on Phenom