PDA

View Full Version : Extremetech Article Praises 44.67 Dets?

Deathlike2
07-10-03, 12:11 PM
http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,3973,1188119,00.asp

Comment here of what you think.

digitalwanderer
07-10-03, 12:13 PM
Heck, I'D be excited! They DOUBLED the performance of gametest4!

:rolleyes:

Deathlike2
07-10-03, 12:15 PM
It seems that the article clearly praises the Dets... although I don't exactly trust NVidia as much as I'd like.. but it's good if the results are indicative of changes in NVidia (except that of their anti-driver hack protection)...

Further analysis is needed for other apps (like UT2003 filtering) or games that use the current shaders... see if they benefit..

If 3DMark03 is just an isolated instance.. then NVidia is probably still hacking away at the benchmark... if that is the case.. they are hiding their cheats better.

It may an idea to test Shadermark.. if that's possible.

Matthyahuw
07-10-03, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
Heck, I'D be excited! They DOUBLED the performance of gametest4!

:rolleyes: more digs digi? :rolleyes:

Deathlike2
07-10-03, 12:40 PM
It's just a thought... but IF the new scores are legit... then NVidia's FINALLY started to optimize their driver for better shader performance (general performance, not isolated performance in 3DMark)... that may be a good plus for all pixel shader capable cards...

digitalwanderer
07-10-03, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Matthyahuw
more digs digi? :rolleyes:
No, genuine excitement that they've been able to disable the cheats and still be able to get their pre-cheat performance level...

...you don't suppose they STILL might be cheating, do you? :eek:

Deathlike2
07-10-03, 01:14 PM
The article doesn't confirm whether they are or are not cheating.. all they confirm is "improved performance in 3DMark03"... which is the only analysis that can be gathered for now... since none of the optimizations are affecting other games... (most of other games tested may not stress shaders)...

The Baron
07-10-03, 01:33 PM
44.71 leaked Dets still have the UT2k3 issue.

DivotMaker
07-10-03, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Deathlike2
The article doesn't confirm whether they are or are not cheating.. all they confirm is "improved performance in 3DMark03"... which is the only analysis that can be gathered for now... since none of the optimizations are affecting other games... (most of other games tested may not stress shaders)...

The article basically says the the only real improvements are in the GT4 and that the previous issues from the 44.03 Dets (clipping planes, etc..) no longer appear to be there when going "off the rail". They indicated that they had more work to do to confirm if there were any other issues or not.

StealthHawk
07-10-03, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by Deathlike2
It seems that the article clearly praises the Dets... although I don't exactly trust NVidia as much as I'd like.. but it's good if the results are indicative of changes in NVidia (except that of their anti-driver hack protection)...

Further analysis is needed for other apps (like UT2003 filtering) or games that use the current shaders... see if they benefit..

If 3DMark03 is just an isolated instance.. then NVidia is probably still hacking away at the benchmark... if that is the case.. they are hiding their cheats better.

It may an idea to test Shadermark.. if that's possible.

Come on guys. They are still cheating :rolleyes: Isn't it amazing that their scores are miraculously at the same level(above even) as old drivers running pre-patched 3dmark03?

Anyway, the Digit-Life article proved without a doubt that NVIDIA is still re-writing the shaders.

Discussion (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14593)

BigFish7
07-11-03, 06:15 AM
one of the thing i would like to see on the FX3X line up is a run of the upcoming aquamark3 benchmark.