PDA

View Full Version : MSU Contest - UT2k3 mods you liked?

jbirney
07-14-03, 01:49 PM
With Epic/nVidia's MSU contest deadline tomorrow we should see some awesome UT2k3 mods out now or very soon.

Was there any that you liked so far?

For me it was Chaos (www.planetunreal.com/chaotic) but I "MAY" be a bit biased ;)

Anyways just wanted to know which ones you liked.

The Baron
07-14-03, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by jbirney
With Epic/nVidia's MSU contest deadline tomorrow we should see some awesome UT2k3 mods out now or very soon.

Was there any that you liked so far?

For me it was Chaos (www.planetunreal.com/chaotic) but I "MAY" be a bit biased ;)

Anyways just wanted to know which ones you liked.
What the hell, we're not one of your favorite websites? ;)

|JuiceZ|
07-14-03, 03:17 PM
o yea, d/led some mods just last night, lovin' Face Off & Jungle Warfare but The Third Reich v2 looks to rock the boat, heh. Can't get enough of the Unreal goodness :afro2:

jbirney
07-14-03, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by The Baron
What the hell, we're not one of your favorite websites? ;)

No you are. I was trying to be a smart but. I have had ties for one of the above mentioned mods :)

Badash
07-14-03, 07:38 PM
I want to try the troopers mod
http://www.ut2003troopers.com/

adv1
07-15-03, 09:30 AM
To be honest I didn't like Chaos at all, but maybe it's just not my kind of mod.

Troopers is sadly a bit of a letdown, not fun at all

Conquest Marines is the best I've seen so far, and FaceOff is the best of all the CounterStrike - style mods.

The Baron
07-15-03, 09:41 AM
JB, I should give you my opinion on ChaosUT sometime (but first, I need to try ChaotUT2... my big complaint with ChaosUT? The sword wasn't cool enough. Needs to be really really hard to use well, but once you know how to use it well, you are absolutely unstoppable. Not this attack-or-block business. But hey, I still need to try ChaosUT2.)

Pafet
07-15-03, 09:41 AM
dragonballU (http://www.dragonballu.com/index.php)

don't know if it's in the contest. saw it by accident :rolleyes:

jbirney
07-15-03, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by The Baron
To be honest I didn't like Chaos at all, but maybe it's just not my kind of mod.

Troopers is sadly a bit of a letdown, not fun at all

Conquest Marines is the best I've seen so far, and FaceOff is the best of all the CounterStrike - style mods.

Hey no problem there. Not everyone will like it. Thanks for trying it though :)

Originally posted by adv1
JB, I should give you my opinion on ChaosUT sometime (but first, I need to try ChaotUT2... my big complaint with ChaosUT? The sword wasn't cool enough. Needs to be really really hard to use well, but once you know how to use it well, you are absolutely unstoppable. Not this attack-or-block business. But hey, I still need to try ChaosUT2.)

Uhmmm then dont download this one. The melee system was lacking in ChaosUT. I did not want that to happen with CUT2. However there was not enough time to do everything. So I dropped Melee stuff for now. Dont worry as its my #1 task on the next one. But I want to get close to JK2 style of combate were your movment determines your attack. Such things will take time to get it right. So I figured better spend the time to get it right vrs rushing just to have something melee-ish in this release.... sorry bout that.

The Baron
07-15-03, 03:42 PM
But I want to get close to JK2 style of combate were your movment determines your attack.
Ew. That worked decently, but the arcs were too wide and the system didn't give you enough control.

Plus there was that backstab/backsweep thing... :p

If you want a beta tester, lemme know. Being able to kill the guy with the Giant Guns when you're nothing but a master with the default weapon feels goooood.

jbirney
07-15-03, 07:38 PM
Ok good point. Not that we were goona copy every thing just the good parts then look at Rune to see what worked good there...and try to intergrate that to what we have now. Will keep U in touch when we get close enough to test. The key for us is how to handle animations. Its simple as a gametype. But as a mut we need to keep compatibility...

Mojo
07-23-03, 04:55 PM
FaceOff baby!