PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong with this picture?

saturnotaku
07-11-03, 09:23 AM
Link (http://www.buyxtremegear.com/al4.html)

Someone want to tell me what's not quite right about that link? Some of these retailers must really think people are stupid. I sure hope Newegg gets these cards in stock...and soon.

ragejg
07-11-03, 09:29 AM
...Just another slightly untrustable hardware vendor... I've seen swiss cheese holes in their pricing before... this deoesn't surprise me... Maybe someone should call them and make sure their pricing is correct...

:rolleyes:

:)

BigFish7
07-11-03, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by ragejg
...Just another slightly untrustable hardware vendor... I've seen swiss cheese holes in their pricing before... this deoesn't surprise me... Maybe someone should call them and make sure their pricing is correct...

:rolleyes:

:)

it's all good the funny thing is that ithink they meant
Regular price: $448.00 not $348

BigFish7
07-11-03, 09:43 AM
the thing i wanna know about the card is this:
whether i can or can not spin up the extra fan meaning runing all 3 in one and not 2 + 1 in case it fails

combat_wombat
07-11-03, 11:14 AM
I ordered my Albatron FX 5900 from monarch computer, they are atleast trustworthy. I can't wait to get it! I hope it overclocks like a mofo

Smokey
07-11-03, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by BigFish7
it's all good the funny thing is that ithink they meant
Regular price: $448.00 not $348

Heh why would you advertise the sale price higher than the regular, not a good way of atracting business :p

CaptNKILL
07-11-03, 02:20 PM
I dont see anything wrong here, its not that much lower than other vendors....

At least these guys KNOW they cant sell these at $400 when the Radeon 9800\9700 Pros are under $300 :)

EDIT: Never shop without checking www.resellerratings.com first.
http://www.resellerratings.com/seller2753.html

See? They have a very respectable 7.99 average. Id buy from them...

Smokey
07-11-03, 03:31 PM
:lol2:

Regular price: $348.00Sale price: $369.00

:rofl

extreme_dB
07-11-03, 06:04 PM
That reminds me that I have to leave a scathing remark about Monarch Computer on resellerratings.com. They duped me on shipping by giving me two different receipts, and didn't disclose extra charges in an apparent manner. I bought a Zalman heatsink from them for ~$25, and ended up paying ~$25 on shipping!

Riff
07-11-03, 06:19 PM
For what its worth, I ordered my eVga 5900 Ultra from BuyXtremeGear and they billed correctly and got the card to me overnight as I had paid for. I don't know if their listed price for this particular card is correct but I doubt that they are deliberately trying to deceive people if it is incorrect. The only down side of buying online from BuyXtremeTech is that the order system is not fully automated and they expect you to fax in a copy of both sides of your credit card and the front of your drivers license, even after your credit card has been authorized online. Apart from this minor annoyance, I have no complaints.

GlowStick
07-11-03, 06:28 PM
VC-125-106Regular price: $348.00Sale price: $369.00

Bingo.

Meanwhile, wernt these the guys who put up a 5600ultra for cheep? then cancled most peoples orders?

I never trust yahoo stores, accept Xoxide heh.

CaptNKILL
07-11-03, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Riff
The only down side of buying online from BuyXtremeTech is that the order system is not fully automated and they expect you to fax in a copy of both sides of your credit card and the front of your drivers license, even after your credit card has been authorized online. Apart from this minor annoyance, I have no complaints.

Whaaa???

Ive never even SEEN a fax machine in my whole life. How do they expect to get a lot of buisiness when their customers are required to have a stupid piece of hardware like that?

Do you think maybe you just did some extra varification? I dont think anyone in their right mind would REQUIRE something like that.

BigFish7
07-11-03, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Smokey
Heh why would you advertise the sale price higher than the regular, not a good way of atracting business :p

:rofl mismatched :) all i meant is:" change the prices for the written", bah stupid me...

ricercar
07-11-03, 07:13 PM
BuyExtremeGear screwed me on a $20 order. No way I'd spend my money there ever again.

The package was opened and product was missing but they refused to return phone calls or email. there's only so far I'm willing to go for a $20 refund, but BuyExtremeGear pissed me off enough to go that far.

****ers