PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have the original EVGA 500/850 BIOS?

shuttleteam
07-09-03, 01:49 AM
?

I have a PNY that does 500/950 perfectly fine. It actually will get up to about 540 before problems develop. Memory flakes out above 975. I guess that's a pretty good o/c. :)

-DAK-

delta
07-09-03, 06:21 AM
Are you taking a poll or looking for somewhere to download the original bios? For the latter, there's a link on www.evga.com in community -> forum -> geforce fx family, the link is in the thread that is 44+ pages long titled "geforce fx issues" or something like that, it's on about page 8-12 I think, not sure of the exact page but it is in there.

shuttleteam
07-09-03, 10:08 AM
No poll...

I would like the bios. I have a PNY card though. The site asks for a SN which I don't have. Anyone want to share? :)

-DAK-

delta
07-10-03, 04:23 AM
Then why would you want the evga bios? It's buggy (like I said, read the 44+ page thread on evga forum, mostly people who's systems are locking with original bios) and you can just overclock for the performance. Take it from me, don't bother with it.

shuttleteam
07-10-03, 08:12 AM
Yes it seems to have other variables (outside of clock speed) that are causing undesirable side effects.

Besides, I have used coolbits to o/c to 500/950 and I just don't see where the performance gain is worth it. I guess at the highest resolutions with 8xFSAA etc. it would be more noticeable...

-DAK-