PDA

View Full Version : Help with SLI profile section of drivers

Jon
02-19-10, 05:34 PM
I'm really confused as to how to set up SLI profiles in the drivers. For example, I have bioshock 2 installed. If I go to program settings, its not in the list of installed programs. If I untick only show installed programs, there is an entry for bioshock 2. So...

1:- Since it hasn't detected bioshock 2 is installed, does that mean its using my global settings instead?

2:- How do I get it to recognise that I have bioshock 2 installed and to use the SLI profile nvidia have provided?

3:- If I click Add and manually add it, does it create me my own profile for the game and therefore ignore the nvidia provided one.

degust
02-19-10, 05:42 PM
Detection works on the name of executable. If you launch Bioshock2.exe and a driver have a profile for that executable it will be applied even if the CPL detection (via the registry I suppose) failed.
Not sure about your third question since I never use NV's CPL to add profiles.

Jon
02-20-10, 01:00 PM
Detection works on the name of executable. If you launch Bioshock2.exe and a driver have a profile for that executable it will be applied even if the CPL detection (via the registry I suppose) failed.
Not sure about your third question since I never use NV's CPL to add profiles.

Ah, ok thanks. That makes a lot of sense. For example why simply renaming an executable suddenly makes sli work. I tried a couple of games in the not installed list and changed them from sli to single gpu to back again whilst using fraps. There was a big difference in framerate. So it appears sli is working, but for some reason, none of my games appear in the installed list.