PDA

View Full Version : Help me!!


AtVidia
07-14-03, 08:31 AM
Help me!!! i got a geforce4 ti 4400 i would like to sell it so i can get one of those directX 9 card (either a radeon 9500 pro or a geforce 5600 ultra) im not considering a radeon 9700 cause it's too expensive

if i sell my card on one of the shops here in my country, i would get a decent price and i could get the card i want by adding about around $50... my question is.... is it worth it? or i should just spend my money on upgrading my cpu and memory?

p0lish_p0w3r
07-14-03, 08:36 AM
wrong forum buddy
post that in the for sale section or in NV Graphics card

digitalwanderer
07-14-03, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by AtVidia
Help me!!! i got a geforce4 ti 4400 i would like to sell it so i can get one of those directX 9 card (either a radeon 9500 pro or a geforce 5600 ultra) im not considering a radeon 9700 cause it's too expensive

if i sell my card on one of the shops here in my country, i would get a decent price and i could get the card i want by adding about around $50... my question is.... is it worth it? or i should just spend my money on upgrading my cpu and memory?
It depends on the rest of your system specs, and I think this is the wrong lounge for your question too unless you plan on selling the GF4 here. :)

AtVidia
07-14-03, 10:07 AM
i got a p4 1.8 and 256 DDR pc 2700.
btw, what lounge should i go too then?

stncttr908
07-14-03, 10:42 AM
This will be moved to another section, but I'll just post right now as that's where it is.

That really all depends on what CPU and board you have. Could you let us in on that first? I don't think that either a 5600 or 9500 pro would be a very big leap over the ti4400 if any. I'd save up some more dough for a 9800 pro or regular FX 5900 128MB personally.

p0lish_p0w3r
07-14-03, 10:56 AM
listen to the wise
save up !
ur fine with 4400 for another few months
...till dx9 games come out

digitalwanderer
07-14-03, 10:57 AM
A 9600 will give him a nice jump in performance with eye-candy on though compared to a GF4, BIG TIME! :)

vampireuk
07-14-03, 12:39 PM
here should do *hurls it over*:D

digitalwanderer
07-14-03, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by AtVidia
i got a p4 1.8 and 256 DDR pc 2700.
btw, what lounge should i go too then?
If you're running winXP you'd be much better off getting another 256Mb of ram to see the biggest performance boost. :)

stncttr908
07-14-03, 12:50 PM
Listen to the man, he's right.

The Baron
07-14-03, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
If you're running winXP you'd be much better off getting another 256Mb of ram to see the biggest performance boost. :)
The Dig is wise. Running WinXP with 256 megs of RAM is filled with pain and agony.

p0lish_p0w3r
07-14-03, 02:04 PM
1. Get another 256 mb of ram
2. Overclock your p4 to 2.1 maybe 2.2
3. SAVE $$$$
4. Buy a dx9 card when the games for it come out!



....... make sure ur monitor is at least a good quality 17" and dont forget bout the Powers Supply - u should be running 350-400 minimum

saturnotaku
07-14-03, 02:06 PM
Yes it is a pain many of us know all too well. The first thing I did when I got my laptop was upgrade it to 512 mb of RAM and it made all the difference in the world. Do that, then keep your Ti4400 for a while longer until DX9 games come out (Half-Life 2 being one of them). By that time, the Radeon 9700 line should be down in price even more.

AtVidia
07-15-03, 10:09 AM
Thanks guys!! i made my descision, i'll upgrade my memory then, although i'm not so sure about overclocking.. once i overclock my gpu (geforce3 ti 500) and it crash.. talk about traumatize..


well, thanks again!! :)

bkswaney
07-15-03, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by AtVidia
Thanks guys!! i made my descision, i'll upgrade my memory then, although i'm not so sure about overclocking.. once i overclock my gpu (geforce3 ti 500) and it crash.. talk about traumatize..


well, thanks again!! :)

Yes... XP needs at least 512 megs for sure.
1024 is the best. :)