PDA

View Full Version : F5600U Rev2 costs revealed...


BigFish7
07-14-03, 07:24 AM
i found out that the cost for the FX5600 rev2 400/800 would be 165$ street price (it was calculated using the jap prices +-).

The information regarding the MSI model.

nothing more just info...

UPDATE: i made a mistake (stupid $ convertor) the right price should be about 185$

ragejg
07-14-03, 09:58 AM
That's an attractive price...

*me droolz*

Gawd I can't wait fer them to hit retail shelves...

That is, IF they can stand high AGP freq's... ;)

The Baron
07-14-03, 10:04 AM
Holy Crap, that's really cheap... Does it beat the 9600 Pro?

BigFish7
07-14-03, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by The Baron
Holy Crap, that's really cheap... Does it beat the 9600 Pro?
yeap it does...
here have a look note to yourself that they use older DetFX
44.03v the new 44.71 or 44.90 should show better performance...

here is a link to a nice review: translator should be used
http://www.gzeasy.com (http://www.gzeasy.com/sparticle.asp?aTitle=Y2K03+7%D4%C2%CF%D4%BF%A8%D6% B8%C4%CF&offset=3)


UPDATE:A MISTAKE WAS MADE IN THE CONVERSION THE PRICE STANDS ON 185$~

Although it's pricey then 9600pro ultra (rev 2, 400/680) it's well worth the $.

ragejg
07-14-03, 10:56 AM
yah, they OC real nice, too...

BigFish7
07-14-03, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by ragejg
yah, they OC real nice, too...
yeap stable cards were seen on 490/915 which is godly...
we are talking about 12.5%/14.5% which is great for such high speeds already...

stncttr908
07-14-03, 11:53 AM
Why would you want to pay that much for a card that a < $100 GF4 ti4200 can beat? :rolleyes:

Kev1
07-14-03, 12:12 PM
And the graphs I saw had the new flip chip 5600 ultra at 400/800 losing damn near every single benchmark to a Ti 4800 :( I cannot understand how that can be, but it is.

Maybe the 5600 Ultra is still a good video card, but it increasingly seems to me that if your buying a video card now and want to play future titles well, that a GFFX 5800/5900 (Or Ultra, or 9700, 9800) are the only video cards to get :rolleyes:

BigFish7
07-14-03, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by stncttr908
Why would you want to pay that much for a card that a < $100 GF4 ti4200 can beat? :rolleyes:

you're j/k right?
the FX5600U rev2 B3aT the c*$p out of it...

BigFish7
07-14-03, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Kev1
And the graphs I saw had the new flip chip 5600 ultra at 400/800 losing damn near every single benchmark to a Ti 4800 :( I cannot understand how that can be, but it is.

Maybe the 5600 Ultra is still a good video card, but it increasingly seems to me that if your buying a video card now and want to play future titles well, that a GFFX 5800/5900 (Or Ultra, or 9700, 9800) are the only video cards to get :rolleyes:

as i said drivers...(new 44.90 are way better)
arg, the point of the FX5600U is "GOOD in everything" it performs well in every aspect with AA and AF with AA+AF and without the both of them that's teh point of the card...
the Ti series is fast in raw speed(no AA or AF or both of them)
me as a gamer i would like to see 60+ frames in every scenario...
who cares about 180 fps wihtout AA or AF???
what's the point in this card? this card is not bodget card but gamer's card...

StealthHawk
07-14-03, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by BigFish7
as i said drivers...(new 44.90 are way better)
arg, the point of the FX5600U is "GOOD in everything" it performs well in every aspect with AA and AF with AA+AF and without the both of them that's teh point of the card...
the Ti series is fast in raw speed(no AA or AF or both of them)
me as a gamer i would like to see 60+ frames in every scenario...
who cares about 180 fps wihtout AA or AF???
what's the point in this card? this card is not bodget card but gamer's card...

Yup, I'm sure if NVIDIA would include the same optimizations for the gf4Ti line as they include for the gfFX line the gf4Tis would be a lot closer with AF :(

ragejg
07-14-03, 09:21 PM
ugh, stealthHawk, that statement made my stomach a bit uneasy... it's true and I haven't thought about that in a while...

... whither GF3?

StealthHawk
07-14-03, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by ragejg
ugh, stealthHawk, that statement made my stomach a bit uneasy... it's true and I haven't thought about that in a while...

... whither GF3?

Yeah, it's pretty unfortunate that NVIDIA doesn't want to give non-FX users the same performance boosting optimizations as they do to FX users.

Geforce4ti4200
07-15-03, 03:37 AM
Originally posted by stncttr908
Why would you want to pay that much for a card that a < $100 GF4 ti4200 can beat? :rolleyes:


it beats the fx5600u in only a third of the benchmarks, but I agree the fx5600u is cripped in the core being only 4x1 so no supprise there. It does stack well to the crippled 9600 pro too. The ti4200 is still a great card minus dx9