PDA

View Full Version : Released - Dusk, Vulcan and Gas Station demos!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Venturi
07-09-03, 06:56 PM
Yes they are now available

Enjoy

Jay Venturi

CaptNKILL
07-09-03, 06:58 PM
Sweet... and I have a DX 9 card to run them :cool2: :nana:

The Baron
07-09-03, 06:58 PM
Snap, they are!

Front page hasn't updated yet (still says Videos) but the demos are there.

EMunEeE
07-09-03, 07:21 PM
Let me guess...they are nVidia cards only...it would be nice if ATi cards can run them cause these demos are the shiznit. MIT guys...can we get a wrapper??

jAkUp
07-09-03, 07:24 PM
yay! downloading vulcan right now:D

GlowStick
07-09-03, 07:58 PM
i wanna play with the last chance gas station soooo bad

jAkUp
07-09-03, 08:11 PM
just tried the vulcan demo.. pretty nice fire effects and stuff.. but nothing breathtaking imo.. im gonna try the gas station next.

GlowStick
07-09-03, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by jAkUp
just tried the vulcan demo.. pretty nice fire effects and stuff.. but nothing breathtaking imo.. im gonna try the gas station next.

gas station is gonna rox your sox muhaha

jAkUp
07-09-03, 08:16 PM
hopefully the dusk demo is good too :) im gonna save that one for last ;)

Edit: the gas station demo is pretty neat, it stutters pretty bad on my 5800 ultra, but the shadows look great

jAkUp
07-09-03, 09:00 PM
just tried the dusk demo... pretty nice imo, although almost the same as dawn..

and also... looks like nividia may have coded a nude dusk underneath the clothes... using point frame you can see her nipples....

CaptNKILL
07-09-03, 09:16 PM
WOW!
The Gas Station is amazing! The shadows are a bit pixelated\blocky, but you cant complain when it just looks soooo real! That thing fooled my eyes more than once while I was looking at it.

To see what I mean, go up to the sign (the big one by the road) look up at it, and make time pass quickly... the way the sun glows around it and the way the lighting changes... its just amazing! Supprisingly, the demo runs half decent with my 5600. It stutters real bad some times (looking at the car or the freezer), but thats ok.

I watched vulcan too. Thats pretty cool, but it runs really bad on my card, so its hard to tell whats going on.

I was wondering, where is the rusting truck? That was the one demo I really wanted to see, but I cant find it anywhere.

EDIT: Duh, nevermind... I didnt realise it was called "the time machine". :)

extreme_dB
07-09-03, 09:25 PM
Random thought: I was thinking about the truck demo and what the license plate said, and then realized that AMD's stupid new campaign "AMD Me" took away the opportunity for what would've been a great slogan for Nvidia - "NV Me". :)

GlowStick
07-09-03, 09:27 PM
the 5600 can run it, wow im tempted to buy one just to watch the gas station

extreme_dB
07-09-03, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by GlowStick
the 5600 can run it, wow im tempted to buy one just to watch the gas station

Is that surprising? These demos don't seem to showcase cutting-edge technology as much as artistry.

EMunEeE
07-09-03, 09:33 PM
Dang...I wish ATi would release some off the hook demos like nVidia or I wish nVidia demos played on all DX9 cards.:(

These ATi demos are getting boring...:mad:

GlowStick
07-09-03, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by extreme_dB
Is that surprising? These demos don't seem to showcase cutting-edge technology as much as artistry.
Yes, it is suprizeing to me since the 5600 is the low end part, i woudl of thought they blocked everything but 5900ultra heh.

And the demos are actually amazeing.

jAkUp
07-09-03, 10:04 PM
the vulcan demo runs crystal smooth on my system.. dawn seems to run reasonably smooth, but the gas station chugs pretty badly:(

skypx
07-09-03, 10:20 PM
Here it is on a 5800u.

http://webpages.charter.net/manderson001/Vulcan.png

extreme_dB
07-09-03, 10:33 PM
Yes, it is suprizeing to me since the 5600 is the low end part, i woudl of thought they blocked everything but 5900ultra heh.

And the demos are actually amazeing.

Well, a good thing about the GFFX line is that the lowend should be able to run everything the highend can, right? :)

bkswaney
07-09-03, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by jAkUp
the vulcan demo runs crystal smooth on my system.. dawn seems to run reasonably smooth, but the gas station chugs pretty badly:(

Same here. The GS runs OK on mine at 560/1130.
It stutters just a bit under the front.
Dusk and Vulcan run sweet at 2x AA and 4x AF.

The demos are badass. :D :D

I cannot wait to get Dusks cloths off. :spank: :p

GlowStick
07-09-03, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by extreme_dB
Well, a good thing about the GFFX line is that the lowend should be able to run everything the highend can, right? :)

Hehe, i guess so!

WHat ever happend to the futile lord system, where the people with the high end videa cards held exlcusive demos over everon else : P

bkswaney
07-09-03, 10:45 PM
Hehe, i guess so!

WHat ever happend to the futile lord system, where the people with the high end videa cards held exlcusive demos over everon else : P

Yep... but anything slower than at 5800 ultra might be a slide show. ;)

CaptNKILL
07-09-03, 10:51 PM
You know whats funny? The "minimum requirements" for each of these DX9 demos say either the 5800 Ultra or the 5900 Ultra (depending on which card they were released for) is REQUIRED to run them.... ooookkkk lol

"damn, man, I want to see the hot chick with wings, but my Geforce FX 5800 Ultra doesnt meet the requirements.... the minimum is a Geforce FX 5900 Ultra, so I guess I have to spend ANOTHER $500...."

Marketing scam? Naaa... :D

jAkUp
07-09-03, 10:58 PM
my friend just told me that the gas station demo uses over 128mb for textures, thats why we are getting that bad stuttering problem.

extreme_dB
07-09-03, 10:58 PM
I'd bet that the dawn demo could be adapted to run on GF4 cards at much faster than slideshow speeds with little loss in quality. :)