Chieftec case (450W PSU, 3 80mm)
WD SE 80GB
ABIT NF7-S 2.0
1GB (2x512) Corsair XMS PC3200
Vantec Aeroflow HSF
52x32x52 liteon
16x DVD liteon
Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB
Logitech Z640 5.1 (can't justify $250+ on speakers)
NEC 19" CRT (FE991SB-BK)
assorted round cables
Black floppy
Enermax 3.5" transfer panel

If there's any suggestions you guys can make, I'd appreciate it. I'm waiting until tomorrow morning to order so I can hear what you've got to say.

Thanks! :cool:

b00bie
07-10-03, 11:19 PM
wow, you weren't kidding when you said the setup was almost the same as mine, heheh :D
Nice equipment. You're even looking at the same monitor that I was lookin at. lol ;)

stncttr908
07-11-03, 02:21 PM
Welp, it's on its way. Good luck to both of us!

Smokey
07-11-03, 03:21 PM
Could have sworn that Logitech made the Z640s ;) Which sound card are you going to be using?

stncttr908
07-11-03, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Smokey
Could have sworn that Logitech made the Z640s ;) Which sound card are you going to be using? Heh thanks for noticing the mistake! Would you believe I did that at nvmax and hardocp too? :bash:

Soundstorm for now, unless Audigy 2 OEM's get extremely cheap.

Smokey
07-11-03, 05:34 PM
Well if you are using the SoundStorm w/digital out, they tell me the sound is really good, and there really shouldnt be a need to put in an Audigy2 unless you want EAX3 or DVD audio support. Now anolog out on the SoundStorm is a different story ;)

Enjoy the new system.

b00bie
07-11-03, 10:30 PM
so, did you order all of it yet?

B&R
07-12-03, 08:39 PM
Good choice have fun.. however i would have suggested ASUS.. well it too late now and abit is not bad.:)

stncttr908
07-12-03, 11:03 PM
According to Fedex, it left their facility in LA early this morning. Do they do transport on weekends? If I recall, they just don't deliver on Saturday or Sunday unless you pay extra. If that's the case, it probably should be at my door on either Monday or Tuesday. The crappy thing is I have college orientation Tuesday into Wednesday, and then work Wednesday night! So unless it comes in on Monday, I won't get to play with my new toys until Thursday.

Oh well. :D

b00bie
07-12-03, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by stncttr908
According to Fedex, it left their facility in LA early this morning. Do they do transport on weekends? If I recall, they just don't deliver on Saturday or Sunday unless you pay extra. If that's the case, it probably should be at my door on either Monday or Tuesday. The crappy thing is I have college orientation Tuesday into Wednesday, and then work Wednesday night! So unless it comes in on Monday, I won't get to play with my new toys until Thursday.

Oh well. :D

Well, if you look at the tracking number, they should say the estimated date for delivery. 99% of the time, it comes on that day! If you ordered from newegg, they also have some of their stuff here in NJ. So you might get some stuff sooner.

BTW I hope you enjoy your new system. :D ;)

stncttr908
07-13-03, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by b00bie
Well, if you look at the tracking number, they should say the estimated date for delivery. 99% of the time, it comes on that day! If you ordered from newegg, they also have some of their stuff here in NJ. So you might get some stuff sooner.

BTW I hope you enjoy your new system. :D ;) They're all coming from CA. Oh well, it's for the better probably. If some came earlier, I'd have to look at it and wish the rest had arrived. That, and I'd be pissed if I'd spent that good money for shipping and it came from down the road...

The estimated date is Wednesday by 4:30. Blast! Oh well. Thanks for the well wishes everyone.

jAkUp
07-13-03, 02:04 AM
now that is a kick ass system... and a wonderful motherboard too. (abit always makes very good overclockers;) )

well... as for a suggestion, you could always ditch the floppy:D

CaptNKILL
07-13-03, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by jAkUp
and a wonderful motherboard too. (abit always makes very good overclockers;) )

:super: :thumbsup: :headbang: (pimp)
|
|
|
\/

stncttr908
07-13-03, 06:29 PM
I'm going to want to hook up the new system to my current rig to transfer over some files. I was just reading the xbox thread and it occured to me that I might need different cable to do this. Do I?

digitalwanderer
07-13-03, 06:50 PM
I'm going to want to hook up the new system to my current rig to transfer over some files. I was just reading the xbox thread and it occured to me that I might need different cable to do this. Do I?
Do you have any kind of network set up on your current rig? Or are you just talking about hooking up two computers directly by linking 'em with a cable from one ethernet card to another?

If so, you're gonna be either wanting to get or make a "cross-over cable" to connect 'em....you basically gotta switch a few wires on a standard networking cable from my understanding, but it was too over my head so I just jumped into networking with a cheap linksys kit that had a couple of 10/100 NICs and a 4-port hub. (I got a DSLrouter now instead that I just love to death, if you got broadband it is an absolute MUST as far as I am concerned. :) )

stncttr908
07-13-03, 07:27 PM
Linking them. I'll probably just head over to radio shack or something and get some cable.

Skuzzy
07-13-03, 10:35 PM
Office Depot (of all places) sells a good variety of Ethernet crossover cables. (I dunt thing they know what they are :D). Nice rig.

stncttr908
07-13-03, 11:46 PM
Thanks man. There is an Office Depot not far from me place. I'll pick up say a 6' cable, that should be all I'll need for the quick transfer.

Would I just need a CAT5 crossover cable or would I need the RJ-45M to RJ-45M cable? Networking is surely not my thing. At least not yet.

digitalwanderer
07-14-03, 01:24 AM
Thanks man. There is an Office Depot not far from me place. I'll pick up say a 6' cable, that should be all I'll need for the quick transfer.

Would I just need a CAT5 crossover cable or would I need the RJ-45M to RJ-45M cable? Networking is surely not my thing. At least not yet.
Uhm, CAT5 is a specification on the cable itself while the RJ-45M is the connector type. (The plug thingy. ;) )

Make sure you get one that will fit both your network cards and is a crossover and you should be alright. Cat5 is just a high-spec cable, you won't really need it for what you're doing but it never hurts either. :)

yoladude
07-14-03, 02:10 AM
nice system.....few words.
yea, fedex ships over the weekend, but you won't get it delivered to your front door until a business day. also, if u ordered it from newegg, there's a good chance it'll get there a day or two earlier.

and the z-640s, while not thx certified, absolutely kick ass. i've used them with onboard sound (no 5.1.....damn).....sound blaster live, which i returned, and am soon to be using them with an audigy gamer.

stncttr908
07-14-03, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
Uhm, CAT5 is a specification on the cable itself while the RJ-45M is the connector type. (The plug thingy. ;) )

Make sure you get one that will fit both your network cards and is a crossover and you should be alright. Cat5 is just a high-spec cable, you won't really need it for what you're doing but it never hurts either. :) Thanks! As I said, I'm networking impaired. The Cat5 cable 10' is only $3.95, and if it'll do the trick, then that's what I'll get.

stncttr908
07-14-03, 10:58 PM
Either Fedex just isn't updating their tracking, or my package has been sitting in CA for 3 days. If it's the latter, someone is going to ****ing die.

b00bie
07-14-03, 11:17 PM
Either Fedex just isn't updating their tracking, or my package has been sitting in CA for 3 days. If it's the latter, someone is going to ****ing die.

they will update when it gets to NJ. don't worry d00d. you'll see an update tomorrow afternoon most probably ;)

stncttr908
07-16-03, 08:14 PM
It's all here, waiting for me when I got home. I'll have at it after dinner. Also, I returned from my NJIT orientation today, and a brand new P4 system came with me. All I have to pay is a low maintenance fee each semester, which will probably be waived since I plan on getting a job at the computer repair place on campus.

digitalwanderer
07-16-03, 08:41 PM
Mmmmmm.......Barton 2500+.......mmmmmmmm.

Is it just me, or does it seem like an awful lot of people just recently decided to upgrade to these at once? :lol: