PDA

View Full Version : Antec TruePower Fan only connectors

Frank_L
07-09-03, 07:37 AM
Hi,
I've got an Antec TruePower 430 watts and 5 80mm fans in my computer. In the manual, it says:"do not connect more than 3 fans on the fan only connectors". Does anybody know why? Will connecting 5 fans would blow my power supply?

Matthyahuw
07-09-03, 11:34 AM
won't blow it, but it might not provide enough juice to run them...so they'll run too slow, and your PSU may overheat on that circuit...

Grechie
07-09-03, 12:00 PM
How many fans do you recan a 350 Watt power supply can handle on the power connectors (male & female ones), sometimes using double adapters....
i currently only have 1 fan using a double adapter to hook up my 2nd HDD :)

Matthyahuw
07-09-03, 01:07 PM
it's not 350W on the PSU only leads, they are on their own computer monitored curcuit, it can get nasty if you want to overuse that circuit...

VoltFox
07-15-03, 04:03 AM
I just know that :eek:... I have Antec 480W and I connect 5 fans to the fan only connector, it's been 6+ months... glad nothing happened to the PSU :o...

well, gotta reduce the fans now...

Edit: I just checked, it's 6 fans on one connector, used to be 7... 1 is dead... I think nothing will happened if you put more than 3, but well I don't know on the long run...

Frank_L
07-15-03, 04:44 PM
I just solved the problem by adding a Vantec Nexus NXP201 which is very nice and good looking. Build quality is very good, it's all made of aluminum and it allows to control 4 fans.

Mike89
07-19-03, 01:25 PM
Personally I don't use the Antec fan leads at all. I tried it once but it runs the fans at slow speed and controls the fan speed depending how hot the case gets. I don't like that. I want my fans spinning at full rpm all the time.

The Baron
07-19-03, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Mike89
Personally I don't use the Antec fan leads at all. I tried it once but it runs the fans at slow speed and controls the fan speed depending how hot the case gets. I don't like that. I want my fans spinning at full rpm all the time.
I took two fans off of my fan-only ports yesterday.

Then my motherboard died.

C'est la vie.