View Full Version : wow, ROCCAT

nekrosoft13
02-21-10, 10:47 PM
check out this keyboard
http://www.roccat.org/Products/Gaming-Keyboards/ROCCAT-Valo/

and mouse
http://www.roccat.org/Products/Gaming-Mice/ROCCAT-Kone/
http://www.roccat.org/Products/Gaming-Mice/ROCCAT-Kova/

looks really good, Logitech, razer, saitek finally got some good competition.

CaptNKILL
02-22-10, 12:11 AM
Yeah those look really nice.

I especially like the high polling rate and the onboard processor on the Kone mouse. Seriously, the mouse has a processor so you can get an insanely high polling rate without adding extra CPU load. I never would have thought of this, but its an awesome idea. :thumbsup:

The keyboard isn't low profile though. I only use low profile laptop-style keyboards ever since using a Logitech Ultra X Flat.

nekrosoft13
02-22-10, 12:26 AM
not a big fan of low profile keyboards, don't like how keys click/react.

logan
02-22-10, 12:33 AM
I've been monitoring my CPU/GPU temps and fan speeds alot lately after installing some new hardware in both of my systems, (assuming you could program it to show those) it'd be nice to see all that while playing a game instead of waiting to see what's going on when I exit. The requirements list Windows though, probably just for the configuration utility and display. :/ Wrong enter key for me too. D: I have a hard time finding keyboards I like, with the right layout, feel, and a reasonable appearance. I like my $6 USB keyboard, but I'd also like something with a backlight.

I think I'd have more luck with the mice on Linux, but it looks like they're both wired and wired mice drive me bonkers.

CaptNKILL
02-22-10, 12:50 AM
not a big fan of low profile keyboards, don't like how keys click/react.

I love it.

The instant on-off feel is perfect for gaming and typing IMO. Standard keys just seem to travel too much before they work and they have a "mushy" tactile response.

I don't really dislike standard keyboards, especially good ones, but I definitely prefer low profile keys.

I just wish there were more full size keyboards that used them. The only recent design I know of is the Logitech Illuminated Keyboard, which is pretty expensive for a keyboard and I don't need the illumination at all. Amazon has them for $60... which is too much for a keyboard for me. Some of the letters are starting to wear off of my Ultra X Flat after several years and I'll probably just replace it with another one if I can still find them somewhere. They changed them at some point and gave them that stupid old-style enter key that's way too big. I doubt the originals are still around. Heck, mine is PS/2. Its not even USB.

wysiwyg
02-22-10, 07:07 AM
love my Kone, very responsive and comfy mouse

bacon12
02-22-10, 11:21 AM
Yea I wanted to buy a Rocat about a year or so ago when a friend from the UK was bragging about his but they didn't sell in the US at that time.

Looks like performance PCs is a retailer now, will have to consider it again, but I do love my steelseries Ikari lazer. Best gaming mouse I have ever owned.

Logical
02-22-10, 11:25 AM
The Roccat mice have very good performance and comfortness, they are widley being used in esports; the Kone is especially my fave.

If i didn't own a Logitech G9 then i would definately own a Roccat Kone. They are very similar.

H4yd3n
02-22-10, 12:00 PM
The keyboard looks nice, but I'm not a fan of such flat keys, I like tall keys, I can type faster and with greater precision.

EDIT:

That Kova mouse is sexy as hell, might be time to replace my Copperhead. Although, it's a bit bulky, I prefer flat mice.