PDA

View Full Version : Command & Conquer 4

B0ne
02-19-10, 12:59 PM
Just pre-ordered the other day, haven't seen any threads for it yet, so I thought I'd ask; anyone else looking forward to it?

K007
02-19-10, 07:56 PM
eh..i know i will get it just for SP, but i am not too sure if the multiplayer will work too well, they seem to have changed the core play of what CnC was originally about.

Also SC2 beta is out...i still haven't got a key yet :(

nutcrackr
02-19-10, 08:01 PM
I tried the beta, I hated it. Don't like what they've done to the series.

JasonPC
02-19-10, 10:26 PM
Yeah won't be getting this one and I love C&C but this just is not C&C.

B0ne
02-20-10, 04:47 AM
I haven't played the beta, but I've read that they changed the resource system, but the article didn't elaborate further; how does resource gathering function now?

nutcrackr
02-20-10, 04:53 AM
I haven't played the beta, but I've read that they changed the resource system, but the article didn't elaborate further; how does resource gathering function now?
A tiberium crystal comes out of a special "chute" at set time intervals. You get any unit to go there and pick it up and take it to your base "zone", they are slower then they carry it.

NarcissistZero
02-20-10, 05:17 AM
I expect a ton of OMG ITS SO TERRIBLE comments when this comes out simply because it is not exactly like old CnC.

Same thing as when CnC3 came out, even though that game was awesome and pretty much exactly like CnC from the start.

Anyway, I will get it eventually, probably not at launch as there are too many awesome games coming out around it and I still have not finished the Red Alert 3 expansion.

K007
02-20-10, 05:35 AM
I expect a ton of OMG ITS SO TERRIBLE comments when this comes out simply because it is not exactly like old CnC.

Same thing as when CnC3 came out, even though that game was awesome and pretty much exactly like CnC from the start.

Anyway, I will get it eventually, probably not at launch as there are too many awesome games coming out around it and I still have not finished the Red Alert 3 expansion.

CnC3 was pretty similar to the old system. Just that the layout was a bit different.

CnC4 however has a big change to the actual core of the gameplay. I will still get this game because...i mean Kane!!!...the story has in the CnC series was always entertaining for me =).

AND KANE LIVES 4 EVER!!

XP_GUN
02-20-10, 03:02 PM
I don't know why, but C&C4 does not interest me as much as 3 did. :headexplode:

methimpikehoses
02-20-10, 03:12 PM
Red Alert FTW

JasonPC
02-20-10, 03:28 PM
This game is trying too hard to be like Dawn of War or Company of Heroes. If I wanted to play that I would have bought those games. I hated the people who complained that C&C3 didn't do anything different. Now they are going to be wishing they wouldn't have said that as I predict this game to bomb.

And as for the people going out to buy this game thinking it's a C&C game... They are going to be wondering wtf is this crap.

Zenoth
02-20-10, 11:06 PM
I really liked C&C 3, contrarily to many others out there, but really, no base building in a freakin' C&C game is like... removing Duke Nukem from any Duke Nukem game, or removing Sonic in a Sonic game, you DON'T want - as a developer - to remove base building in a C&C game whatever the story is, whatever Kane says, you just really don't want to do something like that. I for one will simply not buy C&C 4, but I will certainly eventually go on YouTube and watch the cut-scenes to learn about the story itself, but I just won't bother playing it. I'm still having fun from time to time with C&C 3, and C&C 2 (A.K.A Tiberian Sun) and the C&C classics, so I have plenty of C&C games to play other than "having to" rely only on C&C 4 just because it's new, they just screwed it up for me by removing base building, if I wanted something like that I'd be playing DoW II, which I do own anyway.

jcossin
02-23-10, 05:32 PM
I joined up for the C&C 4 beta and loaded it the other day. It has multiplayer only, but I was totally lost...

I've played every C&C that has been around, even played Dune 2 back in the day. This game doesn't feel like C&C at all. I really enjoy building up my base and I don't think I'm going to buy this one. At least I can keep playing C&C 3 and the expansion for now. Hopefully they won't ruin Red Alert this way too...

NarcissistZero
02-23-10, 06:37 PM
OMG IT'S DIFFERENT KILL IT!

JasonPC
02-23-10, 09:06 PM
Maybe if it were different and good people would have a different tune. But it's different and basically a bad ripoff with silly gameplay mechanics. And they made these changes with very flawed reasoning. "We don't want new players being intimidated by experienced players" "we want this game to be like the FPS of strategy games" etc...