PDA

View Full Version : Supreme Commander 2 videos, and Demo on feb 24th

nekrosoft13
02-23-10, 03:48 PM
pQlzxA8ULlg

8FCiY0F38RY

Guest-61: So the PC demo already has a date? If so, when?
ChrisT-Square: Okay, just checked, and it's looking like Feb 24th! and for the 360 it's March 4th. However, take those with a grain of salt, as anything can go wonky to delay those a few more days. Just saying!

Guest-35: Hi Chris, Will the demo be MP or SP? Thanks
ChrisT-Square: SP only in the demo... but here's what we did... we are including some maps that occur later in the campaign so you aren't playing the simple opening map, which is pretty short... we wanted to give players a taste of something way cooler. We're breaking the rules! lol.

http://www.ggmania.com/?smsid=28562

v3rninater
02-23-10, 03:54 PM
I'm looking forward to this game, played the first one, was massive and very detailed!

Armed_Baboon
02-23-10, 06:47 PM
yep, looking foward to it too. you don't get too many deep strategy games these days with resource harvesting, economy management etc.

they say SupCom1 was very complicated with regards to the economy, but I never found it very hard. It was just a matter of energy and matter - keep both meters in the green.

Not too much different from wood, food and stone in warcraft II.

I'm really turned off this trend of no resource farming, hardly any unit building etc in modern RTS. I like the economy management best.

-=DVS=-
02-23-10, 10:24 PM
Pulinsmash WTF were they smoking, we surely don't need POS units with crappy names :thumbdwn:

Armed_Baboon
02-23-10, 10:37 PM
Pulinsmash WTF were they smoking, we surely don't need POS units with crappy names :thumbdwn:

I heard the next unit announced will be the "rub'n'tug"

Aphot
02-23-10, 11:54 PM
Already pre-ordered on steam.

B0ne
02-24-10, 09:25 AM
No sign of demo yet

B0ne
02-24-10, 04:49 PM
Demo on steam now! Downloading @ 1.1mbs

Armed_Baboon
02-24-10, 05:19 PM
I don't think I could play a demo of this game. I'd rather read a review and start from the start.

methimpikehoses
02-24-10, 05:28 PM
They better release this in a hurry because SCII sales will obliterate it.

B0ne
02-24-10, 07:26 PM
Not a bad game. The characters are cheesy though and not good C&C style cheese :headexplode:

The only main gripe with gameplay I have is the wholesale nature of buying units and buildings, you used to be able to order any number of units or buildings to be built and as long as you kept resources coming in they'd get built eventually, but now you need the resources before you build, which can be a bit annoying when trying to queue a lot of build orders.

nekrosoft13
02-24-10, 07:28 PM
thats a huge let down, i can't believe they would change that. it was like that since total annihilation, it was part of gameplay.

B0ne
02-24-10, 07:43 PM
I know :/ no more nano-stalling.

All devs seem to be simplifying their RTS games these days.:(

v3rninater
02-24-10, 11:28 PM
I know :/ no more nano-stalling.

All devs seem to be consolizing their games these days.:(

Fixed...

methimpikehoses
02-25-10, 12:49 AM
The only main gripe with gameplay I have is the wholesale nature of buying units and buildings, you used to be able to order any number of units or buildings to be built and as long as you kept resources coming in they'd get built eventually, but now you need the resources before you build, which can be a bit annoying when trying to queue a lot of build orders.

wtf :headexplode::thumbdwn:

NarcissistZero
02-25-10, 05:14 AM
Fixed...

Considering most of them are PC exclusives, i.e. CnC4 and Dawn of War 2, I think it is simplification, not consolization.

I knew from the PC Gamer article on this they were shooting for casual gamers with 10 year old PCs, they said that flat-out in the article.

And yes the game looks like ass.

Madpistol
02-25-10, 07:09 AM
I was hoping the graphics and gameplay would be a step forward. Unfortunately, it seems that both have taken a step backwards.

What gives? Is this seriously the much anticipated sequal to one of the best (IMO) RTS games of this era? I'm pretty disappointed. :(

methimpikehoses
02-25-10, 09:49 AM
Yeah this version looks worse! Unbelievable.

JasonPC
02-25-10, 11:04 PM
Oy WTF happened to Supreme Commander. This has been a bad year for strategy games the only beacon of hope is that at least N:TW is decent.

NarcissistZero
02-25-10, 11:47 PM
I think Starcraft 2 might perk it all up just a bit.

JasonPC
02-26-10, 12:01 AM
Yes it just feels a bit like a ghost similar to Alan Wake. ;) You know it's coming out but it doesn't feel like it. I guess if I would have gotten in the beta it would have felt like it.

nekrosoft13
11-07-10, 09:25 PM
those that bought the game, would you recommend it?

its on sale on steam right now.

Roadhog
11-07-10, 09:28 PM
those that bought the game, would you recommend it?

its on sale on steam right now.

if you like rts' yeah. I play the hell out of it.

v3rninater
11-07-10, 09:51 PM
I didn't like it, it was like going from Deus Ex 1 to DX2...really bad move for this game.

Roadhog
11-07-10, 10:01 PM
I didn't like it, it was like going from Deus Ex 1 to DX2...really bad move for this game.

Meh, that was my initial impression. But now they have added new units, changed the economy and everything. Its basically a whole new game.