PDA

View Full Version : This is what I'm getting!

lukar
07-10-03, 04:47 PM
http://www.digit-life.com/news.html?93177#93177

Rambus is a way to go, DDR as I said in couple posts before is holding PC industry.
I have never used DDR ( DDR is crap), I guess I will jump from RDRAM PC1066-32bit to this, around 2005 when I'm getting a new system.

Matthyahuw
07-10-03, 10:52 PM
the current RDRAM has some serious latency issues, dunno why you are praising it...even Intel dumped it, and Intel doesn't change for nothing!

And yes, this new RAM looks good on paper. And so did the old RDRAM too...

saturnotaku
07-10-03, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by lukar
I have never used DDR ( DDR is crap)

But if you've never used it...of course, trying to use logic and critical thinking skills is lost on someone like you, especially considering most of your posts here have been of the stark-raving idiot genre.

Hanners
07-11-03, 06:58 AM
RDRAM was good for a time, but now DDR has caught up to the point where it is more than capable enough of matching it.

Regardless of what you think of RDRAM, it's a dead duck now.

prodikal
07-11-03, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by saturnotaku
But if you've never used it...of course, trying to use logic and critical thinking skills is lost on someone like you, especially considering most of your posts here have been of the stark-raving idiot genre.

WORD. :afro:

lukar
07-11-03, 11:39 AM
Dude, mobo i875 is dead soon lol

jAkUp
07-11-03, 12:19 PM
and rdram is dead already... did you see the latest issue of maximum pc??? sis is trying to bring back rdram, they have a new mobo, and the test results??? the motherboard gets its ass whipped in ever single test... even by their own ddr ram boards.

rdram sucks. way too expensive, hardly better than ddr... and nobody carries it any more... i work and pcclub, and they stopped selling rdram a long time ago.

next year ddr II is coming out that will complete demolish rdram.

Riptide
07-11-03, 12:24 PM
RDRAM - stick a fork in it. ;)

Ninja Prime
07-12-03, 10:40 AM
This really isn't that impressive to me. They are likely using their lame 16bit channels, so even at 3.2ghz thats only 6.4GB/s, we have that now with dual channel systems. This stuff isnt coming out till 2005... we'll have 800mhz DDR2 or DDR3 and likely better by then, on dual channel systems too. It will probably have the same latency problems of the first RDRAM, and thus will suck.

B&R
07-12-03, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by lukar

I have never used DDR ( DDR is crap)

Nooo.. DDR is better esp dual channel DDR.

LiquidX
07-13-03, 08:34 PM
I have PC800 RDRAM and its really great. Whoever has really sat down with it and DDR(not 3200 dual) can attest to the fact that it is a beast. If it wasnt for it I doubt my Ti4200 would hold up to almost every game I throw at it even better than those with 9700 and pc2100 DDR. The only problem is it way to expensive and they sell 2 versions of the same speed.