PDA

View Full Version : Four monitors?

Savage101
07-14-03, 02:22 PM
Can anyone tell me why I have four monitors listed in my Device Manager? I have three defaults and my Mistubishi in there. Is it supposed to be like that? I'm running a 5900U with the 44.67 drivers.
Thx

volt
07-14-03, 03:48 PM
Do you have your TV connected to the card? Did you install the new set without removing the old ones? Perhaps you upgraded your hardware and used your old windows installation?

The Baron
07-14-03, 03:49 PM
I blame Windows. It happens occasionally just when Windows has a brain fart.

Doesn't really affect anything in the least, but get rid of all of them and let it be redetected anyway.

volt
07-14-03, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by The Baron
I blame Windows. It happens occasionally just when Windows has a brain fart.

Doesn't really affect anything in the least, but get rid of all of them and let it be redetected anyway.

It's a common problem when you upgrade your hardware without formatting your HD. Might not be the case here though.

Savage101
07-14-03, 04:24 PM
Thx for the quick replies guys. Yes, I do have my TV hooked up and I have done a clean install of XP. I have however, upgraded through afew driver sets so maybe it something left over? I have uninstalling them to let windows redetect, but it alsways finds four displays. It don't look to be causing any probs so I guess it's ok.
Thx

volt
07-15-03, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by Savage101
Thx for the quick replies guys. Yes, I do have my TV hooked up and I have done a clean install of XP. I have however, upgraded through afew driver sets so maybe it something left over? I have uninstalling them to let windows redetect, but it alsways finds four displays. It don't look to be causing any probs so I guess it's ok.
Thx

There is something wrong with Dets when TV is hooked up. Windows detects 4 default monitors and either plug and play or a brand name monitor. The Dets will most likely use default monitor. I haven't found a way around this. Redetecting the monitors doesn't do any good, nor reinstalling the drivers will. Everything will work fine but it's kind of annoying.

Savage101
07-15-03, 02:10 PM
Ahh, that explains it, thx for letting me know. I also just upgraded to the 44.71's and their all still there. No problem though, Windows still sees my monitor correctly and everything runs great. These new drivers are great btw, best I've used yet.
Thx alot