PDA

View Full Version : PlayClaw - (Fraps Alternative)

K007
02-26-10, 04:30 AM
Anyone used this? It seems the way playclaw does its recording doesn't drop the framerate in the game. So you can still run your ingame framerate at max possible settings, and record to 30fps video/etc or w/e setting you want.

One thing i hate about Fraps is the dam fps drops/strain on the pc is pretty high, kinda annoying when your playing a game like mw2, and it the 'lag' kicks in when you record.

ragejg
02-26-10, 05:13 AM
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/funny-pictures-interesting-cat.jpg

Did Bearclaw make Playclaw?

... Sounds worth checking into.

Hercules
02-26-10, 05:45 AM
It still cuts my fps to half and record uncompressed, which is good, but i need a codec do read, since MPHC wont do it.
On the good side it does n t not lag like Fraps although like i said the impact on performance is pretty much the same.
Maybe iīm configuring something wrong....

Revs
02-26-10, 05:48 AM
Does it support LCD's on G-series Logitech keyboards?

K007
02-26-10, 06:04 AM
no it seems the way it records it wont cut ure fps down, thats the advantage it seems. i used the trial it gives u 15 days full version. there is also a little overlay as well that gives some good info as you record, and impossible to see unless ure looking at it.

those with quad cores will like it i think...the more you the better it seems to be..

and fraps is very solid, i think with a beefy system it can record very well, but...sometimes it does drop a bit in frame rate due to the stress on the system. i can do 60 fps on mw2 for example, but i can dip to 50s when there is smoke/etc and sometimes low 40s...and this..is pretty dam annoying when ure playing a live game...(yay...recording demos give player advantage lol...lets remove it from mw2)

MikeC
02-26-10, 06:54 AM
Assign recordings to a WD Raptor HDD :)

Hercules
02-26-10, 07:16 AM
I have assigned it to 4 cores and still cuts my fps to half. It was some useful info like GPU Load and temps.
Itīs not worst then fraps, as soon i can see what video format with record might keep it.

K007
02-26-10, 07:39 AM
lol yea i actually have fraps recording to another drive, its more that my gpu/cpu is just running out of juice if there is too much action.

maybe u should try putting 1 or 2...and not ure entire cpu on it while u play a game lol

Hercules
02-26-10, 08:48 AM
lol yea i actually have fraps recording to another drive, its more that my gpu/cpu is just running out of juice if there is too much action.

maybe u should try putting 1 or 2...and not ure entire cpu on it while u play a game lol

Heheheh. That makes sense:)
Il give it a goo later on, but i really like the possibility to see in real time the Gpu load and temps.
Itīs a keeper.