PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got Albatron 5900 Ultra?

AthlonXP1800
07-12-03, 11:01 AM
I never seen a picture of Albatron 5900 Ultra, will it use reference design cooler or Albatron own triple fans design? I wanted to know about it cos the shop I called in Glasgow, UK may will get Albatron 5900 Ultra 256Mb in stock by next thursday for 339, it seem to be the cheapest 5900 Ultra in UK, it bundled everything with S cable, AV cable, VIVO adapter, DVI to VGA adapter, DVD software and a game. Sound very good price with all these goods that I may will get it next week. :D

Let me know if Albatron 5900 Ultra is any good?

CWB
07-12-03, 01:48 PM
I dont have one, nor have I seen any reviews yet...but here's a link to the Albatron page for it.

Wow. I thought their GF4s looked neat, but they just had an albatross sticker on the fan. This thing actually has a giant, triple-fan, albatross-shaped heatsink! Click the thumbnail for a nice photo/diagram of the card & cooler. Nice looking card...Id definitely buy it.

http://www.albatron.com.tw/english/it/vga/specification.asp?pro_id=68#

bkswaney
07-12-03, 07:10 PM
I like this one better than any of the others.
I think I'll get one of these myself. :)

I wonder when they will have them out for sale?
Any idea's?

bkswaney
07-12-03, 07:13 PM
Here is the 128mb one for sale.

http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=M&Product_Code=190606&Category_Code=VC-NV

B&R
07-12-03, 08:21 PM
The cooling looks good and hope it is effective.

bkswaney
07-12-03, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by B&R
The cooling looks good and hope it is effective.

It looks to cool 3 degrees cooler than the ref cooler.
What I really like is it has a backup fan.
If the ref cooler goes out your card will die.

It looks cool. Plus it has a blue light. ;)
Why not the rest of my case has lights. :D

But non of them will come close to the FlowFX.
It's the best cooling I've ever seen. Loud yes... cool yes. worth it yes. :) :)

My clock speeds say it all.

AthlonXP1800
07-13-03, 02:26 AM
I think I will have a try with Albatron 5900 Ultra, if it come with triple coolers, it will be running quiet at 25 dBA, equal to MSI twin coolers so I dont mind if it use either triple coolers or reference cooler. :D

B&R
07-13-03, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by bkswaney
It looks to cool 3 degrees cooler than the ref cooler.
What I really like is it has a backup fan.
If the ref cooler goes out your card will die.

It looks cool. Plus it has a blue light. ;)
Why not the rest of my case has lights. :D

But non of them will come close to the FlowFX.
It's the best cooling I've ever seen. Loud yes... cool yes. worth it yes. :) :)

My clock speeds say it all.
Oh good to know .. i have no idea abt 5900U cooling options but i have seen reviews thrashing FlowFX cooling. Again coo if u are happy with it.

prodikal
07-13-03, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by AthlonXP1800
I think I will have a try with Albatron 5900 Ultra, if it come with triple coolers, it will be running quiet at 25 dBA, equal to MSI twin coolers so I dont mind if it use either triple coolers or reference cooler. :D

If I'm not mistaken on their website albatron advertised the third cooler as their "patented" backup tehcnology or some crap. It does look cool tho. ;)