PDA

View Full Version : 8600M GT 256mb + aion online = bad

sabotage88
02-17-10, 08:31 PM
Hello friends, iam new here.

I have this alienware m15x laptop with the above mentioned video card.

I have tried to install all the possible drivers out there and the game always does the same thing.

Basically after a few minutes, or a few hours, half of the screen gets glitched out, and becomes like these horizontal lines while the other half remains the same

It only happensafter i launch aion, so when this glitch occurs i have to restart the computer for the screen to go normal again.

I have talked with a few people and they told me that the drivers need to be written by me, which i have no idea how to do.

I was wondering if any of you tech geniuses know about this problem and could find a solution for me ?

sabotage88
02-18-10, 01:04 PM
If any developer who understands my problem, please contact me on aim or msn

aim - KRZYrussian88

msn -fapsterfapfap@gmail.com

we can discuss how i can pay for the driver, for my system.

I appreciate

Dr.Nick
02-18-10, 06:12 PM
Are you running the latest 195.62 set? If its happening after some time it might be a hardware/heat issue. Does it happen with other games?

Also you don't have to pay anyone for drivers! Please don't do that if a scumbag comes to you asking for money

sabotage88
02-18-10, 09:38 PM
Are you running the latest 195.62 set? If its happening after some time it might be a hardware/heat issue. Does it happen with other games?

Also you don't have to pay anyone for drivers! Please don't do that if a scumbag comes to you asking for money

I've tried all kinds of drivers

the 195.62 does the same thing, iam going to try and take a screenshot for you

Also, is there anyway to find out if it is indeed overheating issue ?

Also, i'd like to add that the glitch happens on weird timing, sometimes i can play for a whole day, sometimes it happens as soon as i start the game

UPD: Just tried to install 195.62 drivers, they did not even recognise my video card.

UPD: seems like all the drivers past 186.81 do not want to recognize the video card.

Iam thinking upgrading the card to 8800M GTX, would that be a wise decision ?

Dr.Nick
02-20-10, 08:03 AM
Try a couple of other games to see if it also happening to them. Also if it is happening after some use and at different times it could be hardware related.

ooschismoo
03-24-10, 04:22 PM
im having the exact same problem. its so annoying...kinda turned me off from aion for a while but now i wanna play again...u have any luck fixing it?

ooschismoo
04-21-10, 01:26 AM
bump

Sittal
04-22-10, 11:34 AM
Thecleric - Ariel here, I fixed this issue on my laptop by using rivatuner to adjust the fan speed. I monitored my temps and they would SKYROCKET during aion, more than crysis! I turned the fan speed up to 100% and I play just fine.