PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed2 DRM to PC will punish you.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

BioHazZarD
02-18-10, 08:16 AM
WOW, if this is not an excuse to NOT buy games from ubisoft ever again i dont know what is, read this

In the case of Assassin's Creed II PC, a single-player game, players will lose any progress since the last checkpoint in the event that they briefly lose their connection to Ubisoft's master servers, be it because of client-side or server-side issues.
http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/62412

I wont touch this game even if someone give it to me for free.
:thumbdwn:

Crow_Nest
02-18-10, 08:34 AM
And they wonder why people pirate games... This is worse than GFWL.

Q
02-18-10, 08:37 AM
The only thing that can kill PC gaming is the PC gaming industry.

Bearclaw
02-18-10, 09:17 AM
****ing iidiots.

HiCZoK4
02-18-10, 09:18 AM
And that is why I am getting console.

When I was kiddo I told myself, that I will end with PC gaming when DNF will come out. I started with Duke and end with Duke :lol:

I will need console to survive before it comes out

v3rninater
02-18-10, 09:19 AM
Honestly, more of an excuse to pirate now, GG Ubi!

Bearclaw
02-18-10, 09:42 AM
Honestly, more of an excuse to pirate now, GG Ubi!

Seriously, yes. Why the heck would a person want to go through with this? This promotes pirates and hackers.

Crow_Nest
02-18-10, 09:45 AM
Developers just need to wake up and realise that the more they try to protect their games, all the more people will pirate them. They are just adding fuel to the fire. Its like those bastardos who put DRM into music and charge you for it, WHHHHYYY?

Q
02-18-10, 09:53 AM
This will do nothing to stop pirates.

This will also do nothing to deter sales of the game in a significant way.

What it will do, however, is deter people from buying the next Assassins Creed or Ubisoft game if they have problems with this asinine protection scheme which I see happening more often than they are anticipating.

HiCZoK4
02-18-10, 10:08 AM
Pm torrent links on release date :lol:

Bearclaw
02-18-10, 10:55 AM
Seriously, that's all that will happen.

zoomy942
02-18-10, 11:41 AM
this is one of the reasons i got out of pc gaming. There was so much control over MY pc taken away by DRM's and copy protection methods. on a console, i just plug it in and go.

HiCZoK4
02-18-10, 11:42 AM
yep. Thats just it.

KasuCode
02-18-10, 12:25 PM
most people do not have a 100% solid connection. If this DRM is true there would be data loss left and right. WTF would someone put 20 hours into a game they bought to have it deleted because of an ISP problem.

I was looking forward to this game but unless Ubi corrects this. They wont make any money.

Its very upsettings because its like they are trying to **** all over the PC community and when it dies blame it on us.

BioHazZarD
02-18-10, 01:14 PM
No joke, if your router or whatever drops game will dump u back to main menu...

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/53157/Ubisofts-Cloud-Copy-Protection-Instantly-Kills-Your-Game-Should-Your-Net-Connection-Drop

|MaguS|
02-18-10, 01:28 PM
It wouldnt be so bad if they implemented a temp save file if the connection is dropped so the player doesn't lose all their unsaved progress. But in its current form its unacceptable, even by my DRM loving ass.

Think im going to go pick it up on the console now...

DansFace
02-18-10, 01:52 PM
How does this help stop piracy?

nekrosoft13
02-18-10, 02:02 PM
It wouldnt be so bad if they implemented a temp save file if the connection is dropped so the player doesn't lose all their unsaved progress. But in its current form its unacceptable, even by my DRM loving ass.

Think im going to go pick it up on the console now...

I have no qualms in saying, on the record, that if some nice fellow comes up with a crack, I will download and use it. I buy games legally, or have them sent to me free of charge, I'll admit, but won't support Ubisoft's latest shenanigans. As such, I will wait to see if a crack is developed for each Ubisoft title I'm interested in. If it is, I will buy the game. If not, I'll just have to miss out.

from voodoo

not you, but pirates will find any reason just to pirate a game

JasonPC
02-18-10, 02:08 PM
This sounds like a terrible implementation. I'll definitely be waiting for this game to be a steam special.

K007
02-18-10, 02:20 PM
ill take a pass on this, i will wait for steam special or something before i buy this game, i am sure this will be cracked as well.

frenchy2k1
02-18-10, 02:54 PM
it will most probably be patched out after they receive too many complaints.
Happens all the time...

grey_1
02-18-10, 03:08 PM
I wouldn't buy any title that had this implemented. That would end my interest in that title, period.

t3hl33td4rg0n
02-18-10, 04:05 PM
it will most probably be patched out after they receive too many complaints.
Happens all the time...

Not with Ubisoft, their customer support is terrible....

from voodoo

not you, but pirates will find any reason just to pirate a game

I generally dont buy a game unless its cracked, or is on steam/gog. Cracked games generally run better on my PC, and 99.9% of games released are cracked before they hit shelves or within 72 hours.

Sometimes, I'll bite the bullet and buy it anyway lawl.

breathemetal
02-18-10, 04:09 PM
No way in hell ill buy this pos.
Piratebay, here i may or may not come since pirating may or may not be bad depending on who you are here :)

NaitoSan
02-18-10, 04:59 PM
Do you realize this if you're gonna pirate it, you're not really helping PC gaming but make it worse for everyone, especially for honest gamers.

Just simply don't buy it and wait until at least for a patch or DRM remove kit.