PDA

View Full Version : HOT DEAL: Batman AA for $12.49

Pages : [1] 2

ragejg
02-26-10, 04:18 AM
LIMITED TIME OFFER Get Batman: Arkham Asylum at 75% Off!

It's sale time here at Games for Windows — LIVE...for the next five weeks, gamers can take advantage of INCREDIBLE limited-time deals! To kick it all off this Friday, February 26, you can pick up the critically-acclaimed, award-winning megahit Batman: Arkham Asylum for 75% off. This special price will last until 10:00 A.M. PST on March 1, 2010, so don't delay!

Check back every week as we reveal what new game is going on sale!

From: http://www.microsoft.com/games/en-us/games/pages/sales.aspx

:captnkill: Nice!!

Mr. Hunt
02-26-10, 04:19 AM
If this was on Steam I would be downloading it as I type this... but... no.

wysiwyg
02-26-10, 05:01 AM
steam is normally the most expensive way of buying games

CaptNKILL
02-26-10, 06:59 AM
There's no way I'm buying a game through this service... :lol:

war_child
02-26-10, 07:18 AM

Capt,
Is the service that bad? I just installed GFW, looked the game up and its still 49.99. Guess they haven't updated.

wysiwyg
02-26-10, 07:31 AM
GFWLFAIL

NaitoSan
02-26-10, 08:48 AM
Saw this at Major Nelson's site. Awesome deal but already have it from Steam. FYI, Batman: Arkham Asylum uses GFWL, even in Steam.

GFWL isn't that bad... people tend to hate it just like with Steam when it was new.

CaptNKILL
02-26-10, 05:06 PM
Capt,
Is the service that bad? I just installed GFW, looked the game up and its still 49.99. Guess they haven't updated.

Its probably not that bad, I just have no desire to start using another download service. I already have like 150 games on Steam and I'd like to keep all of my "long term rental" digital games in one service. :p

I wanted a boxed copy of this game anyway.

nekrosoft13
02-26-10, 05:08 PM

same, no chance in hell.

nekrosoft13
02-26-10, 05:12 PM
GFWL isn't that bad... people tend to hate it just like with Steam when it was new.

people tend to hate this service for one obvious reason. MS anti-PC gaming stand. they close PC studios, they openening say that they don't want multi-platform games because people in Europe tend to buy PC version, while they want them to buy console game.

that is why people don't like this service.

JasonPC
02-26-10, 05:58 PM
Yeah that's why I will never support GFWL store with my money no matter how tempting they make it.

mailman2
02-26-10, 07:01 PM
same, no chance in hell.

+1, same here.

Elvin Presler
02-26-10, 09:23 PM
I won't even buy a game that has "Games for Windows" on it, let alone from that service.

ragejg
02-26-10, 09:29 PM
Waah.

Babies.

It's a game.

From a store. An online store at that.

... sheesh. :p

Snake101st
02-26-10, 10:14 PM
Waah.

Babies.

It's a game.

From a store. An online store at that.

... sheesh. :p

It's actually a GREAT game, especially with 3D vision... I feel bad for the people that are missing out on it just because its GFWL.

NarcissistZero
02-27-10, 01:39 AM
I dislike GFWL but I do not turn down awesome games because of it, it's not that bad, just slightly annoying.

Buying from their store though... nah.

Of course right now I am not buying from ANY digital delivery stores if I can help it.

bob saget
02-27-10, 01:44 AM
other than making me log in to a service (which you can do automatically), what is so bad about GFWL? I am talking only about Bioshock 2 though. Is there something else?

crainger
02-27-10, 03:57 AM
See nekro's post before bob. MS and PC gaming are getting further and further apart.

HOWEVER it is a good deal, if you don't already have it, it might be worth a look. Most people already have it though on Steam or retail.

ragejg
02-27-10, 06:28 AM
Most people already have it though on Steam or retail.

Most people? What about this guy? Cmon!

http://garyhaq.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/poor-in-africa1.jpg

:captnkill:

... and this guy, he's 90!! He doesn't have it!

http://www.julianappraisals.net/xSites/Appraisers/julianappraisals/Content/UploadedFiles/DCP_1460.jpg

logan
02-27-10, 11:15 AM
GTA IV is the first time I've used GFWL and it's been an odd experience... I have problems connecting with the in-game part of live when a secondary/virtual/aliased IP address is configured on an interface using DHCP (http://www.webnms.com/simulator/help/sim_network/netsim_conf_virtual_ip.html). I've been using this setup since I got my Windows machine up a week ago and the standalone GFWL client and everything else is fine. I wanted this so I could remote desktop+smbfs from my Linux box and not worry about changing IP addresses or having to use some DDNS client, or having to open more ports up on either machine to public addresses. I managed to get my live account linked with rockstar and connected in the game when using a more basic network setup before going back. The game is running fine in offline mode and saves still work. I ordered a small gigE router so I don't have to deal with Windows awkward networking config and hopefully avoid other problems like this in the future.

I'm guessing GFWL doesn't have anywhere near as many users as Steam does, but Microsoft is giganticorp and they can eat up as many losses as they want to build a service. I'm sure deals like this will bring people in and once they're on they'll probably become more comfortable with the service and continue using it for new purchases. If it wasn't for Half-Life 2, I'd never have installed Steam and I wouldn't be as comfortable with that service as I am now.

I would like to play Batman though, but I've got enough to keep me busy for now. Maybe when I'm ready I'll be able to find a cheap retail version instead..

NarcissistZero
02-27-10, 11:19 AM
You're having issues because you are doing things way outside normal operation... that would cause issues with almost any service.

And GTA4 has a mod that removed GFWL altogether for offline play, FYI.

Capt. Picard
02-27-10, 11:21 AM
Here in deepest, darkest Africa I paid $50 for the game.

If I had a console I would have had to pay $80 for the game.

logan
02-27-10, 11:37 AM
You're having issues because you are doing things way outside normal operation... that would cause issues with almost any service.
Except it's not causing a problem for almost any service, it's only causing a problem for the in game part of GFWL. What is the normal operation for adding a secondary IP address to an existing interface when DHCP is used?

bob saget
02-27-10, 04:37 PM
Here in deepest, darkest Africa I paid $50 for the game.

If I had a console I would have had to pay $80 for the game.

Comon, there's gotta be worse places in Africa than South Africa :o. You don't see the world cup being held on the sunny beaches outside Mogadishu :lol:

CaptNKILL
02-27-10, 04:43 PM
Comon, there's gotta be worse places in Africa than South Africa :o. You don't see the world cup being held on the sunny beaches outside Mogadishu :lol:

Somalian pirates we!